What type of hair.....Suggestions Please

Sexyred

Hi Ladies, I am going to try to do my own twist later on this month since I now know how to attach hair to my own hair. My question is for those who do your own twist what type/brand of hair do you use? I am interested in doing either the kinky twist or the senagalese twist. Please let me know which style you did and what type/brand of hair you used. TIA

Thanks bmoreflyy......where do you buy the Marley brand at the BSS or online? and also which style do you use it for kinky twist or senegalese twist.....

.........Bump for more responses.. I know there are quite a few ladies who do their own twist on this board
......bump.....bump

Thanks bmoreflyy......where do you buy the Marley brand at the BSS or online? and also which style do you use it for kinky twist or senegalese twist.....

.........Bump for more responses.. I know there are quite a few ladies who do their own twist on this board
......bump.....bump

I bought it at the BSS. You can also use Hand Braid or Puffy Screw. If you go to the BSS and tell them you need hair for Kinky Twists they should be able to point you in the right direction. Regular Kanekalon Synthetic hair is used for Senegalese Twists though. The kind that comes in the big packs and is usually 3 packs for $5.

I bought it at the BSS. You can also use Hand Braid or Puffy Screw. If you go to the BSS and tell them you need hair for Kinky Twists they should be able to point you in the right direction. Regular Kanekalon Synthetic hair is used for Senegalese Twists though. The kind that comes in the big packs and is usually 3 packs for $5.

a little off topic... but i couldn't believe the price....
3 packs for $5?????........in canada the cheapest you can get is 2.99 for 1 pack, plus 15% tax on top of that....and they are reducing how much you get in a pack... to get jumbo you have to buy 2 packs... dang!!!

a little off topic... but i couldn't believe the price....
3 packs for $5?????........in canada the cheapest you can get is 2.99 for 1 pack, plus 15% tax on top of that....and they are reducing how much you get in a pack... to get jumbo you have to buy 2 packs... dang!!!

Yeah that's how much it is here for the Kanekalon. The regular synthetic I think is 4 packs for $5 but I wouldn't use that mess. It will tear your hair up.

For those who use the Marley brand hair for their twist do you have to burn the ends after the twist is done? or how do you keep it from unraveling? tia

Back