What would LHCF do?

MrsMe

I rarely start threads but this one is out of my league. One of my dear friends has been crying to me for months because of her love triangle.
She's torn between two men (meanwhile some people can't get ONE :look:). She's 29 going on 30, educated, independent, smart and beautiful.
Man A: proposed 6 month ago after 5 years. She says he's sweet, respectful, romantic, family man, hard worker, a gifted "colorer" :look: and always Putting her first. What's the catch? He's a liar, cheated on her (which she found out later), is not responsible financially but is working on it and got better. No kids. What bothers her the most is the fact that he has been "trying" to get a degree but has yet to complete it. Money prevented him from completing his degree so he got a 2nd job (which means he barely has time off) to get rid of some bills and get back on his feet...it's been 2 years since he left school. He has little to no ambition and complains about the fact that she doesnt give him enough praise for working two jobs despite his lack of education. Oh, and he's 37. She says she loves the way he loves her and loves him but is not in love anymore. He says he's ok with her not being in love as long as she loves him.

Man B: been friends with him for 6 years. He professed his love to her years ago but accepted the fact that she was In a serious relationship and never made a move out of place. She says she fell in love and couldn't shake the feelings. She told him two months ago how she felt and they kissed :whyme: but they've been trying to maintain the friendship despite their deeper connection. He's also sweet, respectful, has strong family values, is a hard worker and has no kids. He has a degree, is free of financial obligations because he got a full scholarship, is ambitious, about to buy a house and is determined to get a career before the age of 30. What's the catch with this one? Even though she knows more about him than his closest friends and family, she's never been in a relationship with him and her biggest problem is that he's 3 years younger than her...the boy lacks experience.

Both men are attractive, are well-mannered, have a sense of style (although very different), and want to see her happy no matter the outcome. She told her fiancé about her feelings for the other man and what happened and he was hurt but still wanted to work things out. (I wouldn't have said anything if I were here :ohwell:) the girl is MISERABLE, though. Every time I see them together she smiles but has that sadness in her eyes. :nono: Old girl doesn't want to make a move!!

So...what would you do?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF...if only it would stop correcting what I write.

This is my answer, not speaking for everyone else. Whatever she does, she needs to drop Man A. She has way too many issues/excuses as too why she should not marry him. Then she should take some time to herself to see if she really want to be with Man B. Personally, I'd give man B a shot.

Keen said:
This is my answer, not speaking for everyone else. Whatever she does, she needs to drop Man A. She has way too many issues/excuses as too why she should not marry him. Then she should take some time to herself to see if she really want to be with Man B. Personally, I'd give man B a shot.

That's how I feel too, but she's so afraid of letting go after investing so much in him emotionally speaking. :nono: I told her whatever she does, she should take some time to take care of herself and build herself up before she ventures into any new relationship or before making such an important commitment.

That's how I feel too, but she's so afraid of letting go after investing so much in him emotionally speaking. :nono: I told her whatever she does, she should take some time to take care of herself and build herself up before she ventures into any new relationship or before making such an important commitment.

So she is willing to be unhappy for the foreseeable future just to hold on to 5 years that already happened. Ask her how would she feel if she marries her Man A and he never changes.

Keen said:
So she is willing to be unhappy for the foreseeable future just to hold on to 5 years that already happened. Ask her how would she feel if she marries her Man A and he never changes.

I did ask her. Divorce isn't an option for her... So basically she would just tough it out. She knows what to do, she's just not ready for it.
She's also afraid of having to start from scratch with somebody else and failing because Man A "spoiled" her. I'm trying to be patient with her but it gets irritating. She's worth so much more but can't see it because of her age and is afraid of being judged or alone.

Man A cheated on her. She should choose man B...or ANYBODY else.:look:

I don't care what good qualities man A has. Once he became a cheater, he should be out of the running.

But, I guess cheating ain't a dealbreaker for everybody.:nono:

Man A cheated on her. She should choose man B...or ANYBODY else.:look:

I don't care what good qualities man A has. Once he became a cheater, he should be out of the running.

But, I guess cheating ain't a dealbreaker for everybody.:nono:

The whole situation is a mess. :nono: That girl is one of the sweetest people I've ever known and she deserves to be loved,not settle for this. Unfortunately, other women in our circle make it sound like a man cheating is inevitable and that she should get over it because she found out about it later. :nono: He is a nice man but I keep telling her that her AND his life will forever be miserable. She's getting bitter and more resentful each day.
Why do we, as women, do that to ourselves?

Sent from my PG86100 using LHCF

Why would anyone knowingly go into a relationship with a liar (man A)?

To be honest, your friend may be better off taking some time off and be alone for a while. She could use this time to determine what is important to her in relationship and what are the qualities she wants in a future spouse.

Both men are liabilities and imma tell u why.

*lights up a newport short cuz dis won't take long*

She told man A....we'll call him da maintenance man cuz his sex game is on point. She already told da maintenance man that she fell in love with someone else. Wrong move. If she marries him, he will make her life a living hell, because deep down inside, his pride is hurt. He wont show it now, but believe u me, if they marry, he will throw it up in her face as an excuse to keep cheating. Men, like dogs, dont forget. Remember, anything u say can and will be used against you. That saying holds true for life situations.

*lights up a one hunnit dis time cuz dem shorts burn to quick*

the second one is easy. Lets call him.....uh....lemme see.... Lets call him caint git right cuz he caint git right in da bed. Dats da best I can do cuz I've been sippin. But anywho, he may look good in person and on paper, but lets face it. Who wanna man dat cant screw? I mean fa real! Now if his head game was tight, den MAYBE u can work wif a brotha, but if he aint doin dat, ole girl wastin her time. Who da hell wanna lay down at night wif a man who cant screw? G'hed....I'll wait.

