What to do...What to do...

Blckbeautie

What to do...What to do (PICS included)

This is the scenario:

I bought some 22-inch Indian Virgin hair from an online vendor and the hair is gorgeous! I got it installed today and it came out beautiful.:drunk:

Sooo..here is the problem. It was a natural black color, so I died my hair black to match. Also, the hair is somewhat silky and my hair is 4a natural, so I had some reservations about this. BUT when I broke out my mini IQ flat iron, my hair matches the Indian hair PERFECTLY! :grin:

My concern is that I don't want to regularly flat iron the front of my hair for blending purposes, so I was considering relaxing just that small part. What is your take on this?

ETA: Pictures!

041510105024.jpg

041510104143.jpg

041510104129.jpg

Last edited:
Have you tried tying down your natural hair at night so it will be smooth in the morning. This is what I did when I wore weaves, I would apply a little pomade or whatever to the edges, brush and scarf.

IMO i think if you relax a random part of your hair, after the weave comes out your gonna regret the hell out of it.

Have you tried tying down your natural hair at night so it will be smooth in the morning. This is what I did when I wore weaves, I would apply a little pomade or whatever to the edges, brush and scarf.

Yikes, brush? I guess if you do it very gently it would be okay. I stopped using a brush and only comb once a week. Good idea with the pomade.

I agree with not perming the top portion of your hair for your weave. You may still end up using the flat iron anyway. Also, this is a temp hairstyle just for your weave. You will also have to consider using a different regimen for the permed hair than your natural hair.

Maybe a full head install next time too. I agree with Charmtrese - scarf tiedown works wonders.

Or the first time you flatiron for the week - make sure you use a lotion with "style memory" which is some new terminology that helps maintain the set you style. Also something that blocks out humidity to help with reversion issues.

Maybe Sabino?

Then after that you would do the tiedown.

**Just make sure you stick with the lowest setting that will get the job done
---beware of over usage. (its so easy to do just one more swipe)

Reneice (not LHCF member - check her fotki) is a frequent weave user, and MsKibibi has great experience too.(sp?) check them out for advice also.

IMO you shouldnt do it,
i relaxed my edges when i transitioned the first time, although it didnt look bad since it was juts my edges, i kinda regretted it once the weave was out,

Just tie it down and straighten when needed, baby that area though and use eat protectant whenever you are straigtening,

I use my Nexxus heat protectant spray and then my Chi heat protectant spray and then my Chi silk infusion , just to ensure that i wont have any damage!
And i have been in a weave for the past six months or so and i havent noticed any heat damage.

No, I wouldn't do that, that piece would look funny once you take the weave out.

I would get a full weave next time and not leave anything out.

I wouldn't do this. You will regret it when the weave comes out and there are two different textures to deal with and the relaxed being only a small part.

What all the ladies say - don't relax. I did this years ago (pre-LHCF) - 2 stylist said relax only the leave out. I was like really? you do that? So after not having relaxed for about 3 years-I relaxed my leave out. Breakage Kingdom came down on me (but must state again pre-LHCF). And once I decided to go weaveless, I regretted relaxing. If you do flat iron - only do so on clean hair, deep conditioned and heat protection, and maybe everyother wash do braidouts with the hair so you cut back on the heat use.

I guess my question is why indian hair with leave out if you are natural and a 4a at that?

You might want to flat iron that part with some Sabino moisture block to keep it straight for a few days. The scarf method works pretty well too.

If all else fails, you may want to purchase a closure. That way all of your hair is protected.

Yes Indian hair is pretty. I'm wearing some Indique now but I'm lightly texlaxed and would NEVER get that hair to blend unless I was wearing a full weave with NO hair left out.

What I did was get tree braids in the front and a sew in for the back so that I don't have to worry about blending.

^^ I got the hair because it is gorgeous hair! AND it matches my hair perfectly when I straighten it. It just seems to revert a little bit after only a few days, and I wanted to know if ppl did relax only left out hair

Also, I plan to wear weaves till i reach APL..im a lil past SL now...so I didnt think it was a big deal because I always wear my parts in the middle...

But for now..I won't relax..I'll just see what other things I could do in the mean time like the Sabino moisture block and what types of pomade were you referring to that I could purchase?

Yea I definitely wouldn't relax the leave out...experiment with different things like the other ladies suggested and you should be fine. A friend of mine who is a natural 4b had a weave in for about a month and a half and she flat ironed the leave out once a week and it blended really well...it had no problem reverting when she took it out as well

I agree with not relaxing for weave blending. Once you flat iron the the scarf method should keep it pretty straight.

Also, I plan to wear weaves till i reach APL..im a lil past SL now...so I didnt think it was a big deal because I always wear my parts in the middle...

But for now..I won't relax..I'll just see what other things I could do in the mean time like the Sabino moisture block and what types of pomade were you referring to that I could purchase?

I heard that Murray's beeswax is good for slicking the hair down...:yep:

31V41B0WEHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also, when you wrap your hair at night and tie with the scarf, apply a tiny bit of hair dress cream like Elasta QP Mango Butter to the leave out hair. It helps with the scarf method.

Back