What's you Current Regimen?

itismehmmkay

Just curious. Sort of like a roll-call.

I'm going back to an old regimen that I really liked before and want to stay consistent with. I'll post it later.

Also, would you say your regimen is more catered to hair-growing/health journey or to style? I think that's a big question. Some folks are lucky to have both lol but my current one I would say is definitely more for my hair journey.

Okay TIA!

Hair stats: Natural, waist length

As needed,

Shampoo w/ Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Poo
Dc w/ Joico Moisture Recovery Balm
Style w/ Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

My regimen is just for basic maintenance and I pretty much had this regimen since I've been natural bc I don't don't believe in doing too much when it comes to haircare.

Hair stats: Natural, BSL

As needed,

Shampoo: rhassoul clay and applying diluted apple cider vinegar on my scalp.
Conditioner:water/fenugreek and grapeseed or almond oil for sealing. A cheapie conditioner when I have twist in my hair.

Currently I'm keeping twist in my hair for 4 weeks washing every week. I'm definitely on a growth mission for the next 12 months.

I have finally accepted that I have several products that I like to use, and that the actual regimen is more important than the products.

Regimen (2013) (Natural, NL)

Pre-poo with oils/hot oil treatment
Cleanse
Condition
Seal
Air dry in plaits

I think that my regimen is based around both my HHJ and style. I love the look of my french braids/twists, and they serve as a great low manipulation style. If I'm careful with my hair, I can wear the same braids twice without having to take my hair down. Not to mention, it's a great style for working out, so it fits me well.

Last edited:
Relaxed - BSL/MBL-ish

I just designed a new reggie this morning so this thread is timely.
Sunday - DC (including fenugreek paste) - moisture or protein conditioner as needed
Monday - Oil my scalp (with almond oil mainly) and steam (without washing)
Tuesday - Mustard oil on scalp then cowash it out
Wednesday - Tea refresher spritz - moisturize and seal
Thursday - Tea refresher spritz - moisturize and seal
Friday -
Week 1 - Henna prep, heavily oil hair and henna overnight (maybe) or steam it in that night or for several hours on the saturday
Week 2 - Ayurveda paste wash (shikakai, amla, bhringaraj, and whatever you guys introduce and tempt me to buy:look:).
Saturday - Steamed DC (moisture or protein as needed)

Each DC and cowash will include various teas and ayurveda herbs and I plan to add sesame oil in the fenugreek mix instead of coconut because sesame is prominent in ayurveda and I don't like coconut oil on my hair.

I was cowashing daily and loved it but I can't wait for it to dry anymore plus I want to include more ayurvedics as I'm in love:love:

Last edited:
Okay my regimen:

I went back to daily washing; something that I picked up from this site way back when and I realized has been my reason for finding this site lol. So:

-Wash nightly
w/ Suave Humectant poo and conditioner (conditioner is the bomb; one of my finds when I went natural back in the day)

-Rollerset w/ NTM
and with snap rollers. The NTM is only good once; meaning I wouldn't recommend it for 2-day+ hair. It does have alot of cones and I guess you can combat that with washing it out daily. But I use it b/c it makes combing/detangling my hair a breeze. And the snap rollers stretch my hair better than just using a hairclip.

-Airdry overnight

-Comb out rollerset in the morning, add a lil grease for some humidity control and put on a headband/scarf for protective styling. Once it's long enough for a bun and longer bangs I feel like I can play w/ the heatless styling more.

And I'm texlaxed but have recently decided to transition. And all of this is definitely for now hair-journey minded. But I know once I get longer, that fluffy hair will be right up my alley.

ETA: Oh and on Saturdays, I started doing a DC w/ Cholesterol w/ WGO on my scalp.

Last edited:
Bi-Monthly

Prepoo
Co-Cleanse
Apply tea and slather DC on top
DC w/ Steam
Air Dry
BUN!

Weekly
Apply Tea and DC and let it sit for a couple hours or sit under the soft bonnet dryer for 15+ minutes.
Cowash it out using a slippy conditioner
Air Dry
BUN!

