WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Okay, sorry for the caps. I am really frustrated :swearing:

I had the perfect nape. No broken hairs and it was even with the rest of my hair. I showed my husband the newly broken curly nape and he told me, " It will grow back. Don't worry about it." :eek: What the heck does he know?

To give you a little history, I was natural for two years and decided to relax April 2, 2005.

I have been doing my daily CW. Deep conditioing twice a week. Moisturizing my ends and bunning. Okay, I fell off on the bunning for almost two months :perplexed

I have been wearing ponytails, but they are not tight. I don't wrap my scrunchi around my hair more than twice. I even sleep with a satin pillowcase.

Why has all this extra TLC with my hair left my nape broken!?!?

I'm sorry this happened. When I used to relax I did my nape last, its the most delicate and breaks easily. Now that I'm natural I have length to it again. Some women on the board dont relax their nape at all.

How large of an area is it? The last 1/2" of my nape is always short and will probably always be short.

baglady215 said:
How large of an area is it? The last 1/2" of my nape is always short and will probably always be short.

Same with my nape.

Do you start with that area first? If so I suggest you relax that area last.

I have the same problem myself. I think my issues are:

1. tying my scarf a little too tight with the knot right on the nape area eveyr night
2. Tight ponytails (easing off on this, I've mostly been wearing a claw clip)
3. Lack of moisture

Do you find yourself manipulating your hair more than before? What have you been doing differently since you noticed this breakage?

sseverin2002 said:
I have the same problem myself. I think my issues are:

1. tying my scarf a little too tight with the knot right on the nape area eveyr night
2. Tight ponytails (easing off on this, I've mostly been wearing a claw clip)
3. Lack of moisture

Do you find yourself manipulating your hair more than before? What have you been doing differently since you noticed this breakage?

Guilty as charged :perplexed I have been using my dad's brush to do my ponytails. I don't use it really hard, I just smooth my hair with it. D'OH!!!!!!!!!!! (In Homer's voice)

I stopped bunning and wear ponytails now. I have a baby brush I would use but since my hair is underprocessed from doing my own relaxer, I use the brush to make my ponytail smooth

Will it grow back? When I get my hair relaxed in July, I will leave the nape for last. Thanks ladies!

Back