what's a good flat iron brand??

sckri23

I don't straighten that much and when I do I always use my Conair steam straightener or my Instyler.

But when my car gets out the shop I'm going out every weekend and I need a mini flat iron to keep in my car just in case.

Almost every brand has one but what's the best???

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

I'm looking on Ebay and I don't see none of those in minis what your take on Revlon, hot beauty, and proliss???

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

Solia. I just got one and I looove it. I just did a TU and then a wet wrap. I planned to trim, so I had to flat iron. Can you believe I got it straight on the lowest setting! (140 f, iirc) Now, to be fair, my hair is fine and medium density, but I was thoroughly impressed. :yep: I also tested it out on my newgrowth* the week before I got the TU, it got totally straight on 230 f, which is great because I hear hair burns at 370 f (thanks @Kurlee).

If you're looking to get the best value for your money, I'd wait for a good sale. I got the Solia free with purchase at Ulta.

*eta: I straightened the back of my head, the 4c area.

I know it's not a big name like the FHI or the sedu or something else, but I LOVE my GVP from sally's. Its only $60 and I get salon perfect results everytime. It has ceramic plates. It also has floating plates (if your flat iron doesn't have this your really missing out). It also lets me set the temperature unlike some other professional irons (like the CHI). It has an auto shut off that you can set when you want it to shut off. And a 9 foot swivel cord so it reaches far and the cord doesn't tangle on itself.

My flat iron:

SBS-264665

Flat iron results:
DSCN1924-vi.jpg

Last edited:
I have 3 sedu irons (including a mini one) and I LOVE them. I will never get another brand. I iron my hair weekly so they get a lot of use and they are great. The small one I have is the "shortie" LINK, although it's currently out of stock. They have a newer compact styler that has larger plates that looks good LINK. Folica is great for buying tools and reading reviews on all the big names, by the way :yep:

I have a flat iron that costs $400 and another that costs $20.

I honestly don't think brand matters. There are certain features you should look for in any flat iron:

1. adjustable temperature gauge (beyond high, med, lo. this may be difficult to find in a mini iron)
2. ceramic plates (ensure hair heats evenly)

A quick search on amazon lead me to this Croc mini flat iron

I'm looking forward to getting a Sedu iron before the HYH reveal next month. With what you ladies have said so far I'm starting to get excited.

I agree with westNDNbeauty. I dont think brand matters so much as technique. I have had my Sedu for years but never had as good flat ironing results until last night and i am 95% sure that it was cause I used the Croc Flat iron Comb. I also used a new heat protectant for the first time so I dont know if that had anything to do with it

croc-iron-comb-416x416.jpg

I've had good experiences with the FHI Runway, the FHI EPS & my stylist also used to use Design Essentials iron on my hair but I forget the name of it.

I STILL :love: my Maxiglide. :yep:

ITA about technique. I don't like the "can ya smell what Iluvs is cookin" aroma that comes from most flat irons. I don't have that with my Maxiglide... and I don't need/use alot of product.

I know it's not a big name like the FHI or the sedu or something else, but I LOVE my GVP from sally's. Its only $60 and I get salon perfect results everytime. It has ceramic plates. It also has floating plates (if your flat iron doesn't have this your really missing out). It also lets me set the temperature unlike some other professional irons (like the CHI). It has an auto shut off that you can set when you want it to shut off. And a 9 foot swivel cord so it reaches far and the cord doesn't tangle on itself.

My flat iron:

SBS-264665

Flat iron results:
DSCN1924-vi.jpg

KurlyNinja AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! NO! Why must u do this to me!!!! Ok, last night I was having a major debate on whether to get a GVP or Corioliss. I went with this Corioliss classic! I saw that very model on ebay for 39.99. Now I'm feeling like I should send the one I have coming back and get the GVP.

I use cantu shea heat protecting serum if I use just the right amount I dont here the "flat-iron-sizzle" sound

Solia. I just got one and I looove it. I just did a TU and then a wet wrap. I planned to trim, so I had to flat iron. Can you believe I got it straight on the lowest setting! (140 f, iirc) Now, to be fair, my hair is fine and medium density, but I was thoroughly impressed. :yep: I also tested it out on my newgrowth* the week before I got the TU, it got totally straight on 230 f, which is great because I hear hair burns at 370 f (thanks @Kurlee).

If you're looking to get the best value for your money, I'd wait for a good sale. I got the Solia free with purchase at Ulta.

*eta: I straightened the back of my head, the 4c area.

tell me more about the solia
Honey Bee

Back