What's the quickest you took out a hairstyle?

Harina

I did kinky twists on myself over the weekend. I did them all over the weekend but I finished them this morning. They look so bad. I will be taking them out when I get off work. That will be a whopping nine hours that I left them in. I'm glad I didn't have any plans after work. Everyone's been looking at me like :look:. I'm getting sick of my hair. *sigh*. I wish my real hair was long enough to look nice in cornrows without extensions but it's too short (shoulder length) right now. I wish I didn't have a non-black roommate so they could understand why I've been fussing with my hair all weekend. The same goes for my non-black corowrkers. They are going to think I am absolutely batty for coming to work with one hairstyle one day and a totally different one the next day. And I really wish I didn't have to pay for any more deep conditioner at Sally's but I sure as heck don't have any. FML.

I did kinky twists on myself over the weekend. I did them all over the weekend but I finished them this morning. They look so bad. I will be taking them out when I get off work. That will be a whopping nine hours that I left them in. I'm glad I didn't have any plans after work. Everyone's been looking at me like :look:. I'm getting sick of my hair. *sigh*. I wish my real hair was long enough to look nice in cornrows without extensions but it's too short (shoulder length) right now. I wish I didn't have a non-black roommate so they could understand why I've been fussing with my hair all weekend. The same goes for my non-black corowrkers. They are going to think I am absolutely batty for coming to work with one hairstyle one day and a totally different one the next day. And I really wish I didn't have to pay for any more deep conditioner at Sally's but I sure as heck don't have any. FML.

[Had to edit. Misunderstood your question].

As far as them looking at you crazy, have fun with it. We use to have fun with the conversation, how will your hair be when you come in on Monday. I think they are more fascinated then anything because its a rarity for people to wear different hairstyles. If you do it enough they won't even question it. They will just think that's how Harina rolls. :yep:

But I have no problem wearing my hair in different styles every day. And I know my girl Tashboog definitely wears a different style every day.

I will take a hairstyle out the next day if it looks dull or I have the wrong products on my hair or if I need an emergency wash. So I have worn at least 3 different hairs style in 1 week.

I have tried box braids with extensions they were terrible. I did keep them in for a week but I put them up into a bun.

Enjoy yourself and your hair and everyone else will just have to fall in step.

Last edited:
I got cornrows with extensions on Thursday afternoon.

I called back Thursday evening saying I thought they were a little tight. The hairdresser said I could come back on Friday morning.

On Friday morning, I woke up and thought they felt a little looser, so I figured they would continue to loosen up. I cancelled the appointment.

I was mistaken. They were not more loose at all. I couldn't stand it by Friday afternoon. The stylist left early and would not be back until Monday.

Friday evening I took them out myself.

I paid 85 dollars for the cornrow extensions. I think I hold the record for shortest hairstyle ever.

When I take down my kinky twists, it takes me about 2 hours. I watch a couple of movies. But you can shorten the time it takes by cutting off the excess extension hair below your own hair. Maybe you can redo the edges to your satisfaction and wear them up? It took me about 4 tries to get my kinky twists acceptable. Practice makes perfect.

Last edited:
[USER=88681 said:
Your Cheeziness[/USER];14307723]When I take down my kinky twists, it takes me about 2 hours. I watch a couple of movies. But you can shorten the time it takes by cutting off the excess extension hair below your own hair. Maybe you can redo the edges to your satisfaction and wear them up? It took me about 4 tries to get my kinky twists acceptable. Practice makes perfect.

1st try

4th try

I thought she meant how long did it take to remove kinky twists too. But I think what she is really asking is what is the shortest amount of time you left a hair style in. I think :look:

I paid $375 for some braids and decided I was taking them out at week 3 but kept them for 6 weeks on the dot. I didn't like the color the braider infused in the hair. It was red but I couldn't tell until I got home. RED!

I wore the braids in a bun for 6 weeks and never down.

I thought she meant how long did it take to remove kinky twists too. But I think what she is really asking is what is the shortest amount of time you left a hair style in. I think :look:

Oooooooh! Well in that case, I have hair ADD so I've taken out a style within a day. If I don't like it, it's coming out.

Two days before my wedding a hair dresser deep conditioned my real hair and glued in a lace front wig. She glued it so low on my forehead - I asked why she was doing that and she said it looks better like that. When I got home I looked like a neanderthal with the low brow. I ripped off that wig and most of my hairline with it and got my sister to help me with a new one!

6 hours after getting a weave done

it was so tight I couldn't fall asleep, i just broke out the scissors right then and there. biggest waste of money ever.

Two days before my wedding a hair dresser deep conditioned my real hair and glued in a lace front wig. She glued it so low on my forehead - I asked why she was doing that and she said it looks better like that. When I got home I looked like a neanderthal with the low brow. I ripped off that wig and most of my hairline with it and got my sister to help me with a new one!

Those lace fronts will mess a girl up. How did the new one end up? I'm assuming nice or else you probably would have mentioned it.

6 hours after getting a weave done

it was so tight I couldn't fall asleep, i just broke out the scissors right then and there. biggest waste of money ever.

That happened with me with cornrows before. They were so tite.

Yep, I can write kind of confusing(ly?) sometimes.

[Had to edit. Misunderstood your question].

But I have no problem wearing my hair in different styles every day. And I know my girl Tashboog definitely wears a different style every day.

I have tried box braids with extensions they were terrible. I did keep them in for a week but I put them up into a bun.

Enjoy yourself and your hair and everyone else will just have to fall in step.

If I like a style and other people don't like it. I will still wear it. It just I didn't like this and other people's reactions just confirmed my dislike for it. I tried to put it in a bun, but it just didn't look that nice. I definitely have tried everything under the sun, except locks/sister locks (have done the yarn locks thought). Yeah, it's cool to wear different styles and have fun with hair, it's just this style wasn't cute. :nono:

Back