What tools are needed for SILKIESS blow dry hair?

soslychic

I don't plan on blow drying often, so when I do, I want MAXIMUM results. Silkey, smooth, soft, and bouncy. What product delivers and also what tools (brushes, combs, round brushes, ........) are needed for the smooth shiny hair?

hi
wave.gif

first, use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner (make sure you deep-condition w/heat for 20-30 minutes.) use a leave-in conditioner which you can mix with a couple of drops of oil or a good foam (ex-kerakare, silk 2, design essentials). part your hair in small sections (2x4) and use hand held blowdryer w/a comb attachment (small teeth) and have a spray bottle to keep hair damp. after drying (not bone dry) use a serum like (silk essentials) and then you can use a large curling iron (1") or a flat-iron to further smooth your hair. last, wrap your hair AND tie it up w/a SILK scarf. an alternative to this method is a rollerset(use the same method to prepare your hair as if you were getting ready to blow dry it)when your set is dry apply a serum and blow dry your hair smooth.you can also wrap if you chose to (please don't think i've lost my whole entire mind for suggesting this but when you take your rollerset down you can wrap your hair and then (here goes) put saran wrap around the wrap and sit under a warm dryer for 5-10 minutes) you will be amazed...i know that i was...my hair was like
shocked.gif
i was hooked after my hairdresser did this method....yep, she's the
crazy.gif
one. i hope this helped.....cheerio !!!

Re: What tools are needed for SILKIESS blow dry ha

LadyLibra,

My hair stylist also uses the Saran Wrap. Nah, we don't think you've lost it
laugh.gif

thanks supergirl!
i was preparing myself to be lonely out in the lhcf cyber-community...all my neighbors would say i have the heebie-jeebies!!!

when my beautician first did this i raised cain b/c i thought i was going to sweat my hair out and the saran wrap would melt into my hair....geesh
perplexed.gif

but the real funny thing is that i like the method and concept but i don't know how it works...
huh.gif
but........i sure do like it!

thanks ladylibra 30. so how many passes over each section does it take to dry your hair and do you part it from ear to ear in sections like that? also what is your reason for not drying it all the way in the beginning. sorry for all the questions. i appreciate your response! that celophane method sounds interesting. supergirl, what have been your results with that? you mentioned your styist does the same thing.

Sosly,

I only go to her for re-touches, but when she uses the Saran wrap it's after she roller-sets, combs out, then wraps my hair. It was a nice, bouncy, shiny look at the end result.

Saran wrap, huh?
scratchchin.gif
... Ok, I'll be experimenting with this when I return to roller sets (minus the blow dryer step however
ohwell.gif
... unless it's an ionic one
smile.gif
)

hhmmm, now I thinking
scratchchin.gif
... I bet the saran wrap would work beautifully for over night hot oil & conditioning treatments... instead of the plastic cap that always comes off
scratchchin.gif

The Saran Wrap sounds like it works great. I'd love to give it a try. I can only imagine trying to put the Saran Wrap around my own head/hair (not easy). If I asked someone other than an experienced LHCF member, they'd probably think I were
nuts.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Saran wrap, huh?
scratchchin.gif
... Ok, I'll be experimenting with this when I return to roller sets (minus the blow dryer step however
ohwell.gif
smile.gif
)

hhmmm, now I thinking
scratchchin.gif
... I bet the saran wrap would work beautifully for over night hot oil & conditioning treatments... instead of the plastic cap that always comes off
scratchchin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna try this also...but Peachtree don't do it overnight. I tried with a plastic cap one time and I sweated under the plastic and my hair was frizzed the next morning(too much moisture)...think jerri culs and how the moisture from wearing the plastic cap made the curls moist...
but it sounds great using it under the hair dryer. I'm may try this tonight to 'freshen' my flat iron. Then I'll remove the saran wrap and wear a silk scarf overnight...
think.gif

hi soslychic:
sweetie, to be honest w/you i don't actually know "how many strokes w/the dryer that i take on each section" i just blow dry the section until it's about 95% dry using medium heat(when you are through blow-drying switch to cool setting to seal hair) by the time i get to the front/crown the back has air dried. yes, i part from ear to ear and start from the back...it's very important to use a serum, dry (small) sections at a time because this method gives you the sleekness, shine, smoothness, and bounce that you want to achieve. hth!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Saran wrap, huh?
scratchchin.gif
ohwell.gif
smile.gif
)

hhmmm, now I thinking
scratchchin.gif
scratchchin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna try this also...but Peachtree don't do it overnight. I tried with a plastic cap one time and I sweated under the plastic and my hair was frizzed the next morning(too much moisture)...think jerri culs and how the moisture from wearing the plastic cap made the curls moist...
but it sounds great using it under the hair dryer. I'm may try this tonight to 'freshen' my flat iron. Then I'll remove the saran wrap and wear a silk scarf overnight...
think.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay I tried this last night, I applied some wildgrowth oil to the ends., wrapped my hair and secured it with one of those triangular hairnets..then did the saran wrap(I put a plastic cap over this because it felt like it was going to slip off) I sat under the dryer for 15 minutes. Removed the plastic cap and saran wrap. Let the hair net on my hair for another 15 minutes and ......
yes it works well. My flat ironed hair looked fresh and it smoothed down the slight frizzies I had on the ends from the humidity...(I was doing the 'toss' with my hair...like in the Herbal Essence's commercials!...
trampoline.gif
)

The saran wrap thing sounds interesting! Gonna hair to give it a try in the future!

[ QUOTE ]
the real funny thing is that i like the method and concept but i don't know how it works...
huh.gif
but........i sure do like it!

[/ QUOTE ]

think.gif
I was wondering, could the saran wrap be helping to intensify the heat by utilizing the body's heat along with heat from the dryer to more effectively cause the products to get deeper into the cuticle of the hair? I know at some of the spas there are some body treatments that use a wrapping method to help the treatments to penetrate the skin more effectively, which is making wonder...hum-m-m
brainy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gonna hair to give it a try in the future!

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL!!
trampoline.gif

I can back:
1. A gentle shampoo (I like Jason Naturals Jojoba)
2. A deep conditioning (w/ Saran Wrap is a good thing)for 30 min. using a good conditioner - if it's avocado based it's even better

3. A sphritz of leave-in(some are raving about Lacio Lacio and I can't wait to find out what it's all about) or I like smoothing Biosilk serum (or Keracare silken seal as someone else on this thread mentioned)on wet hair before roller setting.

4. A smooth roller set on magnetic rollers

5. Once your hair is dry, section hair in 1-inch horizontal strips working back to front and then sides to blowdry hair using Denman straightening brush D79 and a Solano hair dryer. Usually I don't need to use my flat iron after I've done this.

Then if you want you can finish w/ a ceramic flat iron and I'm telling you, your hair will have the silky bounce you want

Adding this one to favorites, this is a great topic

Although I do not blowdry (two-year heat challange) I will one day and this is such great information
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
LadyLibra,

My hair stylist also uses the Saran Wrap. Nah, we don't think you've lost it
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had the Saran Wrap treatment, performed by my JC Penney stylist. I really liked the results!

northernbelle

Back