What's the BEST PROTEIN treatment you've tried??

longfroinghair

Okay ladies, I need srs help finding a good *heavy protein* deep conditioner that brings natural curls back to life, strengthens hair, and Stops Breakage
My main problem with protein conditioners is they just aren't heavy enough, or they give me tangles. I've tried adding an egg to ORS Hair mayo and it made my hair feel even more soft lol!......what do you like to use?

I like to mix Duo Tex protein conditioner in with a more moisturizing creamy conditioner. Duo Tex is a liquid and you can use it as is. I feel like it's almost as strong as Aphogee 2 step without the stinkiness and crunch hair. I used it. It stopped my breakage from when I bleached and relaxed:blush::nono: and melted off some hair, lol.
It looks like this and I bought it from sallys for a big liter bottle for like $3. US757.jpg

Last edited:
beana

Do you think that Dudley's DRC-28 is even better than Aphogee 2-step?

If so, what makes it better? Is it less drying, more moisturizing, better smelling, etc?

vtoodler, the product is easier to apply and it leaves the hair less hard feeling than aphogee. It's a MUST to use a moisturizing conditioner after both treatments, but IMO, DRC is a better quality protein.

It leaves the hair with incredible body as well. I've used both and prefer the dudleys hands down.

Aphogee 2 step or I'll beat an egg into a pack of ors replenishing condish.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

In no Particular Order:
Mega-Tek
Claudie's Protein & Claudie's Reconstructor
Cathy Howse UBH
SheScentIt Fortifying

Honorable Mentions:
Redken Deep Fuel
Redken Extreme
L'anza
Lamaur Bone Marrow
Dudley Rebuilder

I hate to sound redundant and this question comes up every week, but Aubrey Organics GPB is the best. Its the most moisturizing conditioner I have encountered b/c it is so strengthening.

Komaza Care Protein Strengthener. Nothing but pure protein that you let harden, but after rinsing, my hair feels soft even before DCing.

Back