What things should a woman NOT suggest, say or initiate in a relationship?

naija24

Even if it has crossed my mind i would not suggest or hint it to him. My mother always told my sister and I that there are certain things that as a woman you should not suggest, nudge or initiate in a relationship.

This inspired me to make another thread.

What things should a woman NOT suggest or initiate in a relationship?

Two things:

The 'relationship' talk. If you gotta ask, "where is this going?" it's going nowhere.

I also think men should be the first to say the three little words since they are the ones who generally run when the woman says it if he's not quite there yet.

Most other things? meh... I dont really much ascribe to that line of thinking...

Let's get married...

One of the fastest ways to make a man run, let him take the lead when it comes to commitment and promises of a future together.

Also doing too much wifely or motherly things......smothering is never cool.

Last edited:
I don't see why a woman shouldn't bring up the topic of marriage if that's where she wants the relationship to go. I can't see myself marrying someone I would be afraid to raise the issue with.

I don't see why a woman shouldn't bring up the topic of marriage if that's where she wants the relationship to go. I can't see myself marrying someone I would be afraid to raise the issue with.

I think there is a difference between bringing up marriage as you stated it and 'let's get married'

Of course it's ok to treat sometimes...just don't make a habit of it.

Is it okay for a woman to treat her SO to dinner ? Or should he always pay no matter what.

Of course a woman can treat a SO but I think it would be a date or outing you planned so money wouldn't come up.

I'm moreso talking about the dating/courtship phase where the man is taking you out and trying to impress you. I think it's a mistake for a woman to try to impress a man by offering to pay in that situation. It sets a precedent.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using LHCF

Of course a woman can treat a SO but I think it would be a date or outing you planned so money wouldn't come up.

I'm moreso talking about the dating/courtship phase where the man is taking you out and trying to impress you. I think it's a mistake for a woman to try to impress a man by offering to pay in that situation. It sets a precedent.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using LHCF

Thanks, I just wanted to clarify. You know how LHCF can be sometimes (Although I know you always have good sensible advice)

That's what I'm thinking. It shouldn't be nothing I can't say to him, if I say I love you and he runs then we had problems and wasn't on the same note, I could see if it was day one then I would look crazy . I was told i love you first and I didn't say it back because at the time I didn't, it wasn't a problem

Don't pay or go Dutch. IMO "going Dutch" is not a date, it's two friends hanging out.

Don't be clingy, act like you have options, even if you don't.

Be prepared to walk away if you are not getting what you want.

Back