What's the craziest thing you've done in pursuit of long hair?

Glib Gurl

For me, while not crazy, I was doing the Apple Cider Vinegar cocktail for a few months (ACV with honey and distilled water). It was actually a good little mix and had my hair all shiny and whatnot . . . but it was stripping the enamel from my teeth :nono: (Yes, I tried using a straw. Still had problems.)

So after a few months I had to quit.

What about you?

putting coochie cream on my scalp .... shivvvvvers .... it just somehow freaked me out, will not re-try

Glib, I've never heard of the ACV cocktail. Now that I have, don't wanna try it....

I can't think of anything I've done, so far, in the pursuit of long hair. But, I am gonna try megatek and OCT next year.

Cayenne pepper in oil... As much as I love spice, it was a little too hot for my scalp. Supposedly, it increases circulation in the scalp and therefore promotes hair growth. I may revisit in the summer when I have time to co-wash more.

For me, while not crazy, I was doing the Apple Cider Vinegar cocktail for a few months (ACV with honey and distilled water). It was actually a good little mix and had my hair all shiny and whatnot . . . but it was stripping the enamel from my teeth :nono: (Yes, I tried using a straw. Still had problems.)

So after a few months I had to quit.

What about you?

Apple Cider Vinegar??? Glib!!! :lachen: what was is supposed to do for the hair? i'm curious. now that i think of it though, i've heard of people drinking it to relieve colds

Apple Cider Vinegar??? Glib!!! :lachen: what was is supposed to do for the hair? i'm curious. now that i think of it though, i've heard of people drinking it to relieve colds

Some people use it for weight loss, too. It must be a miracle in a bottle :lol:

Some people use it for weight loss, too. It must be a miracle in a bottle :lol:

ACV really *is* a miracle in a bottle . . . it's good for just about everything. If you search on the forum for "acv" you will find threads extolling its virtues. Or google "Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar" to get more info.

Drinking flaxseed oil. I heard taking it in liquid form was MUCH better than taking the pills.

Took one capful and threw the bottle down the drain. :nono: Gagged. Started to think more about what I was doing to myself just to get long healthy hair.

Went to work with goose grease slathered all over my hair. Needless to say my co-workers were not happy with me that day. :blush:

Drinking flaxseed oil. I heard taking it in liquid form was MUCH better than taking the pills.

Took one capful and threw the bottle down the drain. :nono: Gagged. Started to think more about what I was doing to myself just to get long healthy hair.

It is better to take it in the liquid form, it's more potent apparently. I did this too, kept it up for a week or two then had to quit as I couldn't take the taste. I went back to just using normal supplements and I feel mch happier for it!

Goose grease is funny! :lol:
But I did do the coochie cream on my scalp too! Managed to keep it up for a few weeks! Never again, though! :nono:

It is better to take it in the liquid form, it's more potent apparently. I did this too, kept it up for a week or two then had to quit as I couldn't take the taste. I went back to just using normal supplements and I feel mch happier for it!

Flax seed is a great supplement to take for overall health!!! you should revisit. I buy flax seed meal and sprinkle over salads, and add to smoothies. If you make smoothies, you could add the oil to them too

Went to work with goose grease slathered all over my hair. Needless to say my co-workers were not happy with me that day. :blush:

DWL ... what was it supposed to do?
OMG lol whyyyyyyyyyy :lachen:

MTG.

I was a desperate broke grad student. Hair kept breaking off in the same section year after year, I mean serious breakage, down to like an inch or two of hair. Didn't have good insurance or money to go to a dermatologist. So as a last resort, I went to the local horse and tractor suppl store out in the boonies and got some mtg. I didn't mix it with anything, put it straight on my scalp.

When I was younger I tried all kinds of silly things. With all of them I had the right intentions, just not the right methods to get the results I wanted. I remember in middle school for a while, I would mix Blue Magic and Pink Lotion together and put that on my hair thinking I was making a great moisturizer. When I first started visiting this board, I took the "no combing" technique that some ladies use to the extreme and instead it turned into no detangling or caring for hair whatsoever. Dreaded, matted mess.

Did the MTG, WGO oil, Monistat, and more that I can't remember. I tell you what, I've stopped jumping on people's bandwagon because most of the time it doesn't work for me. If I'm satisfied with the way my hair is growing then I'm gonna let it be. The old standbys are just fine, Scurl, Profectiv Healthy Ends, Phytorelaxer Index II, and something that I use when I'm rinsing, I forgot the name but it helps with the tangles. Away from that, no more bandwagons.

Craziest? I'm just going to say the plethora of vitamins in my cabinet...I really look ill or something.

Stinkiest? MTG!!!!! I love that stuff though.... :)

i havent done anything really crazy but yall got me crackin up...i kinda took vitamins (iron, multi, evening primrose oil, biotin, hair skin nails/ultranourishair & msm) but i was never consistent enough (maybe take them 2 weeks, skip 2 weeks, and start again for 2 weeks etc)...i ended up throwing the biotin out because i think it was too potent ( 5000 mcg) considering my multi had biotin as well as the hsn/ultranourish hair vits... next year i hope to add a solid vitamin regimen for overall health including my hair...i dont think i'll ever do any thing really crazy because im too lazy for all that lol

Spend $1000 on Megatek. That I don't have the time to use lately!

I wanted to stock = )

but I guess that my enthusiasm didn't realize that I wasn't even going to use it just yet.

I was in a stocking state of mind and somehow MT got in the mix.

But honestly, this was a step forward to me, because I use to be $350,000 way worse at managing my money!

Back