What would you do if...

blasianbeauty

Your DH/SO asked if you two can spend VDay the day before so that he can go to a Brian McKnight concert with one of his male friends? :look: This is actually my sister and she has been with her DH for a total of 13 years (married 10) and she got upset because her sister in law told her that she's letting him basically spend VDay with another woman. Also, my sister's friend told her the same thing. I could hear how upset she was that her friend and SIL were telling her that her husband is spending VDay with another woman, so I just listened as she said that she trusts him, and all they ever did for any other VDay was just sit at home like any other day, so it's no biggie if he wants to go to the concert. :wallbash: Well...how would you handle your man if he did that?

just from reading the first sentence I would think he was gay and the chick is a beard.

ok now lemme read this rest...

ETA: I agree with her SIL as well

Wait, just to be clear, he's going to a Brian McNight concert on Valentine's Day with someone other than his wife? With a man, to be exact?

Wait, just to be clear, he's going to a Brian McNight concert on Valentine's Day with someone other than his wife? With a man, to be exact?
:yep: Yep! A man...one of his close friends for about 15 years. My BIL told my sister that his friend and fiance broke up and he didn't want the ticket to go to waste, so he invited BIL. Oh, he won't be coming back til Monday either. :rolleyes: So maybe he's gay? cheating with another woman? Does anyone think that he's being faithful in this situation?

I don't usually take a hard line on things...I'm more of a discuss it and talk it out person, but in this case your sis needs to threaten him within an inch of his life if he takes a long weekend and goes to that concert!

I can't even believe I'm saying this but he's either gay or cheating and if...just if he isn't either one of those...then he's crazy! You don't go to no Brian McKnight concert with no man unless you're playing in Brian's band or you're both cops working security....:nono:

:yep: Yep! A man...one of his close friends for about 15 years. My BIL told my sister that his friend and fiance broke up and he didn't want the ticket to go to waste, so he invited BIL. Oh, he won't be coming back til Monday either. :rolleyes: So maybe he's gay? cheating with another woman? Does anyone think that he's being faithful in this situation?

and isn't coming back until Monday? So this is an out of town trip? Let me sum this up one more time. He's going on an out of town trip, on Valentines Day, with someone other than his wife, with a man in fact, and will come back 2 days later? Okay, I admit to not being the most relationship savvy, but WTH?! :dazed: Even I know something is wrong about that. Okay, his friend broke up with his fiance. I still don't think that the normal straight faithful man's reaction is to spend Valentine's Day with him. Yeah, I'm going to have to go with being unfaithful, either with the other dude himself or using the other dude as a cover for going out of town for a romantic getaway.

thats awkward. maybe he feels like his friend is hurting & cant leave him out in the cold like this?
lol. i knew the responses would be "hes gay".
i don't like hypotheticals, or "what do you think..." because im not in the situation. i would have better idea of whats going on if i was actually involved. i think after 13 years & my dh did that, i would have had some previous hint that he was gay/cheating w/ another woman before that.

what does your sister think? (she may want to look it up on the net to see if there is actually a concert for BM...ya'know, if she's already going the suspicious route...)

...and i don't think guys think vday is that big in the same way as women do (and has it been made to be a big deal in their rlp before?)

thats awkward. maybe he feels like his friend is hurting & cant leave him out in the cold like this?
lol. i knew the responses would be "hes gay".
i don't like hypotheticals, or "what do you think..." because im not in the situation. i would have better idea of whats going on if i was actually involved. i think after 13 years & my dh did that, i would have had some previous hint that he was gay/cheating w/ another woman before that.

what does your sister think? (she may want to look it up on the net to see if there is actually a concert for BM...ya'know, if she's already going the suspicious route...)

