what moisturizers keep your hair hydrated for days

OMG!!! steaming! Samantha was right! i did it for the first time sunday with a home made mix that sucks rocks, but my hair came out soft & shiny, and here it is tuesday, and i still didn't have to put anything on it! i did anyway cause my hair cant seem to get enough moisture, but now, its only weighed down and sorta greasy. Ususally i have to moisturize twice a day!
(its a mix of honeyquat, saa, shea & cocoa butter, coconut oil)
If it made this hair-hardening mix soften up my hair, imagine what would happen with a really good moisturizer??:grin:

I have not found anything that keeps my hair moisturized for days but Qhemet Biologics Olive Cream Detangler and Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk have come pretty close; I use these two moisturizers alot.

The only thing that keeps my hair super moisturized for days is putting curl activator gel throughout my hair then sealing it with Oyin Handmade Whipped Shea Butter. This will last me for days.

Also blended cutie butter me up keeps my hair moist for a few days.

Have any of ya'll tried leaving in the conditioners that you already use & love? :look: It really might work wonderfully!
love to do this. i was forced to make a thread about doing this, LOL
Joico Moisture Recovery Daily Moisturizer sealed with EVCO!!!!!
i wanna try this so bad!
An hour dc followed by Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme. I keep looking for a cheaper alternative, and end up running back to this.
i like this one as well. like you said i cant find anything cheaper that works as well on all the hair textures floating around my house.

Believe it or not, SCurl the spray. :yep:

I usually don't use any products on my hair after a wash when I'm wearing braids or twists. So that means, I can go for over a year w/o ever applying a leave-in/moisturizer/styling product. But when wearing my hair out, I need to apply something in order for a comb to glide through my hair. That something is SCurl.

I usually spray it on my towel dried hair and comb out in the AM. By the PM, my hair still looks nice but feels somewhat dry to touch. I then spray it again till my hair's kinda damp. Put my hair in big plaits and then baggy for the night. In the AM, my hair combs really easily--like it does when drenched in conditioner. And I never need apply anymore SCurl till washday...about 2 or 3 days later. Just plaiting for the night and baggying becomes all I ever need to do till washday. And my hair remains soft and moist w/o being sticky. And did I mention my coils pop beautifully?

I have to agree, I spray on the S Curl Daily every morning. When I get home at take my hair out the BUN still moist! Sometimes I can even skip a day.

Its not a moisturizer but I have been using Profective Growth Oil Sheen as of late. It really makes my hair soft and shiny and does not weigh it down. I really like the ingredients too since it has silk amino acids. It does not have mineral oil which I think helps. I finally figured out that my hair does not like heavy moisturizers unless I am wearing it up. I think using a deep conditioner and leave in twice a week helps alot too.

My new favorite moisturizer....and best one I've found so far for my hair...is Cantu Break Cure. It really keeps my hair moisturized and soft...i couldn't believe how well it worked since I just randomly picked it up one day at the BSS. I Love it. But I've only tried it on air-dried hair so I'll have to see how it works on blowdried or flatironed hair.

break-cure-strengthening.jpg

without having to re-apply?

i just ordered some of the qhemet's burdock root cream

and also some hemp seed butter and glycerin from from nature with love

i hear really good things about qhemet products in general and about hemp seed butter...so i decided to give them a whirl since a staple moisturizer is pretty much the only thing i need in my regimen.

what are YOU using that allows you to go a couple of days or so without having to re-moisturize?

where did you get qhemet's burdock root cream?

I've gotta try that but right now their greg juice under some shine and define or some oil to seal works great for a few days

daaaaaaaaang u have some of the prettiest natural hair I've seen. What do you do besides moisturize? *Runs to kidnap your regimen* lol

Aussie Leavin-in spray, cantu shea butter leave-in conditioning cream, and any oil (I use my modified MoeGro oil) on top. I usually wake up with my hair still moist and soft. I apply this mix every day though.

Qhemets biologics burdock cream i use this after applying the hydrating olive balm...perfect!!!

Karens body beautiful milk
shea moisture leave in
yes to cucumbers
Darcys botanicals leave in.. all the above sealed with jane carter nourish and shine....Peeeeeeeeeerfect!!!!

I have found a combination that seems to work well on my hair, maybe you can tweak it a bit, but finally I found something that works. After co-washing (with ayurveda mix) I towel blot, apply a/g fastfood leave-in, several pumps of Herbal Essences LTR split end protector, and coconut oil or Vatika frosting. Now my hair feels wonderful after and I just bun for the day. At the end of the day, I let down my bun (still damp) and apply my MT to my scalp and Castor oil to my hair, and cover with satin bonnet. I have tried EVERYTHING, and this keeps my hair soft, tangle free, and moisturized. Hope this helps.
V~

I'm so glad someone resurrected this thread. Thank you. I've heard alot about this Qhemet burdock cream. I will have to try this, but in the new year. At the end of this month I'll be restocking my Miss Jessie's during their BOGO sale.

Ayurvedic Hair Butter-Njoi Creations

Coconut Cream Hairdress-Njoi Creations

Buttery Soy Cream-My Honey Child

Coconut Hair Milk-Komaza Care

Happy Hair Growing!

Back