Whats The Best Moisterizer ?

berry87

Having gone through a dozen moisturizers already, i'm still trying to find the best one. Whats the best for you ladies?

Mango Butter
ORS Olive Oil
ORS Carrot Creme
Mizani H2o
Scurl
BBD Stretch
Hollywood Beauty Carrot Creme
Shea Butter
Other

I depends on how my hair is, for my protective styled/ponytailed hair I like Profective BreakFree

For my flat ironed/rollersetted hair, I like Dove Moisture Mist, and Aveda Brilliant Creme for my very ends.

I tried the ORS Carrot Creme and it was good for a time but the smell got to me. Also it was greasy:ohwell:

berry87 said:
Having gone through a dozen moisturizers already, i'm still trying to find the best one. Whats the best for you ladies?

Mango Butter
ORS Olive Oil
ORS Carrot Creme
Mizani H2o
Scurl
BBD Stretch
Shea Butter
Other

I use Mango butter on my ends but for my whole head I am currently looking for a good moisturizer. It seems that my hair soaks up EVERYTHING...Currently Me, myself and I is using Pro-line comb thru softner moisturizer because I'm tired of trying to find the right moisturizer. The stuff works excellent, if my fiance use it on his natural hair and it stays soft and moisturized allllll day. I know it's a keeper but you know I want to use something else. I am going to order that Qhemet Heavy Alma Cream or what ever it's called and see how that works...Oh yah I bought that CON Oil Moisturizer in the yellow bottle...I likey...I use that for the first two weeks after my relaxer. Currently still searching for the best of the best though.

Just feel in love with Aveda Brilliant Universal Styling Creme.

QP Oil Moisturizer Recovery (love love love), Mango Butter (for edges), Oyin Whipped Pudding, and ORS Olive Oil is great for bunning.

MizaniMami said:
I depends on how my hair is, for my protective styled/ponytailed hair I like Profective BreakFree

For my flat ironed/rollersetted hair, I like Dove Moisture Mist, and Aveda Brilliant Creme for my very ends.

I have Breakfree on my list already, going to add Dove Moisture Mist and Aveda Brilliant Creme.

tsmith said:
I have Breakfree on my list already, going to add Dove Moisture Mist and Aveda Brilliant Creme.

Tsmith...You gotta get that Aveda. This stuff is sooo darn good.

tsmith said:
The Aveda Creme sounds good! Maybe i'll try that along with the DR Set:)

the best one i've used so far is Dudley's PCA moisture retainer. it's so popular the salon where i buy it at can never keep it in stock. right now i'm using ORS Olive Oil in the bottle, it's too greasy for my liking but it's cheap and readily available

berry87 said:
The Aveda Creme sounds good! Maybe i'll try that along with the DR Set:)

Go get you some for real. Now, let me stop before someone think I work for Aveda and making some money off this cream. lol (but it really is that good.)

caribeandiva said:
the best one i've used so far is Dudley's PCA moisture retainer. it's so popular the salon where i buy it at can never keep it in stock. right now i'm using ORS Olive Oil in the bottle, it's too greasy for my liking but it's cheap and readily available

You are right on that one Caribeandiva. (bolded) That is why I use for bunning only. It's good for bunning!

thanks for the thread i'm looking for a new moisturizer. i'm heading into another stretch and my new growth is super course and dry!

oh and my hair hates the carrot cream.

I love ORS olive oil- it's truly the BEST moisturizer for my hair!

berry87 said:

Mango Butter
ORS Olive Oil
ORS Carrot Creme
Mizani H2o
Scurl
BBD Stretch
Shea Butter
Other

My fave moisturizers are ORS Carrot Oil and the Garnier Long and Strong Leave-In Treatment. I have a sample of the Mango Butter, but I haven't used it yet.

I would have to say hot six oil and jane carter nourish-n shine. They are the only things that can get my hair moist.

Well I'm just starting out on experimenting with moisturizers, but right now I use the Pantene Relaxed and Natural daily Oil Cream Moisturizer.

That sucker is waaaay too thick to be used on it's own, so I divide the contents in half, and add jojoba oil, Jamaican Mango Lime Island Oil, Alberto Vo5 Detangle and Shine Lightweight Leave In Conditioner, and water. That lightens the consistency and eliminates the need for me to put the oils and leave-in on my hair in separate steps.

When I use this on my wet hair after washing, the result in the mornings is really nice. My hair drinks every moisturizer I use, but this mix lasts the whole day. I tried the Elasta QP Mango Butter thingy - horrible for my hair. :ohwell:

ETA: I mist S-Curl over as a stretch aid! Keeps the edges tame.

Last edited:
MizaniMami said:

I bought the Profective for ends(you mentioned it in another thread) and I'm loving it..it water based so it's definitely a great moisturizer

*Dee* said:
I'm not too sure, but you can order it online though ;)

Which product do you have The Silky Touch with Mink oil or the Hair and Scalp Conditioner with mink oil? I am going to the BSS after work today to try and find this , I was looking for a moisturizer that was not expensive. Products with mink oil seem to work well on my hair.

Back