What would you do ?

thatscuteright

You and your husband are a God fearing Christian couple. You attend church on the regular and are active members. Due to life's issues and circumstances your husband of 10 years loses faith in God, becomes depressed and loses interest in the church and its people.
To recuperate he goes on a sabbatical out of the country and comes back a changed man. He is now Muslim and is very happy.
He insists that all his future children must be raised Muslim. You do not have to change your religion, but he wants to raise his children Muslim.
( you do not have any children yet, and have been trying to conceive)
You are still Miss Christian and are still active in the church.

How would you handle this ?

You and your husband are a God fearing Christian couple. You attend church on the regular and are active members. Due to life's issues and circumstances your husband of 10 years loses faith in God, becomes depressed and loses interest in the church and its people.
To recuperate he goes on a sabbatical out of the country and comes back a changed man. He is now Muslim and is very happy.
He insists that all his future children must be raised Muslim. You do not have to change your religion, but he wants to raise his children Muslim.
( you do not have any children yet, and have been trying to conceive)
You are still Miss Christian and are still active in the church.

How would you handle this ?

That's a tough one. I'd have to think long and hard (and pray of course) to find a solution to something like this.

If you're faced with this situation, I hope you do what's best for you.

Just as he insists that the children be raised Muslim, I would also insist that they learn about Jesus Christ. I don't think that his teaching them about Allah would automatically mean that I can't take them to church and have them learn about who my God is.

When they are of age, I'd think that our children would be capable of deciding which spiritual path they want to follow.

If love is very strong compromize and have kids
If not so strong love don't have kids because when u both seprates the kids always suffer.

Very tough decisions wishing you the best.

Due to life's issues and circumstances your husband of 10 years loses faith in God, becomes depressed and loses interest in the church and its people.
To recuperate he goes on a sabbatical out of the country and comes back a changed man. He is now Muslim and is very happy

So, since he is Muslim, has his life issues and circumstances changed? Althought he came back home happy, did he come back to the same problems? I'm somewhat confused...he loses his faith in God, but has changed his faith to Muslim. I don't know too much about Muslim, but don't they worship God too? Hope it wasn't a dumb question, but again, I don't know too much about the Muslim faith.

I would pray about it. If he continued to press that the children were raised muslim I would probably let them be but I think it would be a personal choice. What are the other scenarios?

I would start by praying about it. But, honestly, I would be more p**sed that he would convert without at the very least consulting/factoring me, as his wife, into the equation of all that entails much less he simply makes the assumption that all future children be raised muslim. Converting would not necesarrily be a deal breaker but it would be a game changer and compromise would have to be found all the way around.

My mother's father did this exact same thing (except the children remained Christians)
I guess I would insist the children remain Christians and he could go do whatever he liked with himself, but I would fight til the bitter end for that, I wouldn't back down. If he even tried to convert them, I'd go behind him and recite to them the bible at bedtime and any chance I got lol. My children will be Christians.

Back