Whats the difference?

I don't know what you mean by purifying per se--there is a difference between chelating and clarifying shampoos...

clarify: works on the surface of the hair, no deeper than the cuticle. It works to remove debris from the surface of the hair.(great for removing product build-up)

chelate: works to remove anything that has managed to "bond" to the cortex of the hair, the core of the hair. (for example chlorine damage or chemical damage can be improved by using a chelating shampoo)

I don't know what you mean by purifying per se--there is a difference between chelating and clarifying shampoos...

clarify: works on the surface of the hair, no deeper than the cuticle. It works to remove debris from the surface of the hair.(great for removing product build-up)

chelate: works to remove anything that has managed to "bond" to the cortex of the hair, the core of the hair. (for example chlorine damage or chemical damage can be improved by using a chelating shampoo)

i know that chelating is good for ladies who use no-lye and if u have hard water...but is chelating necessary when u use lye...and if ur water is good??

I use a lye relaxer by Vitale and have used Joico Resolve Chelating Shampoo on occasion(i am lo-poo with my hair). It is helpful after relaxing(not for neutralizing) but as a second wash to ensure my conditioners work most effectively.

Back