What's the best weave out there.HELP!!!!

maygasa

I am planning on getting a weave and i am having a hard time deciding which brand to go with. I am considering Extension plus,Wagmans or Halleys Curls. I havent used any of these brands but have read that i can reuse the hair. Which is the best brand for the money?

thank you ladies!!

you might wanna try blackhairmedia.com in the Weave Forum. There is so much info there, you might actually die/get overwhelmed.

thanks ladies for the feedback so far. Anyone who has tried any of these brands? i have tried Black media but there is so much information i just got more confused.

I used Extensions Plus for my last weave. I purchased the Relaxed Texture hair and I loved it. It behaved just like my relaxed hair, it blended perfectly and it didn't shed. A lot of times people thought it was my real hair.

My only suggestion is to go with any type of remy hair. If all of the brands you mentioned are remy then you can't go wrong. Remy hair normally lasts a long time..and depending on which type you get it can last up to a year. Virgin remy has the most longevity but its also more expensive. My advice is to do your research and don't just buy hair because its popular. You have to experiment to know what type is best for you :yep:

I used Extensions Plus for my last weave. I purchased the Relaxed Texture hair and I loved it. It behaved just like my relaxed hair, it blended perfectly and it didn't shed. A lot of times people thought it was my real hair.

thank you for the feedback.greatly appreciated. Do you know if this is virgin hair?

If you are planning on using straight hair, Halleys Curls Salon Relaxed is really nice. I have this installed for the second time right now and it still looks great. Matches relaxed hair nicely. However, If you are natural you need a good press to be able to blend this. I have natural 4a hair and I am able to blend my hair nicely with my Maxiglide and an electric pressing comb for the edges. Love this hair and it is much cheaper than Extension Plus. If you want a little more texture though, I would recommend the EP.

I have used EP hair curly and wavy. Its expensive but really nice. I havent tried the other brands you named. But I want to try Halleys Curl Gentle Wave Hybrid. And plus its cheaper and they had a sale going on not sure if the sale is still going.(ok i just checked nope some of the hair is not on sale anymore oh well, but the prices are not that bad) For the price i pay for the most expensive beauty supply hair i can get Halleys Curl hair.

Yes if you also go and check out Blackhairmedia.com the weave thread they can give you good suggestions and some even post pics of their hair.

right now i have some Indi Remi installed that I purchased at the BSS...its been really nice and some people i believe actually thought it was my own hair. I purchased a 1B because i dyed my hair black with bigen thinkin that it would match but i probably needed a #1 because it looks like a #2 up next to my own hair..but its not that noticeable.

Last edited:
I love Indique's Relaxed Texture. The best,IMO...You can install it over and over and over again. No tangling what so ever. Very, very little shedding if any.

hth

I have used Indique Curly, Halleys Curl Gentle Wave, and Laniks Deep Curly. I just uninstalled Luxuriaremi Wavy http://www.luxuriaremi.com/. I am an Indique addict. But, I LOVE the Luxuriaremi hair I just uninstalled. That hair was so wavy and pretty - never tangled or shedded!!!!!!

I agree if you want relaxed straight - try Indique, Halleys or Extensions Plus.

I have pictures of installs wearing Indique, Halleys, and Lanks in my fotki.

Last edited:
I have actually bought SAGA hair for when I did my sew-ins. It is expensive, but you DO get your moneys worth. This hair seems like it was designed to be caught in a desert storm, hurricane, tornado and still make it out gorgeous! And you can use it for 3 months straight, take it out and re-use it again for another 3 months or so.

As the other ladies have mentioned you can't go wrong with any of the brands you mentioned. I personally have only worn Wagman's natural curly and love the way the curls pop. Then whe I want to switch it up, I apply a little heat in no time I have a new look with the same install.

I've heard really good things about Sensationnel Goddess Remi. I think it's the brand Nichi uses (do a search on her threads and you'll find tons of pics and techniques) :yep:

Hands Down Extensions Plus... no shedding or tangling. Very natural looking. Worth the money. I bought the relaxed texture and it blended perfectly with my hair. I don't like BSS hair.

I have to go with the Halley Curls salon relaxed. I have had it in for almost 2 weeks no probs,no shedding tangling and looks very nice not too shiny and almost maintenance free. Hope that helps:)

All the vendors you listed are fine. I have used Wagmans virgin straight for almost a year now and it's holding great. I even got a wig made from my hair I was using for sew ins. If you want relaxed texture then Extensions plus or Halleys curls will be your best bet.

If you have trouble finding info on BHM, then just use google advance search and type in keywords "halleys curls salon relaxed" aka 'HCSR' or "Extensions plus relaxed texture" aka "EPRT", Extensions plus silky relaxed texture' aka 'EPSRT'using "blackhairmedia.com" as the domain and you should be able to find tons of threads.

Back