What's The Final Updated Verdict For Stopping Shedding ?

VimiJn

Let the truth set you free!
I know we have threads here and there but I wanted to know what the updated remedies were.
So ladies what has definitely worked for you?

Just plain old powered garlic to
your deep conditioner? How much do you add?
Does the smell linger?

Yes, plain garlic powder seasoning. I've never really measured how much, but I put in a good amount because I'm heavy handed. The conditioner and garlic powder shouldn't make a paste though. It should still be creamy and easy to distribute to the hair and scalp. I don't recall the smell lingering, but I rinse very thoroughly and finish with quite a few additional products.

The first time I tried to texlax my hair, it was shedding really badly afterwards. I read about adding the plain garlic powder to conditioner as a DIY Alter Ego Garlic Mask on this board. I've done it 3 times. It really works like a charm for me; instant results really. I'll see if I can locate that old thread.

ETA: Found it! https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/ever-mixed-garlic-powder-to-your-conditioner.410406/

Last edited:
Yes, plain garlic powder seasoning. I've never really measured how much, but I put in a good amount because I'm heavy handed. The conditioner and garlic powder shouldn't make a paste though. It should still be creamy and easy to distribute to the hair and scalp. I don't recall the smell lingering, but I rinse very thoroughly and finish with quite a few additional products.

The first time I tried to texlax my hair, it was shedding really badly afterwards. I read about adding the plain garlic powder to conditioner as a DIY Alter Ego Garlic Mask on this board. I've done it 3 times. It really works like a charm for me; instant results really. I'll see if I can locate that old thread.

ETA: Found it! https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/ever-mixed-garlic-powder-to-your-conditioner.410406/
Awesome! Thank you.

Im a die hard fan of fenugreek. You can soak the seeds and blend on your scalp or just mix the powder with water.

Bonus its very moisturizing and helps with detagling because it gets thick and gelatinous like flaxseed or chia

It does smell kinda like curry but to ke the smell is more tolerable than garlic

Im a die hard fan of fenugreek. You can soak the seeds and blend on your scalp or just mix the powder with water.

Bonus its very moisturizing and helps with detagling because it gets thick and gelatinous like flaxseed or chia

It does smell kinda like curry but to ke the smell is more tolerable than garlic
Is the tea just as good ?

The black tea does work but it made my hair shrink so badly I never repeated it. What I should have done was put it in a spray bottle and simply spray it onto my scalp directly and not on my hair.
Aha! Does the tea not form the mucilage ?

I completely forgot that garlic powder is a thing. I'm gonna hunt for some so I dont have to keep cutting up my garlic. Soaking my scalp overnight with garlic and green tea always helps my shedding.

Really? I put garlic powder on almost everything I cook. Lol. I don't think I've ever been without it in my spice cabinet. And neither was my mama, or her mama... You shouldn't have to hunt long for it at all, unless you're looking for the organic stuff.

Really? I put garlic powder on almost everything I cook. Lol. I don't think I've ever been without it in my spice cabinet. And neither was my mama, or her mama... You shouldn't have to hunt long for it at all, unless you're looking for the organic stuff.

I'm not in the US, so while I can find it, it'll probably be a touch more expensive. But hey, hopefully it's not by much.

How much do you take ? How soon did you notice a difference ?

I take 2 × 75mg capsules daily...I spotted noticeable decrease in shedding the very next wash day ( my wash days are two weeks apart) ...I shed even less than the average 100 hairs (and trust me I'm a heavy shedder at some point i thought I had telogen effluvium or some other alopecia variant)

I will never be without these garlic supps.

I take 2 × 75mg capsules daily...I spotted noticeable decrease in shedding the very next wash day ( my wash days are two weeks apart) ...I shed even less than the average 100 hairs (and trust me I'm a heavy shedder at some point i thought I had telogen effluvium or some other alopecia variant)

I will never be without these garlic supps.
Which brand do you use?

For ladies that use the Alter Ego mask are you using it as a pre-poo treatment? Or does is replace your regular DC step after cleansing? Thanks!

Back