what products cause build up for U

Brownie

Everyone, I've had major issues with build up. At one time, I thought I couldn't comb my hair easily because I haven't texturized in close to a year. I thought I was having tangles and knots because of the new growth. Wrong. I condition rinse/wash my hair often (several times a week), but this stuff was so tough, it'd stick to my hair even with frequent washes. The only way I got all the sticky, white build up out was by combing my whole head with a rattail comb, and following along and pulling the stuck on stuff off my hair strands with a towel. To make a long story short, I lost a wad of hair from the knots, tangles and matting that had formed around the build up. I'm officially cutting down on what I put on my hair. I'm going to mess with my hair less (washing every 1-2 weeks max---with maybe a water rinse in between and daily spritzes wtih water and a little oil). I'm going to comb my hair with every wash. My problem was definitely build up because without all that gunk in my hair, the rattail comb glided through my new growth and length with no problem. BTW, I use a big detangling comb mainly, but I had to use a rattail to get this stuff out.

Okay, I said all that to say this---products that have caused me to have build up:

---Creme of Nature shampoo---makes my hair feel great, but it leaves a residue.

--silicone--my hair loves this stuff, but I believe when I use it with other products, it forms a very thick, flaky, white coating on my hair that doesn't come off easily. I think this may be the main culprit---I'm going to stop using them and see what happens.

Okay, everyone what are your bad build up products?

Creme of Nature anything
Mane and Tail anything

Both leave this white gummy residue on my hair no matter how many times I rinse, hate them both!

Back