What's the absolute best/expensive brand of hair for weaving???

After seeing your pics, I think I would like to use the his & her hair that you used. How much hair do yo uthin I will need for a full head sew in Med thickness? Also, did it shed? Cause I hate when the hair sheds and gets all in the bathroom sink, clothes, floor, food, everywhere!! Also, WHat color did you have in the pic, cause I actually think I am either a 1b or a number 2

I think 2 packs are enough (8 oz) - actually you would not even use all of that. The only think with them is that the regular one has a weft that is way too big for me! Unless they have changed it, the weft was just too thick. The Micro Thin Weft is the best. In my pics I have the regular weft, and it worked, but it would have been better without all of that. I emailed them about it, too! It's like they are trying to MAKE you pay more for the microthin weft. You can buy sample wefts if you call them.

I used color #1. Also, no shedding at all. :)

Last edited:
I used that one too for a while! I used to get it in the French Refined, and the 50/50 mix does last about 6 months. You can get 2 bundles of it for less than like $125. I've heard of people being able to use the Cuticle hair for like 3 years though.....;) I couldn't picture using the same hair for that long. I don't care how good it is!!:lol:
She does french refined for summer and I love it on her. Its really good hair. The salon she goes to orders this hair if you request a weave....needless to say they charge an arm & leg for the weave & hair; Like $350, I will stick to my 25$ pack yaki:grin:.

She does french refined for summer and I love it on her. Its really good hair. The salon she goes to orders this hair if you request a weave....needless to say they charge an arm & leg for the weave & hair; Like $350, I will stick to my 25$ pack yaki:grin:.

Girl, you and me both! I used to spend all that money, but it is just not worth it to me anymore. I guess because I just don't wear weaves like that anymore. I think if I were doing it long-term I might invest in hair that will last over that time, because it will end up being a good deal.

Earlier this year I got a weave, although I did not like the stylist's technique, I did love the hair itself. I washed it and combed it and had no problems. It blended well and I was very impressed.

It was Janet Collection Mink Yaki. If I get another weave I will stick with that. It was only about $25, as well.

Even though I don't wear weaves anymore, I loved the way French Refined looked on me too! Plus it was just easier to deal with. I became addicted to curly hair after that!:grin: As for the hair, I say to each his own. I just can't justify paying someone $200 to put some $20 hair in my head.:perplexed Cheap hair can make even the best weaveologist look bad. But like Honeydew said, it makes more sense to spend money for a quality weave when it will be worn over long periods of time.

Last edited:
Buying quality hair is expensive. I swore I would never spend this much on hair ever again, but I am starting to get sooo bored of my protective styles w/ my natural hair, and since I am a makeup artist, I feel the need to stay current and trendy w/o causing damage to my natural hair. Also I feel that by giving my hair a rest and a little tlc, I can eventually have the length I want quicker. I have tried all different brands, and I do believe that there is a difference when you buy better hair. I don't want no cheap hair that's going to look dry and matted in 3 weeks....this is so of f the subject (a little),....but I mentioned that Iam getting my hair sone like meagan good..do y'all think she has a sew in, or is that her hair?

Buying quality hair is expensive. I swore I would never spend this much on hair ever again, but I am starting to get sooo bored of my protective styles w/ my natural hair, and since I am a makeup artist, I feel the need to stay current and trendy w/o causing damage to my natural hair. Also I feel that by giving my hair a rest and a little tlc, I can eventually have the length I want quicker. I have tried all different brands, and I do believe that there is a difference when you buy better hair. I don't want no cheap hair that's going to look dry and matted in 3 weeks....this is so of f the subject (a little),....but I mentioned that Iam getting my hair sone like meagan good..do y'all think she has a sew in, or is that her hair?

I think she has done weaves and lace fronts. I think she has a nice head of hair though, from picture I have seen. Sometimes her hair looks fuller than normal and I knwo she has something added in up there.

Ladies that braid, so you have access to apply things to your scalp. I can't remember. I never really cared to do that when I had weaves in the past, but now I have been challengin myself to do scalp massages with oil every other day. My hair is growing a little faster and with this method and I'd like to continue. I was also thinking of a weave, because I am SOOOO sick of these braids.

I understand how you feel. If you plan on wearing the weaves for an extended period of time, I'd say just buy the expensive hair. It is an investment. You will get your money's worth if you use it more than once. It wouldn't make sense to keep buying BSS hair, using it and then throwing it out only to start the process over again.

If you're not going to wear it that long, then I could see getting some moderately priced hair. I usually wear BSS hair when I get my weaves unless I'm getting curly or wavy. I don't keep my weaves in that long so it doesn't really matter. As long as you keep it up, it will be fine. I've found that it does act better if you DC it.

