What Would You Do If This Were You

Hmmmm
See Idk. All of my party members couldn’t be everywhere- jobs, children etc. I knew this when I picked them as I’m sure bride knew of her friend.
I’d get my money. Send the dress and keep it moving. Probably wouldn’t go to the wedding. Your wedding is everything to you, not everybody else.

At the bolded... "Exactly" :yep:

I don’t know about this one. I think the email was passive aggressive and should have been handled via polite phone call. I also wasn’t aware of duties a bridesmaid had. I thought the main duties were reserved for the Maid of Honor.

The bride probably should not have asked her friend to be a bridesmaid since she was in school and in such a demanding program. I have a very different opinion than most about weddings. I think people spend way too much time working on wedding plans, but than don’t put an equal effort into the marriage.

I don’t know about this one. I think the email was passive aggressive and should have been handled via polite phone call.

I don't think it was - she repeatedly emphasized how she wanted her at the wedding, considered her a good friend, etc. I think the email was also smart since a transaction was occurring (compensation for the jumpsuit) and it might be necessary if the bridesmaid twisted her words later.

To me, it seems like the bridesmaid was the messy one. I mean, she plastered this all over social media. It seems like a really childish response to having your feelings hurt. I wonder if she started the MBA program or moved after being asked to be a bridesmaid.

I have a very different opinion than most about weddings. I think people spend way too much time working on wedding plans, but than don’t put an equal effort into the marriage.
This … :yep: Too many couples spend too much for the show and after the 'party' is over, they go into their marriage 'broke' or near broke, and spending the first year or two of their marriage paying for the high wedding costs. What is a day compared to a lifetime. I'm all about celebrating this special day, but all of these pre-parties and the expenses that they incur are such a waste of money, making other folks (in the wedding business) rich. The marriage is far more important. Far more.

I don’t know about this one. I think the email was passive aggressive and should have been handled via polite phone call. I also wasn’t aware of duties a bridesmaid had. I thought the main duties were reserved for the Maid of Honor.

The bride probably should not have asked her friend to be a bridesmaid since she was in school and in such a demanding program. I have a very different opinion than most about weddings. I think people spend way too much time working on wedding plans, but than don’t put an equal effort into the marriage.

Again, the fired bridesmaid is making it all about her. Just send the jumpsuit and collect your funds.

This bride is out of her gotdamn mind. I hate when I see women acting a fool over a damn party, I mean risking a friendship. It's obvious that the friend cared enough to rearrange her school schedule to that she could be there for the wedding. I would immediately end this friendship.

This is why I say no way when people I barely know ask me to be in their wedding. Not saying that was the case here.

It's messy and brides can be off the hook with their drama.
Frankly, I get asked alot by not so close friends because I fit their idea of what their wedding party should look like. I refuse to be used. Later they have actually told me that was one reason they asked me.

In the future, if someone really close gets married, I'll be there. But not for the wrong reasons. Only for real friendship and the desire to see them do well in their marriage.

I chose my bridesmaids based on how close we were. One of my BMs couldn't participate in any pre-wedding stuff including the rehearsal. I knew that going in and told her not to worry about it.

If the bride knew beforehand that the BM had other obligations, she shouldn't have asked her to be in the wedding.

I also refuse to be a BM in anybody's wedding except a close, close friend or family member.

Back