What's Your Favorite Heavy-Duty Detangler

Tresemme Naturals. Even fixes the dryness/tangles I get from Henna. I might mix it with pure Aloe Vera and some olive oil come winter...

Leslie_C, I've had the same experience, I love Silken Child Detangler but at a certain point in my stretch it stops working. Yea, Cowboy Magic is for horses & people and I just got my hands on some yesterday because of all the good reviews, but I haven't tried it yet. I bought mine from a tack store, you can use the store locater on their website to find a location near you:http://www.cowboymagic.com/store-locator.html

Last edited:
In the shower: Aussie Moist always worked well for me. Out of the shower: Mane and Tail The Detangler.

I used to use Mane N Tail detangler sprays when i was relaxed:yep:

But now? My hair :lol::rofl::lachen: at detangler sprays!!! I use thick creamy conditioners and right now my HG is Tresemme Naturals. I also like Garnier Fructis Pure Clean and Triple Nutrition Conditioners to detangle my hair.

I love me some Aussie anything.

I use to use MnT too before becoming a tranny, I will pick it up whenever I go to the Sallys and see how it works now.

I already posted but a few others I like:
AV Moringa detangler
Silken Child detangler
Oyin Juices & Berries

I need to revisit Mane n Tail Detangler...tried it so many times but it didn't work. My hair is weird. I wanna like it so much...lol.

nurseN98 & Coffee, how are you using the Cowboy Magic Detangler & Shine? On wet hair, dry hair?
Are you really applying a nickel sized amount or do you find that you need more?
Do you use the Detangler & Sine for any other purpose, i.e. sealing?

Trader Joe's Tingle Treat Conditioner...hair feels so silky and tangles just melt away like the Wicked Witch of the West!

Onhergrind09 I use the cowboy magic on wet or damp hair. I split my hair in 2 sections and use about a quarter size per each half. Massage it through then detangle. I have left it in before and it's ok, not greasy or anything. But it doesn't do anything as far as blocking humidity. hth

Last edited:
Onhergrind09, I wash it out after I detangle. I keep my hair 2 loose braids after I detangle and then I wash it while in braids. The few times I've used it as a leave in I used it last to seal. Like I said it was a waste (for me) to do that so I stopped. It really has helped me so much, I will never be without it.

@Onhergrind09, I only use it after I finish co-washing etc my hair. I don't rinse it out. Never tired it on dry hair nor as a sealant

Are any of you girls that are using the "mane and tail detangler" Natural?.....Im 4b and somewhat "cone sensitive" and i really need to find a better way to detangle my hair (im losing more hair than i would like)....i know it has cones in it but does it leave your hair feeling VERY coated?...any help is appreciated...i am currently using AOHSR and its moisterizing, but there is NO SLIP!

Silken child detangler
Organix coconut milk conditioner
Organix macadamia conditioner
Silicon mix original

CJ Curl Rehab (Hands down). The comb glides through my hair without having to even section off my hair and I only need a very small amount. My hair even stays detangled, so I don't even have to detangle another 3 times while styling my hair.

Kinky Curly Knot Today helps me get through longer stretches. I just picked up Silken child to try.

Are any of you girls that are using the "mane and tail detangler" Natural?.....Im 4b and somewhat "cone sensitive" and i really need to find a better way to detangle my hair (im losing more hair than i would like)....i know it has cones in it but does it leave your hair feeling VERY coated?...any help is appreciated...i am currently using AOHSR and its moisterizing, but there is NO SLIP!

LightEyedMami, i'm natural 3b/c but it should work, at least its cheap if you decide to try it.

Back