What Shampoos Make Your Hair Feel Super-Soft?

Solitude

What shampoos make your hair soft? Are there any conditioners that can cleanse your scalp like shampoo does?

I’m looking for a shampoo that will really make my hair soft, so I can limit the amount of conditioner and leave-ins I use. I can’t go poo-free or my scalp cries foul. I only use a little & mostly on my scalp. I don’t have issues with dry hair from sulfates, etc.

Anyhow, I have yet to find a shampoo that excites me. I’ve tried JASON, Nexxus, Garnier, Organix, Alter Ego Linseed Oil Shampoo (this one was pricey), KeraCare Dry & Itchy Scalp, Suave, Crème of Nature, Motions and probably a few others. None of them “wowed” me. The best was Aveda (I had a sample), but it’s so expensive….

Do I have to pay the price for quality, softening shampoo? What are your favs?

I have moved away from Shampooing. Only to Clarify. But when I was using:

I Liked the Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture Shampoo.:lick: And I recently purchased but haven't tried the Mizani Moisturefuse Cream Milk Bath Which Sounds really Heavenly. So, I hope I like it:look:

carols daughter tui shampoo. the best shampoo for my natural hair. and my relaxed hair loved it too.

Hairveda's amala cream rinse, Its like a conditoner but cleans like a shampoo it does not lather,But it gets the hair clean and leaves my hair soft.

Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo

I second this! This is the only shampoo thus far that made me go "ooooh". A lurker friend hooked me to this! hehe...:look:

Aveda dry remedy was nice - but again the price was not hot:nono:

Elucence mb!!!!

I agree with Elucence for sure. It is one of my faves too, can't seem to part with it. I also liked Mizani Botanifying Shampoo nad WEN cleansing Conditioners. The Lavender and fig were really great but I hear a lot of the ladies talk highly about the WEN sweet almond oil conditioner, but I don't have that one.

I'm going thanks-happy on this thread! :lachen:I really need to something new.

Aphogee Deep moisture shampoo. I can go w/o conditioner if I had to.

I can't believe I forgot to mention this one in the first post. I have a big bottle of this stuff right now. When I first used it, I LOVED it. I haven't used it in a while, though. Since I already have it, I'm going to try it again tonight.

I second this! This is the only shampoo thus far that made me go "ooooh". A lurker friend hooked me to this! hehe...:look:

Aveda dry remedy was nice - but again the price was not hot:nono:

I just can't justify that price to myself. $24/bottle? Craziness.

Last edited:
MIZANI BOTANIFYING SHAMPOO HANDS DOWN.

IT CLEANSES, SOFTENS, SMELLS GREAT AND IT'S CONSISTENT.

I LOVE IT.

Mizani Botanifying is great I stopped using it regularly after hearing about sulfates. I also like Matrix Biolage hydratherapie poo.

Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo

Hmm, I'll be trying this one next!

Aphogee Deep moisture shampoo. I can go w/o conditioner if I had to.

I'll have to try this as well.

I'm currently using my dd's shampoo. I too have tried an array of poos, and eventhough I love me some Kenra, after a while it's poo seemed drying to me...the same with Infusium. So far, I'm sticking with my Kids Organics Conditioning Shampoo.

It's designed for kids, and I love that it's gentle. I used it to wash my hair today; and it left my hair soft. Not super soft, but that could be attributed to my hard water (I just began using my shower filter; they say it takes time to see/feel a difference).

I'll come back and post my results from the other poos.

Taliah Waajid Black Earth Black Shampoo. Man, that stuff is silk in a bottle! :yep: Top that off with her Enhancing Herbal Conditioner, it's heaven on my normally tangled hair.:angel:

At one point it was KeraCare and Creme of Nature for me but now I use and love Aveda DR shampoo and the Shikakai bar...makes my hair really super soft after using it.

Back