(I do this twice a week)

BAM my regimen! :look: its not very much lol.

Last edited:
Natural; should be BSL any moment (or moments or momentsssss) from now :lol:.

Regimen is based on workout schedule, HHJ, and length goals.

□ 1x a week: Co-Cleanse with Ouidad Curl CoWash, oil* rinse, and condition with Curl Rehab, moisturize**, style (buns/up-dos/french/dutch braids)
□ 2x a week: Cowash - with TJ TTT/DE Conditioner, detangle 1 of those cowashes, oil rinse, moisturize, style

□ 1x a month: Clarify with Lush Honey Shampoo, deep treatment with Repair Me/Bask Whiskey Vanilla Soak (alternate monthly), oil rinse, moisturize, style

*oil mix consists of some combination of meadowfoam seed, grapeseed, fractionated coconut (new addition), and rice bran oils
** Oyin Hair Dew or Bee Mine Balanced Cream (until used up)

Last edited:
Weekly:

For rollerset hair
-Wash
-Tea/coffee rinse
-DC with heat or steam
-Rollerset
-M&S 2-3x weekly and wrap hair daily.

For air dried hair 2-3x weekly
-Wash
-Tea/coffee rinse
-DC with heat or steam
-LCO method

Protective style always. Really not doing that much.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Prepoo with a conditioner a hour or two before washing in four sections , put shampoo in root tip only and wash hair once, cowash with v05 conditioner before deep conditioning and apply relaxer style and sit under dryer for 15 minutes or without heat for two hours and rinse out in shower and coat with slippy conditioner like Aussie or tresemme naturals and comb under running water. Put shirt on head for ten minutes while lotioning body up and mositurize and seal with my products and add styler lottabody or eco styler and add flexis or curlformers. I always wear curls. With flexi rods two to four of them

Hair Stats:

Natural (corkscrew/sharpie size curls, medium strands normal porisity) MBL/WL

I co wash either daily or every other day with either V05 or Loreal EverCurl cleansing conditioner. I then use GVP Conditioning Balm or some thick conditioner and section and comb my hair with a wide tooth comb (i use a comb 3 times a week...i finger detangle on the other days), rinse all that out. Then i use Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie as my leave in and then section my hair as i go and rake in my EcoStyler gel.

I shampoo with Shea Moisture Retention shampoo and deep condition right now with Silk Elements Naturals deep conditioner on the weekends.

I wear my hair in a curly ponytail or bun on a daily basis mainly bc its comfortable. Sometimes i will wear my curls out.

For protein i like to use Shea Moisture Anti Breakage Masque for Fine Hair every once in a while.

Sometimes at nite or on days im rushing out the door...i like to spray water and then use a liquid moisturizer and seal with oil.

I sleep in a low ponytail with either a bonnet or just my satin pillowcase.

My regimen is actually the same type of regimen i had when i was relaxed. Its just how i do my hair now...it also helps me retain a lot of length...the difference is when i was relaxed i didn't really have a detangling session and i didn't rake gel through my hair....but everything else is still the same.

Last edited:
Weekly Regimen:

- Shampoo/Clarify; detangle while rinsing
- Protein treatment (as needed)
- Apply herbal rinse; squeeze out the excess
- Apply DC on top - let sit (under a dryer during the winter months)
- Rinse DC and apply the remainder of the herbal rinse; squeeze out the excess
- Apply leave-in and sealant
- Air dry in a braided ponytail
- Refresh mid-week with a spritz and creamy leave-in (otherwise, I will
lightly wet my hands and use the dampness to smooth back any flyaways and KIM)

My regimen is geared towards facilitating optimal health; and since it seems to plateau with the attainment of each goal, I must find ways to kick it up a notch (e.g., the addition of herbal tea rinses after reaching MBL).

My regimen is definitely for hair growth. I don't know what my regimen will look like when actually do reach my hair goal//length.

