What's the best Protein Treatment for stretching? Trying to avoid detangling drama!

lovleelilie

Hello Ladies! Hoping to get some feedback pleeeeaaase! I've gotten my hair moisturized but now am in need of protein b/c the breakage is still happening. I'm stretching so I'm scared to death that my hair will be too hard for stess-free detangling.

I've heard not-so-great things about Aphogee 2 minute - that it may be too strong. I've heard adding egg to my conditioner may not be enough protein to stop breakage in it's tracks. I'm now stongly considering AO GPB b/c it's gentle....any feedback on it? Or, any suggestions for other protein options that will work w/out making it impossible to detangle? Any help would be much appreciated! Thx!!!

Re: What's the best Protein Treatment for stretching? Trying to avoid detangling dram

What's your hair type and what's the cause of your breakage?
I use Aphogee 2 Min weekly and I don't have a problem with tangles or crunchy hair. I'm 4b something.

Also, there is the Aphogee 2 Minute and then the Super Aphogee Treatment that makes your hair hard. Just an FYI in case you were getting them confused.

Re: What's the best Protein Treatment for stretching? Trying to avoid detangling dram

Thx for the speedy reply texasqt. No, I know the difference between the two. I guess I'm just paranoid b/c i'm stretching (4b/4c) and my line of demarcation is so fragile. My hair has also thinned due to overprocessing. Soooo, I'm trying to find alternatives to the Aphogee 2 minute b/c a few ppl have complained that it didn't work for them. Were you stretching when you used it?

I use Cantu Shea butter leave in the night before cowashing... applied like a relaxer to the line of demarcation.

I have fine hair, relaxed with Mizani bb/fc

I totally agree with Texasqt re the Aphogee 2 min!

My favorite is Nexxus Emergencee!!!!

Millennia mud Reconstructor from Sally's, it's the only protein that left my hair soft. My hair usually hates protein. It has volcanic ash in it, which is great for hair :yep:

choppybob, is the cantu shea butter a protein?

Back