What's The Best Moisturizing Liquid Leave-In Conditioner w/ No Cones?

Kimiche

I tried searching for topics on this, but I'm not having luck finding anything on this. I am looking for a nice mosturizing liquid leave-in conditioner, preferably natural with no cones. I tried creamy ones, but I don't think they are working out for me anymore for some reason. I have 4a/b, relaxed hair.

Thanks. :grin:

ETA: I guess I could try other creamy leave-in conditioners, as long as they don't contain glycerin and protein.

Last edited:
the first one that comes to mind is qhemet biologics karkady tea replenishing mist

Qhemet Biologics Karkady Tea Replenishing was kinda "sticky" on my strands. My recommendation would be Shescentit Moisture Mist Leave In Conditioner, I just posted a mini review on it in the "July 2010 Hits & Misses" thread:

"Words just can't even explain. I've been looking for a moisture-based spray leave-in for my hair since last year. I've tried my own concoctions, Biolage Matrix Daily Leave-in Tonic, Qhemet Biologics Karkady Tea Replenishing Mist, etc. I used this for the first time after co-washing last night on almost 20 week post hair, my hair and NG airdried SOOOOO softly which blew me away. If this product can handle my hair at this state, I know it's a keeper."

Elasta QP H-TWO Leave-in Moisture Sealing Conditioner
not all natural but i don't think it has cones.

africa's best braid spray is good too. there's like 2 or 3 variations i believe, but they're all pretty good

I really love Aubrey Organics Sea Buckthorn Leave-in conditioner and curl activator. I don't hear it mentioned much, but it makes me and my toddlers hair so soft and shiny and smooth-feeling. I just wish it came in a bigger bottle. Just to warn you, some people think it smells funny, but it just smells herbally to me. I actually like the smell, but I am used to using naturally scented products.

Kinky Curly Knot Today worked fine for me when I used it. Now that Kinky Curly is coming to Target, I can buy it again.

^^ Mine either. Here are the ingredients in the Shescentit Moisture Mist Leave In Conditioner

Ingredients: Chamomile, water infused with Aloe, Nettle extract, grape seed extract, Honey, Colts foot extract, Horsetail, Silk Amino Acids, Sage, Rosemary, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Mint extract, centrimonium chloride, Tocopheryl Acecate (vit E), Panthenol, citric acid, germall plus

For my hair, glycerin begins to cause issues for me when it's among the first 3-4 ingredients.

^^ Mine either. Here are the ingredients in the Shescentit Moisture Mist Leave In Conditioner

Ingredients: Chamomile, water infused with Aloe, Nettle extract, grape seed extract, Honey, Colts foot extract, Horsetail, Silk Amino Acids, Sage, Rosemary, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Mint extract, centrimonium chloride, Tocopheryl Acecate (vit E), Panthenol, citric acid, germall plus

For my hair, glycerin begins to cause issues for me when it's among the first 3-4 ingredients.

I'm thinking about trying this conditioner then. I like the slip that the others have given me in the past, but the cones mess with me after awhile.

yup i vote the she scent it for you too. the elasta qp one doesn't have glycerin either, that's why i like it. but like i said, it's not all natural

WOW!! Great ingredients!!!! And it doesnt weight the hair down at all? What specifically do u think u get from it, that u dont get from other products?

Glycerin is probaly the second ingredient in this product. Extracts "infused" in water usually make up less than 1% of the product.

Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner is my fav liquid leave-in.

Ingredients : Purified Water, Extracts of Aloe Vera, Comfrey, Watercress, Myrrh, Panthenol, Essential Oils, Anthemis Noblis Flower, Symphytum OfficinalLeaf, Equisetum Arvense, Urtica Dioica (Nettle), Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Lawsonia Inermis (Henna), Butoxyethenol, Polyquarternium11, Soyamid DEA, PPG30, Cetyl Ether, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Hydantoin, Glyceryl caprylate, methylisothiazolinone (preservative)

um this OT but I missed this part of the show so I'm relieved to see Miss Patty didn't disappoint me.

Back OT - Jane Carter Leave-In is awesome!

:lol: Yeah she did a good job. I was waiting for those shoes to get kicked off.

Glycerin is probaly the second ingredient in this product. Extracts "infused" in water usually make up less than 1% of the product.

It's definitely not, my hair is very glycerin-sensitive.

WOW!! Great ingredients!!!! And it doesnt weight the hair down at all? What specifically do u think u get from it, that u dont get from other products?

It doesn't weigh my hair down at all. I stretch my relaxers 16-20 weeks at a time and that's when moisture really becomes a problem for me. After so many weeks I spray my NG directly with a moisture-based spray leave-in and that Shescentit moisture mist left my NG sooooo soft at 20-weeks post; i sprayed it on damp hair after a cowash and allowed it to airdry and it still dried incredibly soft. I just relaxed Saturday and used it as my leave-in after my DC and then rollerset and my hair was still really soft. Not weighed down in the least bit. This is certainly a staple product for me now.

Qhemet Biologics Karkady Tea Replenishing was kinda "sticky" on my strands. My recommendation would be Shescentit Moisture Mist Leave In Conditioner, I just posted a mini review on it in the "July 2010 Hits & Misses" thread:

"Words just can't even explain. I've been looking for a moisture-based spray leave-in for my hair since last year. I've tried my own concoctions, Biolage Matrix Daily Leave-in Tonic, Qhemet Biologics Karkady Tea Replenishing Mist, etc. I used this for the first time after co-washing last night on almost 20 week post hair, my hair and NG airdried SOOOOO softly which blew me away. If this product can handle my hair at this state, I know it's a keeper."

I'm co-signing on this. :yep:

This thread is right on time for me and you have me sold on this product, ShyIntellect! Where do you buy yours from?

This thread is right on time as I am looking for something new to switch up with the Ojon revitalizing mist, which I just love, but have only bought twice in three years as it is so expensive. I thought the Aveda Damage Control mist would be it, but my hair absolutely hates it. Also, my hair hates liquid leave-ins with glycerin high on the list, so... I have had great success with Talia Waajid Protective Bodifying Mist and Giovanni Vita Pro fusion, but I want to try something new. I have been eyeing the Shescentit but the glycerin is giving me pause.

This thread is right on time as I am looking for something new to switch up with the Ojon revitalizing mist, which I just love, but have only bought twice in three years as it is so expensive. I thought the Aveda Damage Control mist would be it, but my hair absolutely hates it. Also, my hair hates liquid leave-ins with glycerin high on the list, so... I have had great success with Talia Waajid Protective Bodifying Mist and Giovanni Vita Pro fusion, but I want to try something new. I have been eyeing the Shescentit but the glycerin is giving me pause.

My hair didn't like this surprisingly. I tried it on wet and dry hair and it made my hair a hard mess. :ohwell:

Back