1. Apply ORS Replenishing Deep Conditioner and oil mix (Avocado and Castor Oil) to my hair in smallish-medium-sized sections, then detangle with denman brush. Twist up section.
  2. Let it sit for about one or 2 hours...
  3. Wash out with Suave Professionals Shea Butter and Almond Shampoo. Condition with suave naturals conditioner (normally the strawberry scent :grin:)
  4. Moisturize and seal with garnier fructis sleek and shine leave in conditioner and oil mix and let airdry. I also scalp massage the oil into my scalp as well.
After this I may style my hair or for the rest of the week just wear it underneath a satin bonnet and scarf. It rains alot anyways (or is either ridiculously HAWT!) so this is usually my go-to style and then just repeat this process next week. Pretty simple I think.

I thought about doing a thread like this but decided against it (I remembered an old thread entitled "Regimen Library" and thought it would fun to create an updated version).

Once weekly (or if I'm lazy every two weeks :look:):

Shampoo my natural hair once or twice depending on whether I'm using a clarifying shampoo. I use a towel to remove excess water before applying any conditioner.

Then deep condition with a protein conditoner for 15-20 minutes. I follow that up with a moisturizing conditioner and leave it on from 30-60 minutes. Before rinsing that out, sometimes I will apply a conditioner like Roux Porosity Control. This is the step where I will do initial detangling with the shower comb...basically to remove shed hair/tangles and run the conditioner through to make sure it coats all the hair.

*On an as needed basis, I will do a hardcore protein treatment.*

After conditioning, rinse with cool water and apply strengthening or moisturizing leave-in spray (bought or homemade) to wet hair without towel drying and seal with aloe vera juice. I also detangle/run the shower comb through my hair at this step as well. It's the last time I will use a comb in my hair (for detangling purposes) until the next time I shampoo/condition.

Twist hair in big sections then bantu knot it and wrap hair with satin type wrap. I put on a scarf on top of that and let it dry all day or overnight. Moisturize hair with moisturizing spray as needed...wear bun or puff..maybe twists in the front when I don't want to put unnecessary stress on my edges. If I'm not going anywhere then it's just twisted in big sections.

The regimen is to maintain health/current length not necessarily for growth because I feel like my hair has reached its plateau...which sucks because it seems to be stuck between armpit length and bra strap length. The sides finally caught up with the back though so that's good.

Last edited:
Hair stats: Natural, waist length

As needed,

Shampoo w/ Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Poo
Dc w/ Joico Moisture Recovery Balm
Style w/ Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

My regimen is just for basic maintenance and I pretty much had this regimen since I've been natural bc I don't don't believe in doing too much when it comes to haircare.

Mistycat so you use joico moisture recovery and only use a sulfate free shampoo. This conditioner is amazing on my hair, but I find it to build up a lot. How often do you use it?

Looking like I'll only get to wash biweekly so my process is as follows:
-prepoo/treat or deep condition (coconut oil, oil mix, some concoction I might throw together, cassia, or my camille rose algae dc)
-cleanse (curls curlicious curls cleansing cream, camille rose caramel cowash)
-detangle (tresemme, curls coconut sublime)
-style (Braidout, using either curls milkshake or camille rose aloe whipped butter gel as a leave in, and kinky curly curling custard for hold. I seal my ends with a butter or pomade)
When my style gets old or tired, I bun primarily. My regimen is geared toward overall health with length benefits :)

Mistycat so you use joico moisture recovery and only use a sulfate free shampoo. This conditioner is amazing on my hair, but I find it to build up a lot. How often do you use it?

I use it every time I wash (most likely every two weeks); it's the only condish I use. I forgot to mention that I don't rinse out my dc unless I plan on straightening. I don't have any issues with silicones so the shampoo I use is sufficient enough for my hair.

I think I have a pretty simple, non time consuming reggie. I'm relaxed, just below SL.

Prepoo at every wash or co wash with Njoys mix massaged on the scalp. AOHSR on the length, sealed with EVCO, JBCO on the edges, baggy, skully, bed.

Wednesday mornings: Wash with Shea Moisture Yucca Boabab. Black, Rooibos and peppermint tea rinse under VO5 in shower.

