What Products Worked Wonders on your Relaxed Hair, But NOT on your Natural Hair?

ScandalousBeauty

I threw out a lot of products that I were my staples in the relaxed hair days, but I am giving them another go. Here are a few of mine...

Elasta QP Mango Butter
Keracare Humecto
Lottabody

scurl worked WAY better when i was texturized

i cant think of anymore at the moment. i seem to have a revers effect on most of my products.they work better now that im natural. im sure i can name some more

also wave nouveau lotion and ORS olive oil lotion. these dont do squat for my natural hair

Last edited:
I am in the reverse; Pantene did wonders on my hair before I relaxed my hair. When I went natural 3 months ago and started using it again, my hair fell back in love with it. I only use the line every once in a while though :ohwell:

Loreal Vive Shampoo and Conditioner (orange bottle), and any silicone based product. Now..not so much :nono:

CON w/ the green writting in the cream bottle. My hair LOVED that stuff. Now it makes my hair all hard and crunchy.

I've been moving my hair products now to natural products and high end products.

Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol
NTM leave in

I have to use S-Curl and Mango butter on the natural hair. It sucks up everyting, while my relaxed hair is greasy.

Oil sheens - any and all, aerosol canned or bottled.

Serums - any and all.
just can't do that anymore not even when i choose to flatiron :nono:

Silicone heavy products, like the first ingredient is a cone or the product is a cone cocktail. can't do it, doesn't work, makes us miserable. products with cones gotta be mixed up and watered down to work well, even the heat protectants.

Back