What Products Are Needed For Healthy Hair?

MyNameIsCiara

Hello Ladies!
I was just wondering what products are needed to have healthy hair? Such as shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, etc. I don't mean a brand, I just mean what all is required.

Thanks!

Good diet, plenty of water, plenty of fresh/raw fruits and veggies...gotta start on the inside first.

THEN, you'd like to have a good shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, good moisturizer, sharp shears (if you plan to trim yourself), rollers for rollersets so that you can leave the heat styling aids alone, IMAGINATION, PATIENCE AND PRACTICE FOR STYLES!

That's all that I can think of. Truth be told, it's quite relative and depends on the individual. The things I listed are what has worked for me. Some of them may also work for you. I wish you well.

I agree with patience, especially about rollersetting. If you rollerset, there is pretty much no need to ever use direct heat (ie: curling irons, etc..) and something that I've noticed is that though my hair is not dry, using a shampoo for dry hair (Lanza Dry Hair Solutions is my favorite right now) makes my hair really moisturized.. I don't know if thats normal, but using products for damaged/dry hair, actually helps keeps my hair from being dry and damaged!

I'm not saying what works for me will work for you, but finding products is basically trial and error. You may want to visit company websites and request samples. That's what I do to find out what I like and don't like. Just my $.02. HTH

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
and something that I've noticed is that though my hair is not dry, using a shampoo for dry hair (Lanza Dry Hair Solutions is my favorite right now) makes my hair really moisturized.. I don't know if thats normal, but using products for damaged/dry hair, actually helps keeps my hair from being dry and damaged!

[/ QUOTE ]

So I wasn't going crazy when I noticed this!! That's good to know. I was beginning to convince myself that it was my imagination.

[ QUOTE ]
patience said:
[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
and something that I've noticed is that though my hair is not dry, using a shampoo for dry hair (Lanza Dry Hair Solutions is my favorite right now) makes my hair really moisturized.. I don't know if thats normal, but using products for damaged/dry hair, actually helps keeps my hair from being dry and damaged!

[/ QUOTE ]

So I wasn't going crazy when I noticed this!! That's good to know. I was beginning to convince myself that it was my imagination.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i thought i was the only one!
laugh.gif

Depends on how you wear your hair. IMO all you need is conditioner, heat protectant if you need one, occasional trims with good scissors. You don't need shampoo (only for neutralzing if you relax). To clarify, ACV/water works well for me.

Back