Lastly, Megan Good wears weave. I think her hair actually a good length but she does wear weaves.

Last edited:
I think she has done weaves and lace fronts. I think she has a nice head of hair though, from picture I have seen. Sometimes her hair looks fuller than normal and I knwo she has something added in up there.

Ladies that braid, so you have access to apply things to your scalp. I can't remember. I never really cared to do that when I had weaves in the past, but now I have been challengin myself to do scalp massages with oil every other day. My hair is growing a little faster and with this method and I'd like to continue. I was also thinking of a weave, because I am SOOOO sick of these braids.
I currently am wearing a weave, and I still spray leave in conditioner on my hair, and but Boundless Tress on my scalp, I just lift up the tracks. It is very important to keep up you regimen while wearing a weave (which you probably already know). The only thing I hate, is not being able to really wash my hair the way I like to while my hair is in a weave :ohwell:

I am planning on getting a sew in weaves until the end of the year to see if I can get to APL length or close to it by Dec 07. I want some good quality hair, that isn't going to shed, is atleast 18-20 inches, and looks and feels nice. I want my weave to look like the weaves the stars have. I am willing to pay alot for the hair provided that it is good quality and will last a long time. If you know of any brands, or links wear I can buy hair like that let me know. Thanks !!!!:grin:

Here in L.A. we use hair from Espy and Bliss. Espy has textures from perm straight to Inidan and Bliss specializes in just Indian hair that has been blessed. Everyone from Eve, Tyra Banks, (when not in a weave), Gabrielle Union, and Oprah use Bliss. The great thing about both is that you pay for what yo get and you can the use the hair up to 4 times if not more if you care for it

I absolutely love EP hair in relaxed texture! It's the best, it matches AA hair texture perfectly and it even poofs up when wet like most AA hair. It rarely sheds, tangles and I just LOVE it!

I've been trying out other brands lately cause EP is HARSH on the wallet. I like Bohyme hair (Brazilian Wave), it's really pretty and looks so natural. I also like Outre's Relaxed straight, It's really silky though but nice. I've been getting samples of other hair that I'd love to try for my new install in a couple of months. I'm really feeling Halley's curls kinky curly and light Yaki textures.

I absolutely love EP hair in relaxed texture! It's the best, it matches AA hair texture perfectly and it even poofs up when wet like most AA hair. It rarely sheds, tangles and I just LOVE it!

I've been trying out other brands lately cause EP is HARSH on the wallet. I like Bohyme hair (Brazilian Wave), it's really pretty and looks so natural. I also like Outre's Relaxed straight, It's really silky though but nice. I've been getting samples of other hair that I'd love to try for my new install in a couple of months. I'm really feeling Halley's curls kinky curly and light Yaki textures.

I'm so with you on the EP being just too expensive, but after getting garbage from RemiHairToday I'm too afraid to order from any other vendor. In miami I can get LUGO's , which is good, but not great. It's also about two hundred. Some ladies from BHM are ordering from WAGmans and indianhairs.com but I'm so chicken.:bricks: I'm scared of getting ripped off again.

Last edited:
If anyone knows of hair that matches natural 4a/b, please let me know. I currently have tracks in, and my natural hair keeps reverting in the humudity when I flat iron it. Any help is appreciated:yawn:

I am an extreme 4b and EPRT worked for me. I went to Hawaii this summer and after flat ironing in the morning, the EPRT would revert along w/ my own hair in the extreme humidity there. Some might not like that, but it gave a more natural look since it behaved like the hair I left out in the horseshoe. I have a few pics showing how it behaved in humidity in my fotki. Info. in my profile.

In addition, if anyone can reccommend a reasonably priced natural looking closure, that's my next purchase. I suffered some damage to my edges and horseshoe. Nothing too silky or wiggy looking.

I'm so with you on the EP being just too expensive, but after getting garbage from RemiHairToday I'm too afraid to order from any other vendor. In miami I can get LUGO's , which is good, but not great. It's also about two hundred. Some ladies from BHM are ordering from WAGmans and indianhairs.com but I'm so chicken.:bricks: I'm scared of getting ripped off again.

I feel you. Luckily I still have my EP hair in my closet in a bag:lachen:. I haven't ordered any of the Indian hairs because I'm not sure of how they would blend with my natural hair. I'm spoiled by EP! I'm trying new stuff though, Halley's CUrl light yaki is also pretty good, it looks similar to my beloved EP but IDK if it would hold up like EP! We'll see!

