What To Do After Correcting A Relaxer?

Paris Belle

After months of underprocessing with Motions, I switched to Affirm. I liked the results but parts of my hair was still underprocessed re Motions, and so my stylist applied the Affirm safely to those areas.

She follows all of the steps and included more reconstructor on those parts as well. To combat any problems I continued alternating protein with moisturizing conditioners for added strength at every wash. I've also done more braid outs than roller sets.

While I like the results of Affirm, I haven't had a problem with thickness or anything, I am a little worried about the "corrected areas." My hair is naturally dry and I'm afraid of my hair being damaged and breaking off. It's been a little dry lately but I am attributing it more to the protein than the perm.

I don't know if that's wrong though..

My questions then are:
(1) What should I do to combat any potential damage?
(2) What is the hair care procedure for those who have corrected any underprocessing?
(3) Could the dryness come from the perm or the protein conditioners? Or both?

HELP!

All no-lye relaxers are Calcium based and is what dryes the hair, the longer you leave it on the dryer it gets. Deep-condition with moisterizing treatments under dryer.

Thank you for posting Bailey's Cream. I've been alternating protein with moisturizing conditioners. I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. I will continue this.

Back