What My Texturized Hair Looks Like!

Ginsana

I've been asked how the Silk Elements Texturizer works for my hair by a few of you. I didn't think anyone would be interested in seeing, but apparently some of you are which is cool! I've opened an album on my homepage entitled
"My Texturized Hair Texture" Check it out~!!

Note: my natural hair is 4a/b and the pictures are not recent, they're from the months of October-November 2004 (I think)...I will add recent pictures in April because I am currently wearing Kinky Twists. I am 14 weeks post texturizer so when I touch up I'll post length pics., style pics., all that jazz!

Thanks ladies.

Ginsana

Love it. Do you use the regular or the coarse formulation?

Is that phonypony from the Phony Pony Web site, or somewhere else?

Your hair looks wonderful, how long did you leave the texturizer on for? do you comb it through or smooth? do you texturize in sections? what products did you use on your hair to achive definition, smoothness and shine? thanx in adavance.

i'm sooo jealous right now!! your wet texturized hair looks like my wet relaxed hair . except that my hair airdires frizzy/wavy/curly and not into curls like yours. it's weird. what styling products do you put in your hair to get curl uniformity??

also, that phony pony is FIYAH!!! tell me why i didnt realize it was fake until the last pic :lol: it matches your hair very very well.

Nice said:
Very nice :) . You guys are really making me want to grow out my relaxer!!!

Go for it girl!! Haha! Whatever you decide to do I'm sure it'll look awesome!

options said:
Love it. Do you use the regular or the coarse formulation?

Is that phonypony from the Phony Pony Web site, or somewhere else?

I use the regular strength texturizer. And the phony pony I bought it from a beauty supply store for 9.99.

den1 said:
Your hair looks wonderful, how long did you leave the texturizer on for? do you comb it through or smooth? do you texturize in sections? what products did you use on your hair to achive definition, smoothness and shine? thanx in adavance.

Thank you den1. I'm a huge fan of your hair as well. I leave my texturizer in for about 10-12 minutes. I don' t do my hair in sections. I put it all in at once and leave it on for the most 15 mins. But one time I did it for 20 mins. and it was fine. I don't comb through, I smooth it with my hands.

As for what works for me for smoothness, shine I use Surge right after I wash and condition my hair followed by Tigi Ego Booost Split End Mender and some good ol Olive Oil. During the week when I wear my hair in a tight ponytail with my phony pony I spray my hair with Surge and then smooth with Olive Oil. I am yet to find something that works for curl definition. I have a bunch of products I want to try, but as soon as I find something that works I will be sure to let everyone know.

toinette said:
i'm sooo jealous right now!! your wet texturized hair looks like my wet relaxed hair . except that my hair airdires frizzy/wavy/curly and not into curls like yours. it's weird. what styling products do you put in your hair to get curl uniformity??
also, that phony pony is FIYAH!!! tell me why i didnt realize it was fake until the last pic it matches your hair very very well.

haha...Toinette..I'm sure your hair looks awesome! I think my hair is weird too..it has its days. For daily styling products I use Surge and Olive Oil. I'm keeping it simple until I find something that does the job giving me shine, curl definition and moisture in one...soooo unlikely!

Ginsana said:
Thank you den1. I'm a huge fan of your hair as well. I leave my texturizer in for about 10-12 minutes. I don' t do my hair in sections. I put it all in at once and leave it on for the most 15 mins. But one time I did it for 20 mins. and it was fine. I don't comb through, I smooth it with my hands.

As for what works for me for smoothness, shine I use Surge right after I wash and condition my hair followed by Tigi Ego Booost Split End Mender and some good ol Olive Oil. During the week when I wear my hair in a tight ponytail with my phony pony I spray my hair with Surge and then smooth with Olive Oil. I am yet to find something that works for curl definition. I have a bunch of products I want to try, but as soon as I find something that works I will be sure to let everyone know.

Thanks very much for your wonderful response..you an inspiration

ScorpioF said:
Do you apply the texturizer yourself, or does a hair stylist do it for you?

Actually my mom does my texturizer. I'm scared of hair salons! The last time I went to one was in 2001 for my high school graduation. I need to find a good one soon though because I want to get a blow-out for my college graduation in May.

Thanks Peachtree and Mswinni for the compliments!

Peachtree your hair is pretty too!! I can't wait for mine to grow that long... :)

Thanks Ayanapooh Hair2day! Actually, the phony pony is synthetic hair. Its like all the other drawstring ponytails that are out right now, its just this one is curly.

Thank you all for the compliments ladies! I'm not worthy, but I'm so humbled by them. I'm just trying to be like yall :) with your long haired selves!

Ginsana said:
Thank you all for the compliments ladies! I'm not worthy, but I'm so humbled by them. I'm just trying to be like yall :) with your long haired selves!
That was sweet! Your hair is gorgeous though!

Wow, it looks great. I wouldn't even have known it was texturized...its so uniform. Is your hair all one texture all around. My hair is so different I think I would have to texturize each one separately. You fooled me with the pony too :-)

senimoni said:
Wow, it looks great. I wouldn't even have known it was texturized...its so uniform. Is your hair all one texture all around. My hair is so different I think I would have to texturize each one separately. You fooled me with the pony too :-)

Thanks Senimoni! My hair is different textures around my head. Around my hair line and the nape of my hair is 3c/4a while the rest of my hair, mostly the middle is VERY 4B! lol...Even though I have different textures all around my hair I still texturize all at one time because 1)I guess I'm lazy :) 2) I like my hairline to be a little straight so I won't have to pull it or comb it to put my hair in a ponytail if necessary. My hairline is already smooth so all I have to do is finger comb it. I don't comb or brush my hair at all when it is dry. I only comb my hair when it has conditioner in it in the shower.

My phony pony is a life saver because my hair own hair is no where big enough to sport on its own. Its saved me many a time when I am in a rush for morning classes. As a matter of fact, my regime when my hair is not braided is to conditioner wash my hair on Sat. wash out most but not all of the conditioner, then comb my hair when wet into a tight ponytail. I spray my Surge, and Olive Oil then drench Oilve Oil on my ponytail ends and put it in a baggie and keep it in the baggie for the week and wear my phony pony every day, then on Sat. I wash it out and do it all over again...Thank God for fake hair!! :)

Back