what satin bonnets you use?

Lilmama1011

I use this and hate it, the tiny pores in the fabric catches my hair, any suggestions for a smooth satin bonnet. Looks like I might have to drop $30 for a bonnet and I don't want to. I also don't want to order, I want it on land. are there any you can find in regular stores. At first I thought it was me putting it in the dryer and the fabric having lint ball on the inside, but I have a brand new one doing the same

ForumRunner_20140913_204336.jpg

Turn the bonnet inside out and see if that helps with it snagging your hair. I make my bonnets, but in a pinch I get one from the BSS.

Wow you make them? I was thinking of going to get some satin or silk fabric and doing it but I can't do that ish who am I fooling

You should give it a try. I am a beginner as far as my sewing skill. I used this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTn1zZcn8QU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

If my link doesn't work, type in diy satin bonnet and it should be the first or a second video. The satin fabric is pretty cheap so you can make a practice one. I want to purchase some real silk for the next one I make.

I buy mine from bonbonscheveux.com ....I believe that's the website. I love the drawstring cheetah print one I have. I even got 2 for my daughter.

I swear by the Stay on satin ones frim Walmart with the wide band....you could also wear a scarf under the bonnet?

I get mine on ebay.com and turn them inside out. They are pure silk and take weeks to get here but very inexpensive.

I have bonnets from Adorabella Baby on Etsy, Ebonicurls, and BonBonsChevueux. I'm not a fan of the price of any of them BUT they were so worth the investment. Now I only use my Walmart/Sally's ones when I pre-poo or DC overnight.

The Ebonicurls bonnets are my favorite followed by the Adorabella Baby ones. I like the Ebonicurls ones because the bonnet is HUGE (like wear rollers under it and still have room), it has drawstring and elastic so I can customize the fit to a degree, & they're double lined. The Adorabella Baby bonnet isn't large but the satin feels great, the elastic lays flat against the skin, and it covers my edges and nape without having to pull it down super low.

I swear by the Stay on satin ones frim Walmart with the wide band....you could also wear a scarf under the bonnet?

That's my exact routine when wearing the Stay on Satin PatTodd

I have bonnets from Adorabella Baby on Etsy, Ebonicurls, and BonBonsChevueux. I'm not a fan of the price of any of them BUT they were so worth the investment. Now I only use my Walmart/Sally's ones when I pre-poo or DC overnight.

The Ebonicurls bonnets are my favorite followed by the Adorabella Baby ones. I like the Ebonicurls ones because the bonnet is HUGE (like wear rollers under it and still have room), it has drawstring and elastic so I can customize the fit to a degree, & they're double lined. The Adorabella Baby bonnet isn't large but the satin feels great, the elastic lays flat against the skin, and it covers my edges and nape without having to pull it down super low.

rileypak, I love my AdoraBella Baby but the price is a bit steep but it's kinda worth it when it's all said and done. It really does protect my hair & edges.

That's my exact routine when wearing the Stay on Satin PatTodd

rileypak, I love my AdoraBella Baby but the price is a bit steep but it's kinda worth it when it's all said and done. It really does protect my hair & edges.

I don't want to wear a scarf because it would squish my curls. If I'm wearing a laid back style I will wear a regular scarf, for curls I wear strictly bonnets

Thanks for this! I hadn't heard of Ebonicurls or Adorabella. I will look them up when I get home.

Thanks for this! I hadn't heard of Ebonicurls or Adorabella. I will look them up when I get home.

NappyNelle Be prepared for sticker shock if you're used to the Walmart/Sally's bonnet prices. I didn't want to pay what I paid AT ALL but I considered it an investment and it was money well spent in both cases.
I have divachyk to thank for my introduction to Adorabella Baby. I grabbed mine because of her review and I still love it :yep:

I don't want to wear a scarf because it would squish my curls. If I'm wearing a laid back style I will wear a regular scarf, for curls I wear strictly bonnets

Lilmama1011 then you'll definitely want to go the route of Ebonicurls, BonBons Cheveux, or Flor Bella. They're the only vendors I can think of hearing about that have huge bonnets that won't disturb curls too much. I'm sure there are more but the 3 I listed are the only ones I can think of...

Last edited:
I know you don't want to order, but I have a BonBonsChevueux that I love. It is huge. If you can wait till Black Friday, the price is better. I think it was $25. The black Friday price was better than Ebonicurl's BF price. Also, my friend recently ordered from Ebonicurls and told me that it took forever for Eboni to make her bonnet and ship it.

I had to upgrade my bonnet because my hair was getting too long to fit under my other one. Based on all the positive reviews, I went with BonBonsChevueux and I love it. Yes, it's pricey, but it is soooo worth it. It's super roomy, doesn't slip off during the night (and I'm a hard sleeper so this was a huge plus for me), and is really cute. Oh, and I received mine in a pretty timely manner too. I was impressed!

I had to upgrade my bonnet because my hair was getting too long to fit under my other one. Based on all the positive reviews, I went with BonBonsChevueux and I love it. Yes, it's pricey, but it is soooo worth it. It's super roomy, doesn't slip off during the night (and I'm a hard sleeper so this was a huge plus for me), and is really cute. Oh, and I received mine in a pretty timely manner too. I was impressed!

missyrayne19 did you get the drawstring bonnet or the regular one?

I think I may have found a bonnet that doesn't snag and it's just from a bss. I will never buy that stay on brand, I guess the fabric separation too far.

Last edited:
Sorry that I took so long to respond! The smooth side is the side that you want on your hair, also flipping it inside out prevents the elastic from touching your hair.

Sorry that I took so long to respond! The smooth side is the side that you want on your hair, also flipping it inside out prevents the elastic from touching your hair.

I tried that and it never worked with that brand. I will just stick to the one I have. I have several stay on brands and they all snagged no matter what

Back