what moisturizers keep your hair hydrated for days

youwillrise

without having to re-apply?

i just ordered some of the qhemet's burdock root cream

and also some hemp seed butter and glycerin from from nature with love

i hear really good things about qhemet products in general and about hemp seed butter...so i decided to give them a whirl since a staple moisturizer is pretty much the only thing i need in my regimen.

what are YOU using that allows you to go a couple of days or so without having to re-moisturize?

Joico Moisture Recovery Daily Moisturizer sealed with EVCO!!!!!

Imma gonna get this TOO!
I'll seal with moisture block.

eta: why did I type this? I dont think a person would need to moisturize if they're sealing with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to try this. I can't find a moisturizer that my hair loves. This is the only thing lacking from my regimen right now.

same here.

a moisturizer is the only thing i cant seem to find.

got my conditioner and oils down

but a moisturizer...meh.

i've had moisturizers that did a good moisturizing job
but caused other problems...so i stopped with them.

once i finally find my amazing moisturizer
i'll stop condition rinsing everyday
because that's really the only reason i do it so often.

I haven't found anything besides my deep conditioner. Aveda DR and Redken All Soft work well, but haven't found a great leave in:ohwell:

An hour dc followed by Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme. I keep looking for a cheaper alternative, and end up running back to this.

Believe it or not, SCurl the spray. :yep:

I usually don't use any products on my hair after a wash when I'm wearing braids or twists. So that means, I can go for over a year w/o ever applying a leave-in/moisturizer/styling product. But when wearing my hair out, I need to apply something in order for a comb to glide through my hair. That something is SCurl.

I usually spray it on my towel dried hair and comb out in the AM. By the PM, my hair still looks nice but feels somewhat dry to touch. I then spray it again till my hair's kinda damp. Put my hair in big plaits and then baggy for the night. In the AM, my hair combs really easily--like it does when drenched in conditioner. And I never need apply anymore SCurl till washday...about 2 or 3 days later. Just plaiting for the night and baggying becomes all I ever need to do till washday. And my hair remains soft and moist w/o being sticky. And did I mention my coils pop beautifully?

Qhemet Burdock Root Butter Cream on wet hair.

Also, HE conditioners and coconut oil...a marriage made in heaven.

Have any of ya'll tried leaving in the conditioners that you already use & love? :look: It really might work wonderfully!

Cathy Howese, Ultra Black hair lotion.

I like to use Motions Oil Moisturizer (its cheaper than UBH). I reapply it for protective purposes, but my hair stays soft before I reapply. I've been using it for years as a fluctuated between natural and relaxed hair.

Believe it or not, SCurl the spray. :yep:

I usually don't use any products on my hair after a wash when I'm wearing braids or twists. So that means, I can go for over a year w/o ever applying a leave-in/moisturizer/styling product. But when wearing my hair out, I need to apply something in order for a comb to glide through my hair. That something is SCurl.

I usually spray it on my towel dried hair and comb out in the AM. By the PM, my hair still looks nice but feels somewhat dry to touch. I then spray it again till my hair's kinda damp. Put my hair in big plaits and then baggy for the night. In the AM, my hair combs really easily--like it does when drenched in conditioner. And I never need apply anymore SCurl till washday...about 2 or 3 days later. Just plaiting for the night and baggying becomes all I ever need to do till washday. And my hair remains soft and moist w/o being sticky. And did I mention my coils pop beautifully?

Yep! :yep:

Glycerin type products for me...I use carefree. I wash and apply. When its dry it may also not be moisturized enough for me, i put some more on, about the palm of my hand size for my entire hair....in the morning my hair is supple and silky, and it stays like that for as much as a whole week.

Only draw back is as these products are so moisturizing, so if you were to start using them 2x a day and baggying or something, your hair WOULD be super moisturized, but it (well mine does anyway), have the appearence of wet hair....
I think this type of moisturizer is best for buns, braidouts, etc....def. not any straight styles.

I've found a new one, By Smooth n Shine, think its called Creme styling gel, smells GOOD, like Optimum conditoner and works good also.

Last edited:
i re-apply my moisturizer everyday just because but with keracare creme hairdress sealed with jbco i dont have to. also paul mitchells moisture mist is a great moisturizer.

well,

with me...i'd probably re-apply daily (or at least spritz to re-activate) as a "security blanket"...or maybe because i'm paranoid...i'm just looking for something that if i were too lazy to moisturize again for a day or two, my hair wouldnt punch me in the face. hehe.

but like i said...hopefully the stuff i purchased will help!

s-curl was a great moisturizer for me...but it made me shed quite a bit, so i stopped with it.

Yes, tishee :) I have been wondering the same thing haha
errytime I see you're askin about where to get a product :P

I know, right!?!? I need a really good moisturizer right now b/c my strands are just not liking anything. I have clarified, chealted, deep conditioned, etc... and nothing is working it seems. I remember when I first joined the forum I brought darn near everything someone said they like :nono: I have really come a long way I think:spinning::look::grin::rolleyes:

Glycerin type products for me...I use carefree. I wash and apply. When its dry it may also not be moisturized enough for me, i put some more on, about the palm of my hand size for my entire hair....in the morning my hair is supple and silky, and it stays like that for as much as a whole week.

Only draw back is as these products are so moisturizing, so if you were to start using them 2x a day and baggying or something, your hair WOULD be super moisturized, but it (well mine does anyway), have the appearence of wet hair....
I think this type of moisturizer is best for buns, braidouts, etc....def. not any straight styles.

I've found a new one, By Smooth n Shine, think its called Creme styling gel, smells GOOD, like Optimum conditoner and works good also.

Fluffy, this may be just what I need! I need moisture overload to counteract my past protein overload. This just may be the answer. I now have to get this glycerin to add with my aloe vera.

Thanks for the info.

Yes this is the problem I am having. I love the moisturing power of the glycerin and aloe vera mix I have been using, but I cannot set my hair.:sad: I rollerset at night and have to wear a ponty tail because it is just too straight. But it looks nice and shiny!:yep:

I loooooooove Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave In.
I apply it like every other day. It costs about 7 bucks but it lasts me a month or so... it's my leave in AND moisturizer. Sometimes the price is $5 when on sale.

Back