What's the best oil to use...?

Leshia

What\'s the best oil to use...?

For a hot oil treatment? I'm leaning towards castor oil, but I'm looking for the PERFECT hair oil...Anyone had particularly good luck with a particular oil?

Re: What\'s the best oil to use...?

I was using the rest of my Ginseng Miracle Wonder 8 Oil (I think that's what it's called!
grin.gif
but this morning I used extra virgin olive oil, I've never felt my hair feel so soft. Definitely recommended, and cheap!
smile.gif

I just used castor again after having used olive and grapeseed for awhile. Let me just tell you I am going back to castor oil, although I may jazz it up with a little honey and maybe add some coconut oil.
I think any fairly heavy oil (olive, castor) will do the trick.

I never thought to try the Ginseng wonder 8 stuff...

All right, I think I'm safe with the castor oil then. If I happen to be out, I'll use some EVOO. Thanks ladies..

i've used plain ole olive oil and it does the trick.

Queene Helene jojoba treatment is pretty good (thanks foxybronx!)

I used olive honey and cinnamon and that was wonderful, it was just really messy

Hey Leshia
wave.gif

I've used jojoba, castor, & extra virgin olive oil (latest oil used), but nothing, absolutely nothing made my hair feel soooo wonderful like the VO5 moisturizing oil did. The other oils were good, don't get me wrong.... but goodness gracious...VO5 ACTUALLY PENETRATED... after using VO5, there's no doubt in my mind that it's the best hot oil (for treatments) for my hair.

My only problem is the cost....because I'm "hair cheap", my wallet & this oil will not get along
laugh.gif
....it's $5.69 for a 2oz bottle. Per the label, it's enough for 4 treatments, however, I had to use the entire bottle to adequately cover all of my length
frown.gif
. So needless to say, I'm looking for alternatives... I'm gonna try my beloved Hot 6 oil, Wonder 8 oil, & Perfect Results hot oil (I've never used their products, but someone recommended I try this oil).... I'll let u know how each worked for me.

But nonetheless, VO5 is an EXCELLENT oil
smile.gif

God Bless,
Peachtree

I love VO5 too. I'm about to use it in a few minutes, simply because I don't have time today to sit with the heat cap for 30min.

Leshia,
I love a mixture of Extra virgin olive oil, jojoba, castor, and a lil bit of honey!
smile.gif

Jen

There is a post of good pre-oil treatments on the hair recipes board. Check them out. Carmenrose posted them and there's alot and they all sound fantastic.

Can someone tell me what exactly it is that honey does for the hair? I would like to try this to add to my pre oil treatment but I'd like to understand what it does. Its not an oil is it? I'm sounding thick here I know but please explain what are its properties to make it good and why.

Thanks anyone.

BRH the honey is said to add shine and help retain moisture. Its the honey that we consume. i melt mine w/ my oil. I use a cheap honey esp. for pre-oil treatments b/c the consistency is usually flimsier and blends better with the oil. Usually people add 1 or 2 tbsp HTH

Thanks beana I'm going to get some today.

I'm doing house chores with EVOO and pure coconut oil in my hair pinned up and I would've flung in honey too if I had it at home and knew what it does.

I'll definitely try it next time round.

Hope your keeping well.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
brownrelaxedhair said:
There is a post of good pre-oil treatments on the hair recipes board. Check them out. Carmenrose posted them and there's alot and they all sound fantastic.

Can someone tell me what exactly it is that honey does for the hair? I would like to try this to add to my pre oil treatment but I'd like to understand what it does. Its not an oil is it? I'm sounding thick here I know but please explain what are its properties to make it good and why.

Thanks anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

BRH,
I also read that honey is a natural humectant!
About Honey and Beauty...

great article, jenjen! i've been using honey for a while. it's nice to have the info to explain why intelligently when my friends ask why...
grin.gif

these are the ingredients that i use for my pre-shampoo treatments:

• extra virgin olive oil
• honey
• peppermint oil
• rosemary oil

it's very stimulating and relieves the psoriasis, at least for a little while...

I use jojoba oil mixed with honey. I heat them up in the microwave, then i pour the oil in my hair, and let it soak in my hair for two hours.

Back