What products do you use to STRAIGHTEN your hair?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
For those who relax their hair, what products do you use to straighten your hair or new growth besides relaxers??? For those with natural hair, please chip in for you will be very helpful as well. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I alternate between Salerm 21 and coconut oil. I purchased olive oil yesterday so I will give that a try this evening.

Poohbear,
I use a relaxing balm and/or my ceramic flat iron...does a great job but I limit it as much as possible. once Im past about 10 weeks there is no straightening w/out heat though...as a matter of fact I have found Im one of those people who gets breakage around that time so from now on Im an 8-9 week relaxer. I went 12 weeks this last time and am regretting it seeing all the little fly aways and a little breakage in the middle of the back of my head(most sensitive part of my head for some reason).

If u dont want to use heat, I would use a pomade to smooth out the front while wearing it in a protective style if thats your thing.

Ive been wearing twist outs lately and loving it...a cute non heat style and a little new growth wont bother it at all...lol.

Smooth and Shine has a silkener that I used this week on my NG...it really helped with the comb out and setting.

For me I use my shea butter, mango butter and kukom butter mix along with unbraid spray plus Salerma 21 along with Surge products and I put my hair in a ponytail or bun at night and sleep with a hairnet and my satin scarf on and when I take my scarf off the next day it's straight. If I'm in a hurry or I've got an appointment the next day I'll flatiron my hair with my Solia Ion Cermaic Flatiron using Redken's Heat Glide. This stuff is great on my 4a/b hair /images/graemlins/grin.gif Now it took many experiments before I found what works for me and it might take you sometime also, but as that saying goes practice makes perfect. Good luck finding what works for you. /images/graemlins/wave.gif

[ QUOTE ]
LorraineG said:
I alternate between Salerm 21 and coconut oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use this also. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i use wildgrowth oil and i just bought a ceramic ion steam flat iron by vidal sassoon. i'll post the results soon. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

I'm still using a small amount of Aveda Anti-Humectant Pomade on my hair for shine and to reduce reverting from humidity. It is the last step on my wet hair before rollersetting (seals in all that moisture). The key ingredient is castor oil and it seems to straighten my hair a little bit, although my hair is not relaxed straight.

Back