What regimen and/or products have worked BEST for you

pinkchocolatedaisy

Ok, I am hoping to gain some serious insight here. I am all about keeping it simple now- products wise, $$$wise, etc. There are various challenges and reviews about this product and that one... so I wanna know which products/regimen has worked best for you? What has given you the most growth and overall heair health? I am currently wearing braids and I wanna see how that goes. I was part of the OCT challenge but I don't have a camera at the moment or a personal computer to upload pix (my cell phone sucks..LOL). Anyhoo, I wanted to know what's worked best for you? Cowashing? DC's? Certain products: OCT, MT, BT... what? I am trying to find the simplest method - lowkey, low cost... I liked OCT but is there something just as good or better for less?

thanks ladies!!!

conditioner washing with suave coconut, spritzing wet hair with aloe vera/glycerin/water mixture and pulling into bun.

...Carefree, easy, keeps hair clean, hair is soft, relaxed and natural strands happy :)

This is my regimen, very simple:

Staple oil mix: 1 part BT, 1 part WGO, 1 part caster, 2 parts hot 6 oil

Friday Night- Just a water rinse and condition with Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor (the cream), oil scap
Saturday- Wash and condition with Nexxus Therapee and Humetress, Deep condish w/ORS mayo or DPR-11, oil scap, Rollerset, no heat

Throughout the week, I either re-set hair with water and oil in a spray bottle or do braid outs. If by wednesday, my hair looks blah, co-wash w/ORS replenish pack or VO5 cheapy.

Nexxus is somewhat pricey, but I bought it in bulk at Sam's about 8 months ago and I'm still on the same 2 bottles!

Gosh - I really attempted to go in the organic and natural direction. Let me tell you - it has saved my hair....

Pricey products don't work for me - and most are all the same once you learn what the ingredients are....

So - I can say that food has been the best and cheapest for my hair.....

when curly, cowashes with vo5 (strawberries and cream or vanilla mint tea).
when straightened, castor oil on the ends and edges. bb oil moisturizer is my new boo as well.

leave-ins: HE LTR leave-in is inexpensive and works but i now prefer giovanni direct which is about 8 bucks (lasts a while though since i mainly use it diluted). last night on a whim i discovered vo5 is a good leave in so now i will stop rinsing it all out after cowashes.

DCs: lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol (inexpensive), or kenra mc (got on sale 2 for 28 but are normally 27 a pop; expensive but good.)

CON shampoo, currently 2 for 10 at sally's for a 32 oz bottle.

now that i have outlined the products here is the regimen: shampoo/DC/rinse and add leave in once a week. additional DC at some point in the week; cowash at some point in the week if i need a midweek pick-me-up, same night as 2nd DC is okay. works for me.

~Washing and conditioning once or twice weekly (Keracare Hydrating poo and matching conditioner, sometimes Elucence MB con)
~No direct heat, only indirect heat from rollersetting and sitting under the dryer.
~Moisturizing daily

Those 3 things have worked best. I have now reached my goal of a little past BSL. I need to put a new pic in my avi cause the one there is from last July.:ohwell:

Food :)lol: so on point, SJ!!), low manipulation, intense moisture, gentleness and henna. I tend to be sorta lerry suggesting certain products, because the things that make my hair sing might make yours cry. :lol:

Food :)lol: so on point, SJ!!), low manipulation, intense moisture, gentleness and henna. I tend to be sorta lerry suggesting certain products, because the things that make my hair sing might make yours cry. :lol:

Yup, ITA with the bolded. I love deep conditioning, and ayurveda powders and oils as well.

Hydrating products: especially the ones w/ Coconut Oil in it.
Ayurvedic and rollersetting: to keep it simple

Protective styling was working, but now i think i'm putting my buns too tight. I'm noticing a lil bit of breakage so i have to think about elastic eliminating styles. Stretching my relaxer any where from 12-16wks, preepooing, moisturizing daily and no direct heat. Shampooing and dcing once a week (that's dcing with every shampoo). That's about it, i think. And i don't care what ANYBODY says, i swear by ORS Olive oil in a jar as mineral oil as the first or second ingredients! My hair has SERIOUSLY thrive from it.

Last edited:
~Washing and conditioning once or twice weekly (Keracare Hydrating poo and matching conditioner, sometimes Elucence MB con)
~No direct heat, only indirect heat from rollersetting and sitting under the dryer.
~Moisturizing daily

Those 3 things have worked best. I have now reached my goal of a little past BSL. I need to put a new pic in my avi cause the one there is from last July.:ohwell:
please do! i would love to see!

Wearing my hair in twist and using my shealoe concoction has worked the BEST for my hair...

Back