What type of towel do you use to dry your hair?

What type of towel do you use to dry your hair?

• Regular bath towel

Votes: 76 47.8%
  • Special microfiber hair towel

Votes: 43 27.0%
  • T-shirt

Votes: 17 10.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 23 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I twist my hair to get the excess water out. Then I put a bath towel on my shoulders to catch the extra drip.
But is a t-shirt less damaging to the hair than a towel?

I have a couple of those turban twist towels, but my hair is too long for them now, which is too bad because they are convenient.

OK ... I will be sooooooo glad when this happens to me. :grin: As for now, I use one of those Scunchi Microfiber Hair Turbans. They really are convenient.

Other....I read about eight months ago drying your hair using silk fabric, so I ordered a yard of it from some online fabric shop and it has just been sitting on my shelf. I cut it into two "towels" last week and started using it to dry my hair and it does make my hair feel smoother. I have been trying to find the information online again to no avail. I think it said that the silk fibers will get into your hair and fill in some of the damaged areas, but don't quote me on that. However, when I was using a regular towel, I would just put the towel on my shoulder and let my hair drip on the towel. With the silk fabric, I just squeeze my hair once and lightly rub it over my hair two or three times.

Last edited:
A regular towel - I put it over my head and press the towel against my hair firmly - no rubbing, twisting or wringing.....

I didn't vote because I've used regular towels, those microfiber towels, t-shirts, papertowels, whatever I have handy LOL I do want to say for the record that those microfiber towels are grossly over rated. I think they're actually worse than the normal bath towels. I would be good if they make a normal towel that wrapped around and buttoned in the front. They're good in theory and how they fit, but bad in absorbancy. Normal bath towels are the best for drying hair.

I try not to get to over the top with special hair stuff. I don't think the type of towel makes a difference as long as you aren't rough or anything. I just lay it over my head and wrap it around but not turban (sp) style. put around the hair while its laying. no rubbing or squeezing.

I have tried so many different towels in the past and the only one that helps me with my hair is the microfiber.

My hair naturally holds water and heat and the microfiber has helped the most is getting most of the water removed when I wash my hair. They work just as well when I put in twist or braid extensions also and there is no need to rub the hair or extensions making the hair frizzy.

I have gotten my towels either by gift or on sale they are used exclusively for my hair. I love them.

For those of you who use a special hair towel, do you notice any difference than using a regular towel, like less breakage, easier time detangling, etc?

I would like to get one, but not if it's not going to make a difference in my hair.

The microfiber didnt help me with detangling or less breakage, it just soaks up the moisture really quick.

If i have tangles in my hair, the microfiber towel seems to make it worse because it sucks up all of the moisture, plus the moisturizing/dentaling products that i've on

I use a Scunci microfiber towel.

Ditto! I can't do without these towels...I have a couple. They are very gentle on my hair and suck the water right out. I can vary the drying of my hair by how long I leave the towel on. Love it!

I use a bath towel right now- but I am getting another microfiber towel eventually. My bath towel leaves lint in my hair which is annoying. And I accidently ruined by microfiber towel by putting it in my washer and dryer. It was an aquis brand. Does anybody know how are you supposed to clean them?

I have an Aquis Microfiber turban. I don't use it when I do rollersets because it does dry the hair really fast, but I love it when I'm wearing a wash and go. I also have less frizzies when I use it. My hair dries almost completely in 10-15 mins.

cutenappygirl...I clean my towel in the washing machine. I just make sure not to use fabric softener and I air dry it.

I don't use a towel at all to dry my hair, so I didn't vote. At the end of my wash I twist my hair which takes out a lot of the excess water.

90% of the time, I squeeze out the water and drip dry. The other 10% I just wrap a regular bath towel around my hair to absorb the water, but I never, dry it.

I use the Turbie Twist hair towel. I got it from Sally's for $4.99. It's very absorbent and easier to walk around with instead of a regular towel.

I don't use a towel either- just squeeze out the excess water and apply my leave ins.

Interesting post. I have only been doing my own hair for a few weeks and I have yet to use a towel. I just press my hands along the top of my head to the bottom to get out the excess water and get out of the shower to roller set. My hair has to be pretty wet to roller set or else it won't stick well to the magnetic rollers.

Well for me being that I have a TWA, I didn't vote, because I don't use anything to dry my hair. I let it air dry on it's own to soak up the water. I read that water is a hair's best friend, thus moisture, moisture, moisture! But in the past I have used a bath towel but only put it on my shoulders to catch the water dripping from my hair before I wrapped it or rollerset it.

I've used a towel to catch the drippies before. I hate when cold water runs down my face or my back.....ewwww.

If I want to dry it I'll use a paper towel. Today I used an "linen like" apron to dry my hair. And it worked!!:lachen:

I don't use a towel to dry my hair. I just wrap my hair in a towel so that I don't get water all over the floor (no agitating what so ever), I lotion up and throw something on (less than 5 minutes) then I proceed to apply product and double-strand twist my hair while my hair is still soaking wet.

I use a regular bath towel most of the time. But, I also have a microfiber towel that I got from Amazon awhile back, but I haven't used it yet. I also use my turbie twist when I want my hair to partially dry without using the rubbing action from a regular towel.

Actually I use my son's old sweatshirts. They are thack and smooth and the arms wrap beautifully and securily around my big head.

I DO NOT TOWEL DRY.
The only time I use a towel is over a plastic cap...
so it never touches my hair but it's those turban thingies
works well for steam towel wraps.

Back