Help!! White Stuff On Scalp!

trueimage.

Can someone please tell me what this white stuff in my hair could be!! I don't think it's dandruff my scalp isn't really that itchy .. I took a rattail comb and rubbed my scalp and this white stuff came up. I have been using sulfate free shampoos every week .. Deep conditioning every week .I never clarify my hair ... Sorry if it looks gross :p a couple of people told me it could be product build up or dry scalp and that I should clarify. The white stuff only appears when I scratch my scalp so I don't walk around with my hair like that...... IMG_1204.JPG

I think it looks like build up. I would rinse really well and probably do an ACV rinse.

If you choose to clarify, I wouldn't do both in the same session. (Can be drying).

An ACV Rinse should remove everything and is antifungal and antibacterial.

If you have a pointy tipped applicator bottle, run your ACV solution through the parts of your hair. Use the pointy tip to section your hair.

Dandruff maybe? My scalp does this when I wear my hair straight and don't wash for a couple weeks. If I were you I would clarify with a sulfate shampoo just to get everything clean and off your scalp. Also a shampoo brush really exfoliates the scalp and gets it really clean.

No sulfate shampoo doesn't seem to get my hair as clean. I love my sulfate lol

Yes it looks like you need to clarify your hair. It definitely looks like build up.

Back