What temp do you use?

• Cold/Cool

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Warm

Votes: 48 85.7%
  • Hot!!

Votes: 8 14.3%

• Total voters
for those that rinse with cool/cold water, do you notice any significant difference than if you did it just with warm/hot?

Whatever temp my shower is. I can't shower in super hot water because it dries out my skin so I guess it usually warm/hot.

If the water is hot enough to scald your skin, then it may be too hot for your hair. It probably wouldn't cause the same type of heat damage you'd get from a flat iron, but it may be causing some dryness.

How is that not scalding your scalp?

I usually do warm to wash with a cold final rinse.

umm I don't know. not to sure. I don't sit under the water. If it's too hot I immediatly turn it down but the other day I got to thinking having that hot water running on my hair without a protectant might cause some damage be it dryness or whatever. I love hot showers even though I have dry skin but I don't think my hair likes hot water. I am gonna try warm water now and see if the condtion of my hair improves. Sorry if anyone misunderstood. I don't wash my hair in scalding water. I was saying that my water temp can reach scalding tempature. and when the water heater was broken periodically it would turn extremley hot to the point I would have to step back until the water cools. That's probably how my scalp doesn't scald too.

Whatever temp my shower is. I can't shower in super hot water because it dries out my skin so I guess it usually warm/hot.

If the water is hot enough to scald your skin, then it may be too hot for your hair. It probably wouldn't cause the same type of heat damage you'd get from a flat iron, but it may be causing some dryness.

I agree with the dryness. The hot water is probably doing something to my hair but I don't think it's helping it.

Last edited:
i wash my hair with freezing cold water 1 because my hair respopnds better to it and 2 i herd its better to wash your hair in cold water so it doesnt leave your pores openened for dirt and dry and itchy scalp

Back