But seriously tho, on da real, one thing that the maintenance man can not compete with is matters of the heart. Someone else has her heart while all da maintenance man has is her puddi. Dats it in a nutshell. To me, she aint really emotionally invested, her puddi is. Da maintenance ma. Pressin her out for marriage cuz its something in it for him since she got her stuff together cuz trust, once she says i do to him, its a wrap and all hell and everything in it is going to bust open. He will soon resent her because she is established and he is not where he wants to be.

Mista caint git right? She wont be happy wif him cuz he aint layin down da pipe right, therefore she will just be settling.

Every woman should have options and she has them. I wouldn't make any hasty decisions now. Hell, it aint like she gotta hurry up n get married or she'll miss out on an inheritance.

Date them both til sumfin betta comes along lololol!

Play on playa!

*puts out newport and pours me some mo grand marnier*

TrueToHair said:
The bolded is all a problem. If he is a liar and cheater, then he is not "always putting her first." I guess that's when he's not lying and cheating. She might like him as a person, but if she was sure about marriage I don't think it will have taken her this long. He is also approaching 40 which (in my opinion) many men are set in their ways. I also don't buy the idea that he's okay that she's not in love with him. Let someone else come along who is and he starts to feel the difference. He has already shown himself to be a cheater, so she's setting herself up to struggle with him.

The bolded are excellent traits. If she fell in love with him like she said, then what is the problem?! Anyway since she is kind of acting like these are the only two options in the world, then she should go with him. His lack of experience can also be viewed as a positive trait - he doesn't have all that baggage. What "experience" is she looking for? A player who is smooth but now ready to settle down? Maybe deep down she knows that she's not all the way attracted to him, but doesn't want to let a good one get away. Wanting to have her cake (i.e. telling him she is in love and kissing him) but eat it too (telling him "let's just be friends"). She really should make up her mind because it isn't fair to drag him along.

The funny thing is that she had the nerve to get upset when Man B told her it was emotionally draining for him to stand by while she slept by Man A's side every night and he wanted to stop talking for a while. :huh: She needs to make up her mind and let those men be happy with or without her.
I told her it was unfair to all the parties involved but she's a grown woman. Ultimately it's up to her to make the final decision.

Man A was dropped when I saw "liar", "cheater", "lack of ambition", and "financially irresponsible".

Those are BIG dealbreakers.

ThatJerseyGirl I love your posts. :rofl: I'm trying to get her to join the board and see for herself but she thinks I'm nuts. You always know how to break it down and keep it real! :lol:

Ole girl told me they only kissed and she couldn't go further because she felt guilty already. I don't think she's lying about but she said Man B is well-endowed based on bulges she's seen. :look:

Zuleika said:
How is he respectful when he did the bolded? :perplexed

:ohwell: I'm still wondering...

I don't know why women do this to themselves when it comes to holding on a bad investment :perplexed. You wouldn't hold on to worthless stocks so why bother holding on to a worthless man who has emotionally drained you? Nothing ages you faster :nono:.

I'd go with C.... NONE OF THE ABOVE! She needs to choose herself, clear her head, and start over. If she loved herself enough, she would have quickly and easily made her choices by now.

ThatJerseyGirl said:
MrsS -- thank you. So when u said he lacks experience, does she mean in terms of life or sex?

ThatJerseyGirl Being younger is what makes her say he lacks life experience, but based on their conversation he has sexual experience. At this point i think she needs to step back and forget about men for a while.

Liar cheater not a good sign to me...

Whatever choice she makes,she will have to live with it..

Maybe she be alone for a while,to understand the type of man she really wants,because of the type of person she is...I wish her well..

*Been in similar situation,I left both alone & focused on myself,by myself..

I don't see anything cute about Man A, so if I had to choose between the two I would say B. But what I'm not understanding is why she's acting like these are the last two men in the world. You mentioned that she'll be 30 and that she doesn't want to have to explain being alone. Chile. Shake her back into reality. She needs to get rid of Man A completely so that there can be room for somebody decent to come into her life that much sooner, and I don't know what to do about B.

I rarely start threads but this one is out of my league. One of my dear friends has been crying to me for months because of her love triangle.
She's torn between two men (meanwhile some people can't get ONE :look:). She's 29 going on 30, educated, independent, smart and beautiful.
Man A: proposed 6 month ago after 5 years. She says he's sweet, respectful, romantic, family man, hard worker, a gifted "colorer" :look: and always Putting her first. What's the catch? He's a liar, cheated on her (which she found out later)
so he's a liar & cheater and he's respectful & puts her 1st... something is not adding up:nono:

Jas123 said:
so he's a liar & cheater and he's respectful & puts her 1st... something is not adding up:nono:

:lol: That's how she describes him... :shrug: I'm getting tired of trying to make her see the light. :whyme:
I wish she could forget about her age and take a leap of faith.

I don't know why women do this to themselves when it comes to holding on a bad investment :perplexed. You wouldn't hold on to worthless stocks so why bother holding on to a worthless man who has emotionally drained you? Nothing ages you faster :nono:.

I'd go with C.... NONE OF THE ABOVE! She needs to choose herself, clear her head, and start over. If she loved herself enough, she would have quickly and easily made her choices by now.

Exactly!

People are not like money. Drop them both and choose yourself.

Back