What should I use.........

honeycomb719

to get my edges back on track? The front and sides of my hair has always been the shortest from breakage. I know what things not to do such as(braids too tight, relaxing 1st instead of last etc...) Is there something that will get them growing back in healthy and strong. Tried the temple fertilizing serum, and the vit E oil but they didn't help /images/graemlins/smirk.gif I've been hearing about nioxin, what is this? And is it any good?

Thanx Ladies /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Relaxed 4a hair thin
Current Length: Different 3-7inches w/ the front and sides being the shortest
Goal: Even Healthy Shoulder Length Hair

/images/graemlins/weird.gif /images/graemlins/wave.gif /images/graemlins/kisses.gif

Hey,
This may seem a bit drastic. But I say go natural for a while. So the hair growth heels itself. Go through the transitions and grow it natarual and continually trim the hair. This is so the hair shaft fully strengthens and brings it back to it's healthy state on it's own. I think added product is just going to continue the cycle.

Then if you want to continue I would say relax your hair again. And do it differently with the new knowledge, then your starting with a whole new head of hair. not the same old process....think of it like a blank sheet of canvas than painting ove rand over again with different colours the same to see a difference.

I think in the long run it would be more beneficial. Also I would refrain from braiding your hair. I wouldn't recommend it, not with hair like that. But if you do go natural to then put yarn instead of synthetic because synthetic hair has chemicals in it which can also damage your hair further. That's really my best advice.

Tah,
A9 /images/graemlins/spank.gif /images/graemlins/flyingwitch.gif /images/graemlins/up.gif /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

Another thing that some of these ladies swear by to "fill in " the edges is Castor oil. You could try a few drops of rosemary and peppermint essential oil in a carrier oil such as jojoba and rub it into that area.

Thanx, London & Ace. I tried the going natural thing didn't work out for me. I just went back to relaxers in Nov. after not having one for close to 4yrs. I allowed my hair to return to it's natural state in "98" and I kept my hair braided, pressed w/ ponytails or under a wig. I think all the heat from pressing got my edges so bad. I was going to Mr. John's hair clinic here in Detroit. Did this for 6mths til one of the stylist Q'ed me in on his program /images/graemlins/frown.gif The ty-zillions probably is to blame too. I've been trying to get some feed back on this nioxin's stuff I've been reading about on this board, but no luck yet /images/graemlins/frown.gif Back when I was natural I thought I was doing the right things to my hair but then again I'm still learning how to take care of my hair, so maybe that wasn't the case.

Again, Thanx for your response /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You may have a point honeycomb... /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif I've pretty much been natural most of my life. I keep going back and forth. When I'm tired with my natural hair I try a relaxer. It's just more of a new hairstyle than a life long change. Just like cutting it....

I wouldn't have recommended the press when you had natural hair. I heard alot of women press their hair. And that's where I think they go wrong. In the end there's a level of damage, much like dying that in my book is equal to the damage by a relaxer, although I fault none.

I still think maybe you should go natural get a cut, just go natural until you get about 4-8 inches of hair growth. Trimming the new growth once. And no pressing for that time. Then I would put a relaxer..go Halle for a while. Then you get the health back in the minimum of time and you get to go back on the relaxer and your hair would have gained back a relative amount of it's health if not all. Since I consider hair growth and health easy. Not hard to do after chopping most of it off...

Let me know what you think on this point.

Tah,
A9 /images/graemlins/weird.gif /images/graemlins/kiss.gif /images/graemlins/kisses.gif /images/graemlins/kissing4.gif /images/graemlins/kiss2.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/lick.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif I know I'm a graemlin addict....Help Me!!!

Back