WHAT'S REALLY GOOD ABOUT ONLINE DATING????

kjeneen

Ok, so I don't mean to come off skeptical ...ok, well maybe I am a bit jaded, but what's really so good about internet dating? In other words, does anything good and long lasting ever come out of it??

I recently ran across the man of my dreams...he was tall, dark, and extremely handsome:lick:. To top it all off, he came off as sweet, sincere, and desperately seeking Mrs. Right. That is until he sent a response to my message with another woman's name in the thread :wallbash:. WTH???? He literally copied the same blanket conversation from her to me...I was too through:nono:. So in an effort to extract my revenge, and help a brother out, I simply forwarded his response on to the women he obviously had me crossed with, ending by wishing them well on their future ventures:kissing4:.

Last edited:
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Well I think online dating helps you to filter out what you don't want right away. It would be a lot more helpful in real life if men went around with signs on their foreheads that said "long term relationship" "sexual encounter" or " activities partner" but they don't. So in online dating you can just filter out the ones who are not what your looking for and contact the ones you do. It saves a lot of time and effort right up front. Now whether or not something meaningful comes from it is up to the quality of person and circumstance.

On plenty of fish.com I liked that a lot of the guys I looked at had "must not have messaged anyone looking for sexual encounter" I know which men are serious about a serious woman.

I see your point and can agree. I was just too through with this experience because he came off so on point and turned out to be the biggest JERK of all~ ewwww.

Good things about on-line dating.
1. Choices--some choices you wonder why he is making contact with you:nono:!
2. The chance to see how a man presents himself--not always the true person:spinning:.
3. Anonymity as long as you like.-Date does not work then you can 'poof':yep:.
4. The chance to communicate with men you may not have come across in everyday life.:sweet: -Sometimes a great one at that.

I liked it because I knew what I wanted and didn't want and could weed them out before even getting to the dating stage.
I also wanted to open up my dating to people who I otherwise would not come into contact with.
I am a fan of alternative dating methods. Internet, speed dating, meetups. I think that they can all work.

i met my ex in a fitness forum and we dated for almost 2 years.

The best thing about it is you never become one of those couples who spend all of their time with each other... and weaken relationships with your friends. Also, you get to know the person incredibly well first since communication is a huge part of the relationship. The first time I met my ex in person, I felt like I had known him forever. Plus, it's incredibly easy to tell if the guy is interested in you for the wrong reasons, IMO.

Back