What shift does you and your man work? How does it effect your relationship?

Nella

Alright, ladies I was just curious to know what shift does you and your so work? I currently work a split shift and have a daughter. My shift is currently 11am til 7pm. At this time its working for me but, I would prefer days. My so works 11pm -8am now since he has gotten a promotion.

So, how does your work schedule effect your relationship and family time? Did you ever consider switching shifts and when you did how did it work out for you and your so (including children if you have any).

My SO works crazy hours. He sometimes works 12 hour shifts! I'm currently unemployed, so he sees me whenever (those damn commercials popped in my head) he can. When I was working, it seemed like we saw each other more because I was busy too. Now that I have nothing but time on my hands, I sit and wait....I can't complain, though because he's wonderful! Hadda throw that in there.

I used to work all kinds of crazy hours, but I have recently changed to working daytime only. Our relationship suffered from my hours, also because we don't live together and don't see eachother every day anyway.
Now, it will become a lot easier.

For the future, I have to work normal hours when we have children. :)

I have always worked 8-5. My husband has worked shiftwork most of our marriage until 18 months ago. I liked it. Loved having the bed to myself. I didn't believe it had a negative effect on our relationship until he started his current job. I miss his previous job but he took this current job because of our kids, they needed him around more.

Hubby is in school from 7-4 Monday thru friday, I work second shift most days and all day on the weekends...so yeah it pretty much sux and its frustrating that our schedules are opposite. We miss each other a lot, but try to make the most of the time we do have together. Im working on getting some type of normal schedule where we have certain days we can always spend together every week. I hate my work schedule right now...

My FH works 5:00 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. and some days he is on call and has to work longer hours.

I just work from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. so that I can take care of our son. Some days I have been know to work until 12:00 a.m.:perplexed

guy I'm talking to now works 10am-7:30 sometimes 8 or 9. And I travel majority of the time. It's difficult to hang out that's for sure especially when you're still in the initial stages. I figure as things progress I wouldn't mind it so much. However, for this reason and so much more I'm hoping that one day the travel will decrease, or cease.

My man works 1230 am to 830 am M-F & 5-8pm MW, 3-6pmTTh and I work 730-430 M-F and have an hour commute each way. I honestly don't know how we do it, but so far it works for us. He is trying to get the regular day shift so we can spend more time together.

My SO works Mon-Fri.. 3pm-3am; and some Saturdays 1pm-12:00am. And he is also a full time student with class on Mon, wed, Thurs. from 8am-2pm. then he has a hour commute to work after class.

I work 8-5 on Mon,wed, Fridays and most weekends. I also go to school full time and have class all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

So we really don't have much time during the weekend to spend together. And it really sucks because we miss each other so much. So we make sure that we talk on the phone everyday. But its still not the same. We usually get together on the weekend when he doesn't have to work on Saturday or usually Sunday. And even then were dead tired from work and school all week. But we try to make the best of it. He will be graduating this year and hopefully can find a job with better hours.

DH has a split shift as well. He works from 7am - 3pm on Fridays & Sat's. And 3pm-11pm Sundays - Tuesdays. And because of this schedule we go to bed around 1am, and it is killing me. I am a stay-at-home mom, but I am so tired from going to bed late. When he gets to bed by 12am, that is our hang out time: talk, play with baby, watch tv, whatever. And we sometimes stay up to 2am. And we both be feeling tired like zombies. But the schedule offers some convenience.

The best thing to change right now, is me and the baby no longer wait up, and we go to bed early, and we hang out in the morning! :yep:

Back