...and i don't think guys think vday is that big in the same way as women do (and has it been made to be a big deal in their rlp before?)
Well, my sister is mad at her SIL and friend right now for saying that he'll be cheating with another woman. She says that she trusts him and wants him to have a good time. :rolleyes:

Your sister needs to open her eyes and keep her ears to the ground BB.
He should have bought his wife a ticket to the BM concert...why is he going with one of his "homeboys"??? This sounds too fishy.
I would not rush and agree with her SIL and friend and say that he has another woman yadda yadda....but I would hope that she starts to be vigilant about any signs of cheating.

Hi Blasianbeauty!
So why can't the male friend give his friend and your sister the tickets or sell him the tickets?That is some crap right there.I have never seen two straight dudes at a Brian Mckight concert and I go to see him everytime he is in town.:yep:
Have you known of him to cheat before?

is this a joke? Are you kidding?:perplexed

I'd think:
1. He's an insensitive bastard
2. He's gay
3. He's taking another woman or
4. He's going with the friend and they're meeting dates there

Even if I trusted DH in this situation, I would think at least #1 -- so my answer to him would be NO. He should have thought about taking me to the concert me or he should hook his friend up with someone. No man of mine world be spending any V Day with a "friend.":perplexed

Last edited:
Your DH/SO asked if you two can spend VDay the day before so that he can go to a Brian McKnight concert with one of his male friends? :look: This is actually my sister and she has been with her DH for a total of 13 years (married 10) and she got upset because her sister in law told her that she's letting him basically spend VDay with another woman. Also, my sister's friend told her the same thing. I could hear how upset she was that her friend and SIL were telling her that her husband is spending VDay with another woman, so I just listened as she said that she trusts him, and all they ever did for any other VDay was just sit at home like any other day, so it's no biggie if he wants to go to the concert. :wallbash: Well...how would you handle your man if he did that?

Not trying to be funny Blasianbeauty, but it sounds like you BIL is just not into your sister anymore.

I would tell him to go on ahead. When he got home his stuff would be out on the lawn. The nerve.

I don't usually find a gay man behind every door like some posters...but this one got me thinking something isn't right. What male wants to go to a Brian McKnight concert with another male....period....and especially on V-Day! Your BIL might get an indecent proposal that night!

He should have given his best bud the tickets so he could take his wife. So why is your BIL going with guy anyway....doesn't he know he could lose his "man card."

Last edited:
I don't usually find a gay man behind every door like some posters...but this one got me thinking something isn't right. What male wants to go to a Brian McKnight concert with another male....period....and especially on V-Day! Your BIL might get an indecent proposal that night!

He should have given his best bud the tickets so he could take his wife. So why is your BIL going with guy anyway....doesn't he know he could lose his "man card."

These fools are going to the concert with other wem-men (or meeting them there) :rolleyes:.
Another smokescreen ladies.

Than he should sell the tickets if he does not want them to go to waste. To his friend of course. I bet the setting will be very intimate. Lord if it was me and my friend or DH i'd ask "are you gay" Than point out well hell 2 men at a intimate concert alone.
My Dh can halfway stand my mouth. I try to act like a lady most of the time but other times.

OT this lady hit my car the other day. She was a kid not a lady she was in collage. I was on campus with my kids and that caused me to have a not act like a lady minute. She caught a attitude than did not ask if my kids were ok. Only cause she was pressed about going to take a test and did not want to give me her info. anyway ya i have those none acting lady moments. she did not damage my car her car got more damaged i only wanted her info incase she filed claim.

These fools are going to the concert with other wem-men (or meeting them there) :rolleyes:.
Another smokescreen ladies.

Yeah, I think you're right on this one. The other lady doesn't know he's married and she's challenged him to spend V-Day with her. I mean isn't spending that day with someone proof of no other entanglements!

So why did they have a similar story like this on the radio here?

But me, I'd be pissed. Male, female, whatever...he needs to be spending V-day w/ me.

