What real put in his hair to press it

ImFree27

Does anyone know or heard what Real on Real chance of love put in his hair to press it....I never seen a natural press that silky before..

I think it depends more on the natural texture of the hair. His texture is not really coarse. My friend has a similar texture to him and her presses always come out just as silky.

Last edited:
I have no idea; however, I've seen a silky press on natural hair. It requires a blow out & flat iron OR a blow out and pressing comb. Lots of natural ladies on here have gotten the same results.

Yeah i'm pretty sure is all in the product also. I've seen it before in real life, but I know they used a hot comb, and some kind of grease or something on three dif girls I know. I don't know what product it was though.I also think if your hair is heat trained it may come out like that, I don't know..

Ummmmm, Doesnt he have some latino or something running through those locks. IOW, what he use's may not work for you unless you have the same hair type. So becareful.

i agree with some of the ladies here, i think it's all about technique and the texture of your hair. my natural hair looks just like that when i press it, it's a combination of blowdry, press, flat iron (yes, i know ! HORRIBLE ! i'm working on it)

Just wondering.... has it been confirmed that he is natural? I saw an episode where he was in the water, and his wet hair only had a slight wave to it. On one of the other shows that he was on, I remember that his curls were super curly and thick.

Just wondering.... has it been confirmed that he is natural? I saw an episode where he was in the water, and his wet hair only had a slight wave to it. On one of the other shows that he was on, I remember that his curls were super curly and thick.

Yea Probably on I love Money cuz i know his hair was not looking too good on that show! On that show he always had it in a pony and yea if u compare there was some shrinkage! so im guessing hes natural

Yeah he's def natural, and he is Hispanic/Latino and he is Black. His race is Black, ethnicity Latino. Black Dominican or Puerto Rican i believe, can't remember which.

His hair makes me :lick: everytime I look at him! Not fair - it should be on me!!! :wallbash::lachen:

I'll give it 4 years: 2 years to reach the length, 2 more years to for it to be that healthy :drunk:

I swear that boy put a texturizer in his hair! I don't remember it being that gosh darned silky in ILNY.

Either way, his hair makes me want to smack him upside the head out of hateration.

Real kinda reminds me of a young prince...with long hair.

I get the same results for the most part, and my stylist uses a marcel flat iron. She puts me under the dryer for a while, then blowdries it a little. Turns out silky and soft. I just love her.

I think it depends more on the natural texture of the hair. His texture is really coarse. My friend has a similar texture to him and her presses always come out just as silky.

i agree with some of the ladies here, i think it's all about technique and the texture of your hair. my natural hair looks just like that when i press it, it's a combination of blowdry, press, flat iron (yes, i know ! HORRIBLE ! i'm working on it)

The combo of blowdry, press, and flat-iron is a lot of heat, but in the right hands on the right head of hair it really does the job:yep:. My heavier 3cish hair comes out similiar but my hair still is not as heavy as his so it will still not have that kind of bling and swing. Also, that jet black color also adds to the blingy effect.

Even my fine 4a/b hair can get silky swang to it with the right press, they used to call it a dry press. My stylist used a protein conditioner and then some super leave ins (don't know what) and then she just pressed. My hair was super shinny and swinging. I used to have Cellophanes done once per month back then too so that helped with the shine. It can be done on my cotton hair so I know it's about products and technique.

It is technique. If you go to an old school salon where they use the big black hot combs, they can get it silky smooth but that is probably more damaging in the long run.

It is technique. If you go to an old school salon where they use the big black hot combs, they can get it silky smooth but that is probably more damaging in the long run.
My hair dresser used to do my hair every week or every two weeks but she would condition the heck out of it, and use heat protectants.... I remember her talking about polymers back 25 + years ago, and my hair was healthier back then than it is now and I use zero heat now.... She used to say it's all about the conditioners... She used to make my hair like silk and it would shine and swing, and I'm a straight up 4b...with a 4a here and there... LOL And I had crazy length retention, I had apl hair at least and that's because I kept it cut in a feather all the time back then.

ETA: I did a wicki on the word Polymers and came up with this - Marsha (my stylist) was using these types of thermal protectors on my hair when I was in college in the 1980's

Thermal protectors, usually heat-absorbing polymers, shielding the hair against excessive heat, caused by, e.g., blow-drying or curling irons or hot rollers.

Last edited:
Back