Saturday mornings: Wash with Shea Moisture Yucca Boabab. Black, Rooibos and peppermint tea rinse and honey under Neutrogena Triple moisture under baggy and bonnet dryer for an hour.

Rinse, air dry for about 30 mins, LOC with Shea Moisture Yucca Boabab leave in, sunflower oil, Shea Moisture Boabab creamy milk, detangle.

Roller set or bun

If my hair gets too moisturized I use Aphogee Green tea as the leave in.

Nightly and in mornings, LOC with Shea Moisture Yucca Boabab leave in, sunflower oil, Shea Moisture Boabab creamy milk.

I will do this for the remainder of this stretch to see if I gain and retain 3.5 inches. Sometimes I throw in Vatika oil. Sometimes Tresemme Naturals instead of VO5. I want to cowash more often but I don't want the oiliness from NJoys oil to weigh my hair down in roller sets, so I have to wash the oil out after each prepoo. Since my hair does not require a lot of protein, the mid step Aphogee 2 min suffices for the protein Rx at relaxer time. Once I get further along in my stretch, maybe at 6 weeks, I will do another 2 min.

Natural, shoulder length. My routine is for hair/ scalp health & hair goals.
Weekly routine. (Saturday or Sunday)
Overnight pre-poo & finger detangle w/ conditioner mixed w/ oils and I may or may not steam the following day.
Shampoo w/ SM
Condition
Dc w/ whatever's on hand and I may or may not sit under the steamer. While generously applying my dc mix, I twist my hair in sections.
When I remember, I apply a tea under my dc. ( I need to visit the tea thread more often)
Wash out dc & detangle
Style my hair for the upcoming week (usually twists since I can't do hair). I alway have my scissors on hand so that I can snip any ssk's

Weekly
Apply castor oil/NJoys sulfur mix to my scalp alternating every other day, spritz w/ tea mixture, seal w/ gso and baggy overnight.
Since I recently dusted my ends, ive been practicing heavy sealing hoping it will keep the ssk's at bay.

Monthly
Clarify w/ suave or make a bentonite clay mix.

Last edited:
Prepoo (drench hair in tea & layer conditioner on top)
CoCleanse
Oil Rinse
DC with steam
Air dry with banding method

Weekly:

For rollerset hair
-Wash
-Tea/coffee rinse
-DC with heat or steam
-Rollerset
-M&S 2-3x weekly and wrap hair daily.

For air dried hair 2-3x weekly
-Wash
-Tea/coffee rinse
-DC with heat or steam
-LCO method

Protective style always. Really not doing that much.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

I'm pretty much doing this as well but I haven't tried tea rinses yet. Now, I'd like to ask, on air dried days, are you cowashing or poo washing? I'm asking because I've been cowashing but if I cowash more than once in a row my hair gets dull and my scalp is itchy. I'm now thinking about diluting a sulfate shampoo for air drying days.

Every 2 weeks (sometimes 3 if I'm too busy)

• Protein DC
  • Shampoo
  • DC
  • Blow dry
  • +/- flat iron depending on how much time I have

Other than this I don't really do anything. I moisturize and seal my ends maybe twice a week, but sometimes I forget.

I literally just tweaked mines a couple of days ago.

Sulfate free poo once a week (on the weekend).
Moisturizing DC for 30 min to an hour.
Leave-in condish & air dry in ponytails

Cowash every few days throughout the week. (tweaked to include)
Leave-in condish & air dry in ponytails.

M&S every night throughout the week & massage edges with Doo Gro.
Protein DC for about 15-20 minutes every 2 weeks.
Sulfate poo when I do protein DC. (tweaked from once a week)

My routine was revamped a few days ago also. I try to stay away from synthetic lines. Including lines that use fragrances (non essential oils) and phenoxyethanol.

