What's the best deep conditioner

angeleyes3b

Hey, I'm a newbie and very new at this lol...I was wondering what is the best deep conditioner & deep conditioner routine for dry, damaged hair with edges thinning...And she I use a reconstrutor ( which one is best) before I start? Please help, thanks

Elasta qp makes good deep conditioners intensive fortifiying hair treatment and Kera care humecto is very good for dry hair HTH and Welcome!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure the other ladies will chime in with good recommendations. Happy hair growing.:grin:

I have several favorites:
  • UBH Deep Conditioner
  • ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Pak (Bottle)
  • ORS Hair Mayo
  • My Honey Child's Olive You! Deep Conditioner
  • Queen Helene's Cholesterol (add: olive, coconut, & jojoba oils)

Welcome AngelEyes! :wave:

My favorites would be LeKair Cholesterol Plus mixed with ORS Replenishing Conditoner. Also ORS Hair Mayo is very good too. :yep:

My all-time fave is Rivas Silcon Mix. Love the protein and moisture that it adds to my hair, and it has INCREDIBLE SLIP! :lick:

I used Trader's Joe Nourish Spa last night and my hair feels amazing. It was only 2.49 for a 16oz bottle too. All natural ingredients.

Sometimes you just have to pick and choose what's best for your hair. Everyone can make good recommendations, but it's all about trial and error and what works for you. But, I don't have any particular favorite kind of DC. So here are a few to name:

Silicon Mix
Pantene Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense Masque
ORS Replenishing Pak
Capilo Avacado Conditioner

Verifen Complex Advanced Conditioning Treatment--no oil needed :dance7:

I add olive oil to the following:

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner
Motions Moisture Plus

:superbanana:

Welcome AngelEyes! :wave:

My favorites would be LeKair Cholesterol Plus mixed with ORS Replenishing Conditoner. Also ORS Hair Mayo is very good too. :yep:

I second the bolded above! I would also use the ORS Replenishing Conditioner and add some honey and EVOO to it as well.

Aveda Damage Remedy :grin: - protein with moisture AND slip. :lick:

Thank you for this post Jamilla75 because I was thinking about odering this one. As for me right now, I use Kenra Moisturizing conditioner, Mizani moisturefuse, Pantene R/N hair conditioning mask and many others but these are my favorites.

For moisture- Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, Pantene relaxed and natural mask, Redken Butter treat

Protein- Paul Mitchell Hair repair, Joico Kpak, Duo Tex

Sometimes you just have to pick and choose what's best for your hair. Everyone can make good recommendations, but it's all about trial and error and what works for you. But, I don't have any particular favorite kind of DC. So here are a few to name:

Silicon Mix
Pantene Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense Masque
ORS Replenishing Pak
Capilo Avacado Conditioner

I second what Miss_Cherokee said; I actually have used all the ones she mentioned in her post except the very last one. Each of them are good for me but tend to do something different for my hair. While I wouldn't reccommend going out to buy everything that everyone has reccommended her in the thread:grin:, I would at least start with one that you feel most comfortable with (from the reviews) and see what it does for you.

BB

Silicon Mix (Moisture & Protein)
Mizani Kerafuse (Keratin & Protein)

I just bought the Silicon Mix yeterday and I'm in love. I don't care that much for the fragrance, but it did wonders for my dry hair.

It depends on what your looking for. My favorites include:
Joico K-pak recontructor--protein (mild)
Joico Intense hydrator--moisture
Keracare humecto--moisture and elasticity
ORS hair mayo--protein+moisture
Aphogee treatment for damaged hair--intense mega-protein. I use only when the above fail. Reserved for emergencies.

Good luck to you and welcome!!!

Back