• Cold/Cool

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Warm

Votes: 48 85.7%
  • Hot!!

Votes: 8 14.3%

• Total voters

Geminigirl

Sometimes my water gets really hot off and on, and the other day i got to thinking if that could cause heat damage? just like using an appliance? I haven't used heat in weeks but my hair is still thinning and damage. I wonder if the temp of my water could be causing more damage.

Honestly I never thought of this...hmmm.... I love to take really hot showers too. Well they start off hot and generally when it's time to rinse out the conditioner it's lukewarm... this is a good question I'm subscribing

Wow..I never really thought of this either. I hope hot water does not cause damage to your hair. I also enjoy taking steamy hot showers that eventually gets lukewarm as well lol. I am going to do some research on this and if I find any useful information I will come back and let you guys know.

i use warm to rinse out my shampoo while i'm in the shower. When I rinse DC, i'm bending over the tub, it's on lukewarm to get the poduct out and then I do a final cold rinse.

I wash and rinse with warm-hot water. I am not going to suffer rinsing with nobody's cold water. If it made that much of a difference, I wouldnt be DCing.

I highly doubt hot water will cause heat damage. Most people experience heat damage while using appliances that are hundreds of degrees hotter than tap water. But I like to wash with hot/warm water and rinse conditioner with cooler/lukewarm water.

I use warm water to wash and cool water to rinse out the conditioner. In my opinion of hot water, heat is heat and it will dry your hair out if you use it often enough.

My water gets HOT. Prolly as hot as an appliance. I'm talking it could scald a child hot. I talking steam coming out of it hot. My water heater was broken for a while and you would set the water temp to take a shower and periodically it would get super HOT for a couple minutes and then turn back to normal. When I touch my hair after washing it too hot sometimes it feels VERY hot to the touch and I can't let the water that's dripping down touch my skin. I got to thinking that this water at this temp might not be good for my hair. I was also thinking about how they say to not take hot showers because it can be very drying to the skin so I bet it does that to the hair too.

My water gets HOT. Prolly as hot as an appliance. I'm talking it could scald a child hot. I talking steam coming out of it hot. My water heater was broken for a while and you would set the water temp to take a shower and periodically it would get super HOT for a couple minutes and then turn back to normal. When I touch my hair after washing it too hot sometimes it feels VERY hot to the touch and I can't let the water that's dripping down touch my skin. I got to thinking that this water at this temp might not be good for my hair. I was also thinking about how they say to not take hot showers because it can be very drying to the skin so I bet it does that to the hair too.

that makes perfect sense to me:yep:

How is that not scalding your scalp?

I usually do warm to wash with a cold final rinse.

i have always read that you shouldnt use hot water on your hair so wash and rinse with warm and do a cold rinse every once and awhile

When I get a fresh touch-up and up to about 4 weeks post I use warm to cold. After that I use warm to hot to get my NG soothed out more. I don't know if it's good or not, but it works for me

I shampoo with warm water and rinse out conditioner with cold water

I do the same thing. I wash with warm water and I rinse with cold (sometimes ice cold) water. I can't remember where I read it, but the cold water seals the cuticle and gives your hair incredible shine.

I used to use warm/hot, and then rinse the conditioner out with cold water. But I didn't really see a difference with my hair, so I just keep using the warm. Do those of you that rinse with cold water have it ice cold?

Warm/hot and rinse in warm water. In the summer it's not so bad to wash and shampoo in cooler water but the hay with that in the winter time it's too darn cold out, even though my house stay 80 degrees and up.

You aint never lied Sassy! for some reason when I have alot of NG and rinse in cold/cooler water I can't coomb through my hair as good without it like clumping together. It's like my length will huddle together, probably from the cold water :lachen: it's trying to stay warm too, it's not tangled though just harder for me to comb through while rinsing the condish out. When the water is warm/hot I can comb through in a breeze with no problems and after everything is all combed out I can do a cooler rinse.
When I get a fresh touch-up and up to about 4 weeks post I use warm to cold. After that I use warm to hot to get my NG soothed out more. I don't know if it's good or not, but it works for me

My head in only under the water long enough to rinse the conditioner out - I use warm/hot water there - a comfortable temperature on my scalp. My final rinse though, is in ice cold water. I bend forward at the waist, and only let the water hit my head, and then drip into the tub - no need to get cold water all over me!
I definitely see a difference when I consistently rinse with ice cold water and when I don't. :yep:

I used to use warm/hot, and then rinse the conditioner out with cold water. But I didn't really see a difference with my hair, so I just keep using the warm. Do those of you that rinse with cold water have it ice cold?

I shower in hot, wash hair in warm, and rinse in tepid. Warm water that is comfortable to the body is, most likely, not harmful to the hair. If you live in an area of hard water, that is more damaging to hair than warm water.

First I start off with cold water, than ice cold. It seals the cuticle after a deep condition.

Back