Shampoo (1x week)
- Dudu Osum Black Soap Shampoo

Deep Condition (1x week)
- Natty Cupuacu & Rhassoul Deep Condiioner

Leave In
- Qhemet Biologics
- Natty Moist

Edge Control/Gel
- Flax Seed
- Curls
- Aloe Vera Gel

Moisturizer
- Natty Moist
- Natty Butter

Oils
- Ayurvedic
- Organic
- NJoys Essentials
- Farasue's Garden

I co-wash 2x a week as well and I air dry my hair in pigtails w/ rollers. I smooth my hair down using gel (scarf method), moisturize my ends daily, and oil my scalp before my co-wash.

Last edited:
Weekly:

Prepoo/HOT overnight
Wash with diluted shampoo
D/C with whatever conditioner I have one hand + yogurt + honey +ACV
Apply leave-ins and braid or twist for a braidout or twist out

I moisturize with water and seal with oils whenever I feel like it, once or twice a week

I had a major setback due to laziness, so I went back to the regimen that got me to BSL the first time around.

-Protective style with sew-in weaves every 2 to 3 months.

-Shampoo, and deep-condition (with heat) every two weeks with Joico Moisture Recovery.

-Moisturize every other day with She Scent It Moisture Mist Leave-In.

-My oil of choice is coconut oil, but I'm not consistent with it...I only use it when I feel like it.

As far as vitamins go, I'm taking prenatal vitamins for my pregnancy, but I'm sure my hair benefits from them as well. Any trims and additional treatments I get are done on an as-needed basis by my stylist (usually when I get a new weave installed).

I wash every 4 days.

Wash day #1
  • Oil scalp
  • Prepoo & finger detangle
  • Shampoo
  • DC (w/heat) or overnight if its the weekend
  • Leave ins and LCO
  • Bun or wig PS

4 days later
  • Oil scalp
  • Prepoo and finger detangle
  • Shampoo
  • Quick DC (w/o heat)
  • Leave ins and LCO
  • Bun or wig PS

Extras::

I always mix oils and conditioner for my prepoo
Wash#1 is fancy.. I usually add oils and cassia to it. I recently started adding fenugreek to that DC mix as well :lick:

M&S nightly with the LCO method
Satin bonnet to bed

Protein every 5 weeks
Texlax every 12-14 weeks

Pretty simple. Everything is as needed, as im pretty lazy sometimes. Right now im cowashing weekly with Miss Jessies Creme de la Curl and Condition with whatever I have on hand. Lately its been something protein based like AOGPB or Hairveda Moist Pro. Then apply jojoba oil to freshly rinsed hair and either do a wash and go (apply aussie 3 min as styling product) or chunky twists with perm rods for a wavy-ish twistout. If I've been sweating a lot or can smell my scalp, I use Bobeams ACV and Bentonite clay shampoo bar, then condition and follow my regi as stated above. I moisturize using the LOC/LOCP method with water or a premade spritz, jojoba oil, whatever moisturizer or leave in I feel like using, and seal with a pomade or butter

I love my reggie. I've pretty much stuck to it for the last year and I see the benefits to my hair.

My Whole Reggie happends in the shower.

Hair stats: Relaxed/Texlaxed, waist length, I relax 3 times year

Weekly or bi weekly

Shampoo w/ Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo
5 minute Dc with ORS Hair masque in the green tub - boost of protein (I don't use a lot of protein conditioner) every other wash
Dc w/ Joico Moisture Recovery Balm for recommended time
Put on Joico Moisture Recovery Regular conditioner leave on remainder of shower

Towel dry - Put on AG Fastfood moisture leaven-in and Redken Anti-snap.
Air dry out and rub Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Anti-Breakage Serum through out.

I usually don't add anything else until next wash. If my hair feels particularly dry I will add Creme of Nature Rosemary and lemon grass leave in and some ORS coconut oil..

Styling I usually bun, braidout, dry flexi sets, or flat iron.

I use different gels depending on the end result I want. I use IC fantasia when I want waves, Eco styler gel for straight edges, and Soft & Beautiful Just For Me Curl Smoothing Gel on the length of my braids outs for light hold.

I just shampoo and bun every other day. The only part of my hair care routine I have been slacking on is my hot oil scalp massage treatments. Other than that, I do nothing to my hair.

Last edited:
Back