What's the point of hair care if you can't style?

Innocent_Kiss

I'm definitely being sarcastic :rolleyes: I'm getting really good at this hair care thing, but I can't style for nothing!!! My hair is always well conditioned with a perfect balance between moisture and protein, my scalp oiled, and all of the other hair etiquette techniques. But I am seriously style challenged :nono: What's a girl to do? I actually like doing hair. I wouldn't want to work in a shop or anything, but I definitely wouldn't mind keeping my own crown whipped!!! I was actually thinking about taking some type of course. What do you ladies think?

Im not the greatest at styling but I still want to grow it so I can at least put it in a quick bun.

Have you looked at tutorials on you tube?

I have, but most of the tutorials are for people with longer hair, so in a lot of cases I can't achieve the same style. I'm neck length :nono:
Im not the greatest at styling but I still want to grow it so I can at least put it in a quick bun.

Have you looked at tutorials on you tube?

Hi,
I think it is the length thing that makes it difficult. I am currently neck length as well. since transitioning. The last 2 times I transitioned in teens, I used cornrow to transition. So I have never styled hair this short, so I am finding it difficult to style as well.
Add to the fact that I have really thick hair that is out of control.
Infact I wish I stuck to my 2yr transition plan, big chopped at 10 months.
I am probably not helping matters, but just to let you know you are not alone.
My plan is to stay in weave or braids for most of this year, till I can get decent length to put in a bun.

Hi,
I think it is the length thing that makes it difficult. I am currently neck length as well. since transitioning. The last 2 times I transitioned in teens, I used cornrow to transition. So I have never styled hair this short, so I am finding it difficult to style as well.
My plan is to stay in weave or braids for most of this year, till I can get decent length to put in a bun.

That's actually how I achieved my growth. I ended up having to cut all of my hair off due to damage, and I wore kinky twist for about a year. After taking them down, I'm here. Hopefully we'll come up with something :yep: and I forgot all about flexirods!!!

Just keep trying...
After I did the BC back in 2007 it took a long time for me to get over the awkward stage. My hair just wouldn't do anything - either it was too short or my bangs weren't long enough or I had a mullet LOL

Anyway at some point you'll get to a comfortable length and will be able to do more. In the meantime try accessories. I used to go to Claire's and Ann Taylor Lofts and just stack up on headbands that were on sale.

Hi,

pssh 10 months I chopped at 7 lol I have the front of my twa braided and the rest is out I'm sure you have more length than me even if u can't style it you can look at what some other ladies here are doing and have a friend hook it up or take a picture to a salon but for the most part u need to learn your hair and what it likes and dislikes at this stage.

I am going thru the same thing! I tried to put a phony pony on.....lets just say HOT MESS!:nono: My nape was sticking out and since I dont use gel that made it worse. I only tried because my sister told me my hair was long enough for it....NOT! For now I will just stick with the bantu knots and wigs.

one thing i noticed if you want to retain length you gotta sacrifice some of your hair styles... not everyday you can have your hair out flowing in the wind.

save some pictures of hairstyles you would like to try for those special occasions and keep practicing them!

Back