I'm not a fan of the Wagman's hair, I was not impressed with the samples at all. Right now I'm interested in AAMH http://allaboutmyhair.com, the Kinky curly hair is GORGEOUS and it matches some parts of my hair (nape:lachen:). I'm going to try that next year after I get my Assymetric Bob that I've been FEIGNIN for!!

I am an extreme 4b and EPRT worked for me. I went to Hawaii this summer and after flat ironing in the morning, the EPRT would revert along w/ my own hair in the extreme humidity there. Some might not like that, but it gave a more natural look since it behaved like the hair I left out in the horseshoe. I have a few pics showing how it behaved in humidity in my fotki. Info. in my profile.

In addition, if anyone can reccommend a reasonably priced natural looking closure, that's my next purchase. I suffered some damage to my edges and horseshoe. Nothing too silky or wiggy looking.

Don't you love that about EP!!!! After I blow dried the hair it looked EXACTLY like AA relaxed hair!! Sometimes I would just blow it out and not flat iron it if I was feeling exxxtra lazy and no one would question me about it ever! Is that the EP hair in your avatar pic or your own hair...very pretty!

With closures, the best one I would suggest would be EP of course but the price is a no-go for me. I've checked out other sites and hisandher had some really nice closures but they were just as expensive as EP! At least you can catch a sale at hisandher.com sometimes. EP prices just always go up up UP!!!:lachen: I've seen some really nice closures from http://halleyscurls.com and the star stylists (Amandita and 'em) seem to be singing the praises of the these closures so I may check 'em out and the prices are reasonable too.

I had a bad experience with RemiHairToday also. It frizzed terribly and matted with my hair. I ended up having to cut off about an inch of my hair. Just my experience. I used SenghoriShells and this was nice but I dont think it can be used more than once or twice. Just my opinion.

I had a bad experience with RemiHairToday also. It frizzed terribly and matted with my hair. I ended up having to cut off about an inch of my hair. Just my experience. I used SenghoriShells and this was nice but I dont think it can be used more than once or twice. Just my opinion.

I know how your feel I was so traumatized that I won't try another vendor that not high end. My logic says that it has to be something else better. I like HALLEYS CURL website but I don't like handtied wefts.:nono: I want to try all about my hair but will it match my hair.:nono:

I love Lugo's in New york. You can send them a sample of your hair ant they will match it up. Weft it thin or thick. You should pick a texture that you can wear wavy or straight. I like them alot!

I actually go there! I have some at home that I used before. I use it over again.

Time for my annual hair purchase

Has anyone tried Extensions Plus Silky Relaxed Texture? It's supposed to be a little straighter than EPRT, more of a pressed look with less poofiness.

Halley's Curls has been closed, but they will be open for business again on Monday.

Extensions Plus is having a sale for the month of March. I may buy my first Remy closure.

Re: Time for my annual hair purchase

Has anyone tried Extensions Plus Silky Relaxed Texture? It's supposed to be a little straighter than EPRT, more of a pressed look with less poofiness.

Halley's Curls has been closed, but they will be open for business again on Monday.

Extensions Plus is having a sale for the month of March. I may buy my first Remy closure.

I would like to know this too! I can't decide between the relaxed texture and the silky relaxed texture. Hmm.:ohwell:

Has anyone tried the silky relaxed texture? They are out of the relaxed texture and I really need some hair ASAP.

I just checked out the extensions plus website. I am interested in getting a nice sew in job that I can keep in for a while..and ladies I saw the royal hair!!!!!!! I love curls...I havent looked at the price yet but am determined to get it...lol

I used Indi Remy hair. It looks completely real and behaves like real relaxed hair. You can wash it, condition it, blow dry it, and flat iron it and it comes out looking like your own hair every time. If i had a dollar for every person that thought it was my own hair..... Im telling you the people I work with every single day were even convinced. Even when I told them it wasnt my hair they didnt believe me until i showed them the tracks. I went to Miami in May and got a sew in with this hair. Here are a few of my miami pics with Indi Remy hair. I'm the chocolate girl.

restaurantbikinimiami.jpg

posinginbluemiami.jpg

meandthegirlsinmiami.jpg

drivinginmiami.jpg

beachmiami.jpg

drinkininthecarmiami.jpg

I am totally in LUVVVVVVVVVV with The Hair Factory's (www.hairfactory.com) new PURE line: natural Remi, untreated, totally natural GORGEOUS hair. AMAZING texture! Check it out, they have a FIERCE Sahara Kinky Relaxed Natural Remi, and fantastic curls too. I've tried sev of them and it is SOO fine, my stylist loves it to. I'd say D best!!! Here: pure+remi+remy+hair
actually, all the Hair Factory products ROCK!:yep:

Back