What’s wrong with me?

Whimsy

Okay,

Sept 05 – chopped off BSL length hair to approx 2 inches to go natural

Oct 06 – texlaxed after a lil over a year natural and dyed to medium brown color

Feb 07 – dyed jet black

Now I’m thinking about transitioning back to natural OR just BCing yet again.

What’s wrong with me? Why can’t I just be satisfied w/ the amount/style/color of hair on my head?

What would you do?

Nothing is wrong with you! Are you just wanting a change or do you miss your natural hair? I think your hair is beautiful by the way:).

Aww, that's my favorite part about us and our hair. It has some crazy flexiblity. I say 'you do you.'
I'm pretty consistent in my mission, but I envy people that aren't. :)

hopeful said:
Nothing is wrong with you! Are you just wanting a change or do you miss your natural hair? I think your hair is beautiful by the way:).

I think just wanting a change...i don't know why I'm bored. Maybe it's something external and I'm taking it out on my hair....

I'm kind of the same.

I'm never satisfied with colour or length.
(But I know I'll be natural for ever now... so am satisfied with texture to an extent. I wish the curls would be more corkscrewy and less wavy though)
I think once I get to BSL unstretched I'll be satisfied with the length but I can't be sure.
At the moment I'm craving a nice cut to give my hair some shape... but am resisting.
I'm happy with a colour for about 2 weeks, then get bored.
Maybe one day I'll find the perfect colour and never change it again....? Probably not.
I do like jet black hair but feel with my current length it just looks plain.

Nothing's wrong with you, I just think some people (like me and you) feel the need to change their hair more often than others. Like how some people like to wear different make up styles and others wear none...
self expression...
or something like that :)

Firstly......... ure hair looks FANTASTIC!!!! So whatever u are doing gal, it is WORKING!!!!

Secondly, i feel you.... i crave change too. I get bored easily, and i start wanting something new. So you are not alone in that. :)

Whimsy said:
I think just wanting a change...i don't know why I'm bored. Maybe it's something external and I'm taking it out on my hair....

In that case I would definitely NOT bc. Maybe get some hair mags and try some new styles. Good luck.

Rainbowcurls ur probably right.

I think I'll try to transition and see how I fare. I can always texlax again if I decide to.

Whimsy, if you wear braids/wigs/weaves, that's another option.

I like braids but had problems when I had them so can't/won't get them again. I assume I'd have the same problem with weaves.

Whimsy said:

What’s wrong with me? Why can’t I just be satisfied w/ the amount/style/color of hair on my head?
[/SIZE]
[/FONT]
[/color]

Because you're living up to your screen name.:look:

I don't have any advice. I just wanted to point that out.

Whimsy said:
Okay,

Oct 06 – texlaxed after a lil over a year natural and dyed to medium brown color

Feb 07 – dyed jet black

What would you do?

I saw your hair album and I would like to say that your hair looks great both ways!:)

Whimsy said:
Okay,

Feb 07 – dyed jet black

What would you do?

Whatever problem you have, I got it too! I just relaxed 11/24 and I think I want to transition :ohwell:

Girl, there is nothing wrong with you. We women just like to change our minds and nobody betta say ish about it!!:lol: Now do you girl:)

Whimsy, I've BCD 6X. If u wanna transition, do it. Each time I learn something new and different about my hair. This site is full of encouraging people who have good advice. We got yr back no matter what u decide to do.:) your hair looks great. Keep up the good work.:D

Thanks for the kind words ladies. I just feel so hair fickle. Whatev. I'll transition for now...till I change my mind that is.

Like everyone has said, there is nothing wrong with you. I always wish I could cut, color, etc. my hair. The most for me is relax, transition, relax, transition, relax, transition, relax, transition....you get the point.

Whimsy said:
Okay,

Feb 07 – dyed jet black

What would you do?

Nothing hun. Sounds like you just like variety. I'm the same way. My mother used to say I changed my hair more than some people changed their underwear :look: And I probably do. I do my switching mostly with wigs and weaves. I like to change my style and color often but don't want to wreak havoc on my hair in the progress. It works for me when I feel like I'm in a rut. It's just hair. Do what makes you happy.

Nothing is wrong with you, you just like variety. And I think that's great because some people never try different things with their hair. I'm in the same boat as you, wanting to change my hair all the time. I think when the time comes, you'll make the decision that's best for you and your hair.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with you. I'm a little confused on your ultimate goal- is it to have long hair, healthy hair, be natural or relaxed ... I think once you have a goal you would be able to determine what you want to do with your hair. If your goal is to have healthy hair - your doing the right things b/c your hair looks faBulous. If your goal is to have natural hair maybe you should bc and whenever thoughts of perming or texlaxing enter your head you could true pressing or getting it blown out...

I hope you get the idea ::)

Whimsy said:
Okay,

Feb 07 – dyed jet black

What would you do?

Girly, do what you want to do. Whatever makes you happy. There's no sense in keeping a style just because and you're not happy with it. I did the same for years. Cut, grow out, dye, cut, dye again. But the main thing is I was happy at the time with my style.
So just do what makes you happy but be careful it's not just a passing phase. Give yourself some time before you make the decision.

determined_to_grow said:
I don't think that there is anything wrong with you. I'm a little confused on your ultimate goal- is it to have long hair, healthy hair, be natural or relaxed ... I think once you have a goal you would be able to determine what you want to do with your hair. If your goal is to have healthy hair - your doing the right things b/c your hair looks faBulous. If your goal is to have natural hair maybe you should bc and whenever thoughts of perming or texlaxing enter your head you could true pressing or getting it blown out...

I hope you get the idea ::)

My goal is just to have healthy hair, i want it strong and not breaking. I guess I've reached the goal and hope to just maintain the health of my hair.

Back