What type of rollers do you use

for a rollerset? I'm going to get my hair relaxed soon and I want to set my hair on the correct type of rollers.
trampoline.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Can these rollers be purchased at Sally's?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've seen them at the Sally Beauty Supply in my area.

I always like the mesh rollers because my hair seemed to dry faster. I hated sitting under the dryer. But my roller sets were usually sad looking because I couldn't secure the rollers tightly to my head...

Can someone tell me, why are they called "magnetic" rollers? And does anyone recommend velcro rollers? Can they stay onto the hair without clips? And do they snag hair?

Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I use smooth magnetic rollers...
265400.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, and you can experiment with the sizes. The ones with the snap on covers are easier to work with, and if you get the medium sized ones you'll end up with a head full of pretty spirally curls!! They do leave those lines in your hair, but if you're wearing it really curly, it doesn't matter at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone tell me, why are they called "magnetic" rollers? And does anyone recommend velcro rollers? Can they stay onto the hair without clips? And do they snag hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure why they're called magnetic rollers, but someone else probably knows. As for the velcro rollers, I often use the velcro rollers made especilally for black hair that you can buy from Sally's. They work really well, and yes they can stay in your hair without pins or clips. They don't necessarily snag the hair, but I've heard that long term use of them can cause breakage or thinning, so right now I'm looking for an alternative to using them, preferably something that won't leave those hair dents.
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone tell me, why are they called "magnetic" rollers? And does anyone recommend velcro rollers? Can they stay onto the hair without clips? And do they snag
hair?
Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

No they don't snag. I was told once that they are called magnetic because when your hair is 'soaked'(really wet), the ends 'cling' to the roller as you roll...which I find is true...that's how I used to be able to tell my hair was drying out as I rolled it(you end up with frizzy ends if they are not wet). Since I don't towel dry anymore, I don't have a problem with my hair drying out before I get it all rolled up.

I was told the same thing... magnetics were termed that due to wet hairs "clinging" to them.

I use magnetics for roller sets.

I use sponge rollers for lil cutesy styles.

Back