What vitamins are you taking?

justnotsure

I am wondering what vitamins are you guys taking. I just started on a basic women's one a day vitamins. Have you noticed a difference? Tell me your story and post some pictures!!

I take:

Futurebiotics hair skin and nails-3
Grapeseed extract-2 (200mg)
alpha lopic acid-1 (100mg)
coq-10-1 (50mg)
multivit-2
msm-2 (2000mg)

I know, I know. I take alot of pills, but I like the results that I get and it is worth it. My hair is healthy and longer. I have been taking my vits faithfully for about 2 yrs now except the cq-10 and alpha. i have been taking those for about 6 months.

I take:
Futurbiotics Hair, Skin and Nails
B-Complex
Vitamin C
Calcium
Omega 3-6-9

I've been taking the last 4 forever. I was taking a regular multi before switching it out two months ago for the Futurbiotics...so far I like this vitamin.

I just started taking vitamins again, so I haven't noticed much of a difference yet, but I'm taking:

Now Daily Multivitamin
Biosil 10 drops a day
Puritan's Pride B-5 (Pantothenic Acid) 500mg x2
Puritan's Pride Flaxseed oil 1000mg x2
Now brand B-2 (Riboflavin) 100mg x1

My daily intake is:

B-5
B-Complex
Horsetail Silica
Flaxseed oil
MSM
and just recently added.....Kelp

I had to stop taking my One-A-Day Women's Weight Smart because the caffeine in it clashed with the Kelp and I need the Kelp to regulate my thyroid, so for the time being I'm just going to take my current vitamin regimen and if I feel like I need to take an additional multi-vitamin later then I'll add it.

FavorC.....what are the hair benefits of alpha lopic acid and coq-10-1? :confused:

True Essentials Women's Vitamins which include:
  • Fiber
  • Hair Skin and Nail Formula
  • Multi-vitamin
  • Essential Oils
Simplicity4973015-vi.jpg

September 12, 07

Update10307008-vi.jpg

October 3, 2007

I attribute this growth to my vitamins and the Boundless Tresses I use 3x a week.

I take just a good quality recommended by a natural nutritionist. I minored in nutrition and learned that by taking too many different vitamins or an upped dose of one in particular can do more harm than good. Most of the water soluable vitamins just wash out of our system while the lipid soluable can be hazardous if taken together in too many forms. Some can have weird interactions as well. I stick to the one and anything extra comes from my diet. I have seen good results this way.

I take just a good quality recommended by a natural nutritionist. I minored in nutrition and learned that by taking too many different vitamins or an upped dose of one in particular can do more harm than good. Most of the water soluable vitamins just wash out of our system while the lipid soluable can be hazardous if taken together in too many forms. Some can have weird interactions as well. I stick to the one and anything extra comes from my diet. I have seen good results this way.

^^ This is why I prefer to take something that has combinations put together by people who know what they're doing.

I take USANA Essentials and Whole Foods' Flaxseed oil

^^ This is why I prefer to take something that has combinations put together by people who know what they're doing.

I take USANA Essentials and Whole Foods' Flaxseed oil

That's the best way to go! If I ever have questions about a combination I ask a nutritionist to make sure. I know a good deal about vitamins, but not enough to formulate my own mix..just yet!

Hi. I don't have any pics yet but I'm working on it. I have noticed a lot of thickness and new growth from taking supplements in August and September. I take Nature Made Multi For Her with Iron and Calcium, Ultra Nourishair and Fish Oil pills. I've been taking fish oil for about two years and love it, I think it works well for overall health. Sometimes I'll do a protein shake and add this green powder called Magma Plus too.

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
I take a whole food supplement: Juice Plus, and I plan to start taking these:

Hair and Skin w/ MSM & Glucosamine Nature's Way - 100 Caps

Nature's Way Hair and Skin with MSM and Glucosamine combines MSM, glucosamine and more to bring you the best combination for Hair and Skin health. Hair and Skin with MSM and Glucosamine has concentrated enzymes that help with the proper break down of food allowing delivery of sufficient nutrients to the extremities
• Provides nutrients for healthy, skin & nails.
• MSM ( Methyl Sulfonyl Methane), a sulphur source that provides necessary for the building process of proteins in hair and skin.
• Glucosamine, aids in collagen & connective tissue formation.
• Biotin, essential ingredient for formation of hair, skin and nails.
• Herbal blend, a supportive blend of Nettle, Kelp, Horsetail, and Oatstraw which supply silica. Traditionally used to support connective tissue.

It's $8.11 at naturesway.com

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

I've been taking off and on..

Nioxin(going on about 3 months)
prenatal vitamin
GNC Womens Health vitamin
biotin
flaxseed oil

The last 3 i just added back and im just getting back into taking my vitamins again. Something is making my nails grow and strong.

I take *drumroll please*

1-2 tablespoons of lemonade flavored flaxseed oil
2 Kal Enhanced Energy Multi-vitamins
1-2 country life total min multi-minerals(I will change brands once I finish these though)
2 andrew lessman hair, skin, and nails
1 puritans pride 5mg biotin (used to take two but the andrew lessman stuff has some in it)
2 solary bamboo for silica
2 500mg borage oil
1 50mg b-complex(taken at night with biotin with a cup of tea)
500mg grapeseed extract

I take *drumroll please*

1-2 tablespoons of lemonade flavored flaxseed oil
2 Kal Enhanced Energy Multi-vitamins
1-2 country life total min multi-minerals(I will change brands once I finish these though)
2 andrew lessman hair, skin, and nails
1 puritans pride 5mg biotin (used to take two but the andrew lessman stuff has some in it)
2 solary bamboo for silica
2 500mg borage oil
1 50mg b-complex(taken at night with biotin with a cup of tea)
500mg grapeseed extract

wow...drumroll is right!!!:lachen:
i take:
msm
hair, nails and skin
multi vitamin
flax seed oil pill
b-complex
vitamin c
chewable calcium
iron

oh...maybe i needed a drumroll too!!!! i may pump the breaks on my pill popping. i'm just tired of taking them!:wallbash:

1. Women's multivitamin
2. Calcium w/vitamin D

I also take the following each day.

1. Flax Seed Oil
2. Psyilium husk
3. Acidophilus

Thanks for all the replies...I'm currently taking Women's one a day, biotin and fish oil. It hasn't even been 1 whole week, but I'll let you know how it goes!

I am taking:

Andrew Lessman's Hair, Skin and Nails - only for a month so far, I see no difference in anything yet.

Vitamin E - Taking it for about 6 weeks, started taking it for my brittle nails and it's suppose to be a good antioxidant. May not repurchase after this bottle is done.

Womens Multi - Just for good health

Right now I'm taking
Biotin
Flaxseed Oil
Fish Oil
B-Complex
Centrum Complete (i think)
MSM
Vitamin C

Im getting good growth but that could also be due to the mixture of DooGro,BT, WGO, and MN that I use daily and cowashes. Who knows but all together it's working beautifully!!!:grin:

Back