Yeah uhmm, that sounds so suspect to me. Even cats and dogs spend Valentine's day together. It sounds contrived- he's up to something.

interesting...i think curiosity would get the best of me. i would probably show up at the concert early...incognito of course...red wig or something...sit out just to see who he is going in with. if i saw him with a male or female, i wouldn't react right then. i would let him have a very good time that whole weekend..cuz when it's ova...lemme tell u whata byiiitch like me would do.....

i would be sweet as pie when he came home..." hey baby..how was your weekend...did u have a good time..enjoy yourself at the concert?"...and just like that move THIS CHRISTMAS, I would wait until he goes in the bathroom to take a shower, oil the bathroom floors down, and when he came out...BEAT HIS AZZSS like a runaway slave...get one of those thick long brown belts too....uh huh..sho would:yep:....beat dat azzs right on down to the pink meat.... i wouldn't even tell him why he gettin his azzs whipped..he'll figure it out....

i'm pms'n yall....:ohwell:but das prolly what i would do.

interesting...i think curiosity would get the best of me. i would probably show up at the concert early...incognito of course...red wig or something...sit out just to see who he is going in with. if i saw him with a male or female, i wouldn't react right then. i would let him have a very good time that whole weekend..cuz when it's ova...lemme tell u whata byiiitch like me would do.....

i would be sweet as pie when he came home..." hey baby..how was your weekend...did u have a good time..enjoy yourself at the concert?"...and just like that move THIS CHRISTMAS, I would wait until he goes in the bathroom to take a shower, oil the bathroom floors down, and when he came out...BEAT HIS AZZSS like a runaway slave...get one of those thick long brown belts too....uh huh..sho would:yep:....beat dat azzs right on down to the pink meat.... i wouldn't even tell him why he gettin his azzs whipped..he'll figure it out....

i'm pms'n yall....:ohwell:but das prolly what i would do.

Oh wow... very elaborate plan. :giggle: I think i would just divorce him...

So, OP, any updates?

Brian? McKnight? Wha? Really? with another dude? How old are they? How long they been friends? Brian velvet voce singing softly in the quiet storm make you weak in the knees McKnight?? I try so hard not to judge BUT I can ask quesitons and the more answers I get the less regret I have when I jump to conclusions....I don't know what's worse- Being stood up? Cheated on? Or finding out my man got sugar in his tank? Hmm...I'm just gonna pass and pray this brotha just had a bad reaction to that freshly boiled pot of stew-pid he cooked up in his kitchen.

I was at that concert on valentine's night in Biloxi, MS...

All I saw was a MASS of COUPLES.

I saw maybe 4 dudes in all of the place together. Brain McKnight called out 2 gay dudes who were together saying love is love :lachen:

Wish you would have posted this on Friday or Saturday morning.. coulda sent me a pic of the dude to look for him and I coulda told you the real deal of what went down...

oh yeah.. if you can before you die see Brian McKnight live he puts on a great show

Last edited:
oh yeah. and that concert been sold out for a minute

BIL coulda gotten a grip selling the tickets... so I give a big WHATEV to him not wanting the tickets to go to waste

Yeah, this is some foolishness. :nono: If you can, let us know what happened, OP. I'm generally a pretty trusting person, but this whole scenario set off all kinds of alarms for me.

im personally not a conclusion jumper either

however

his best friend lives out of town and he went to stay with him and go to the Brian Mcknight concert.....?

i can see how valentines day is not that important to some people, so did all of them think it was insignificant....and how long was he broke up with his fiance

im not in her shoes or been knowing him 13 years to have a specific feeling about it but I do tend to pay close attention to the relationships that males have with other males, its not that uncommon for males to be closer than homies

I was at that concert on valentine's night in Biloxi, MS...

All I saw was a MASS of COUPLES.

I saw maybe 4 dudes in all of the place together. Brain McKnight called out 2 gay dudes who were together saying love is love :lachen:

Wish you would have posted this on Friday or Saturday morning.. coulda sent me a pic of the dude to look for him and I coulda told you the real deal of what went down...

oh yeah.. if you can before you die see Brian McKnight live he puts on a great show

Well there you have it. Negro was either part of the gay couple, one of the other couples, or just lied about the concert and was at the one he loves house.

Back