Whats the point.......

delitefulmane

............of save the date VIDEOS/ MOVIE TRAILERS? Do you send out cds instead of cards? I have seen some really nice ones but I don't see the point. Ladies, please share your thoughts!

Also, what do most people do with engagement pics (other than showing them at the wedding)?

Nothing. I don't like seeing other people's more than once. My neice was tried to force us to watch hers every time we came around...and she still does this although it's been YEARS......

Save the dates are just an added expense, IMO. As well as engagement pics. Money that could go on something else. If the couple wants to do it, that's nice. But no one misses it if its not done.

Save the dates are just an added expense, IMO. As well as engagement pics. Money that could go on something else. If the couple wants to do it, that's nice. But no one misses it if its not done.

RIght! I could see a few engagement pics but people take HUNDREDS of them. I like seeing them but personally, I don't know what I would do with them if I had them. I always thought the wedding album to be the MOST important!

I think all the the above are cute and fun. Not necessary, but still nice. Plus a lot of couples have websites these days, and people who can't make it to the wedding can still experience the whole thing.

I thought engagement photos/movies went out with announcements and/or invitations.

Sent from my iPhone.

Wow, I didn't know that people were doing engagement videos and movies now! :lachen:

I don't think it's my cup of tea but I like the idea of it. With family and friends being spread so far apart these days and social media being what it is, it's a nice idea. Most engaged couples now have websites.

I'm definitely doing engagement photos though. I want to document all of my milestones. :yep:

I also think save the dates are good for destination weddings as it gives people ample time to prepare: with a link to a website where they can look for "travel info" (discounts, who when where, etc), exciting info about the place (to get the guests even more excited), etc. But most important it gives them time that an invitation doesn't as they will have to prepare to travel further.

It's just another unnecessary expense they will come up with all kinds of things and make it seem like its tradition or it must be part of the wedding but it's not true its just wedding planners photos and caterers wih really good marketing to get you to spend spend spend.
Figure out what you need like and what's cost effective where you should splurge and not then you won t get caught looking like your dough ran out midway through the days festivities.
I read that Gloria Estefan and Emilio her husband of 34 years about only had money for a cake dinner and champagne she went to church in a simple white dress and they're still married now.
On the other hand Kim K spent millions and had 3 designer couture dresses and hat lasted what barely through the honeymoon.
Sorry for he hijack and long explanation

Back