What makes the CHI so special?

I haven't used any other irons...but I do love my CHI. I just had my hair flat-ironed....the results are in my siggy. I've transitioned in the past and it has gotten my 5mos. new growth super straight. If you want more convincing check out these pics from Patchouli85...she's a pro with the CHI http://public.fotki.com/patchouli85/flat-iron-tutorial-/

I loved this tutorial...I am saving it to my favs...the Chi didn't get hot enough for me and my hair reverted very fast so I gave it away...I use the FHI but this tutorial is FABULOUS...great tips on blowdrying and styling that I can use..Thanks for posting :grin:

Thank y'all so much!

Even though I'm more confused (well a lil :)) It's a race between the CHI, FHI, and Sedu according to most of you ladies. I guess if the FHI is cheaper and has temp settings, I'll go for that.

Or maybe I'll get the CHI if I can find a return policy in case I hate it. :look:

Thank y'all so much!

Even though I'm more confused (well a lil :)) It's a race between the CHI, FHI, and Sedu according to most of you ladies. I guess if the FHI is cheaper and has temp settings, I'll go for that.

Or maybe I'll get the CHI if I can find a return policy in case I hate it. :look:
It depends on which CHI you get. I have the CHI turbo and it has temp control, I paid $125 for it. Here's a pic, check it out:
DSC00628-vi.jpg

ETA: I don't know why the pic won't show... but that's the link to the pic anyway:spinning:

Ok so I've only used the CHI once (folica sent the CHI instead of the Sedu so I tried it out before I returned it). I originally didn't want the CHI because of the fixed temperature so I had a negative impression of it before I even used it. At the time, I didn't like how my hair came out and I was happy to send it back to folica. Now as far as the Sedu goes... it gets very hot and it will get your hair straight... but I'm finding that my hair is very lifeless when I use it (CHI Silk Infusion is the only product that I use when I flat iron). So I'm not impressed with it either. Then I have comparison pictures of the Chi and the Sedu... I think my hair actually looked better after using the Chi @7-8 weeks post vs. the Sedu 1 day post.

Here's the pic: Nov (CHI) Jan (Sedu)

http://public.fotki.com/ladyrah05/progress-pics/hair.html

***** UPDATE*******

I did purchase the CHI and LOVE it! The guy at Ulta told me NOT to buy the turbo for my texture hair (he was a black stylist). He recommended the classic CHI and some PM Skinny serum and it worked WONDERS! My siggy pic is about 3 days after I used the CHI.

My right after results are here: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=209511

I am convinced that the CHI gives salon quality results at home. I mean really salon quality, not just "salon-like" results. I LOVE the CHI :)

Ok so I've only used the CHI once (folica sent the CHI instead of the Sedu so I tried it out before I returned it). I originally didn't want the CHI because of the fixed temperature so I had a negative impression of it before I even used it. At the time, I didn't like how my hair came out and I was happy to send it back to folica. Now as far as the Sedu goes... it gets very hot and it will get your hair straight... but I'm finding that my hair is very lifeless when I use it (CHI Silk Infusion is the only product that I use when I flat iron). So I'm not impressed with it either. Then I have comparison pictures of the Chi and the Sedu... I think my hair actually looked better after using the Chi @7-8 weeks post vs. the Sedu 1 day post.

Here's the pic: Nov (CHI) Jan (Sedu)

http://public.fotki.com/ladyrah05/progress-pics/hair.html

OMG! You can see a big differecne between the 2! Thanks for the post.

***** UPDATE*******

I did purchase the CHI and LOVE it! The guy at Ulta told me NOT to buy the turbo for my texture hair (he was a black stylist). He recommended the classic CHI and some PM Skinny serum and it worked WONDERS! My siggy pic is about 3 days after I used the CHI.

My right after results are here: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=209511

I am convinced that the CHI gives salon quality results at home. I mean really salon quality, not just "salon-like" results. I LOVE the CHI :)
I wonder why he would not recommend the CHI with temp control... did he explain? I am so cuirous about that...

Personally I don't see anything special about CHI. I bought a CHI Turbo in December. I wash/condition using Biolage and then I deep condition with ORS Olive Oil pak. Afterwards I blowdry my hair using Redken smooth down and a moisturizing leave in. I have tried to flat iron using Redken, CHI serum, IC serum, and a few other products that have been recommended as heat protectants/smoothers. I have almost tried them all. After I flat iron with the CHI, my hair looks and feels so dry. I have to add a lot of serums and oils after in order to try to tame my 4a/b coarse relaxed hair. :nono:

At first I was thinking that the heat protectants weren't working for my hair, but then one day I saw the light. I heard so many good things about CHI, that I didn't expect this good thing to be so negative towards my hair. I just recently ordered a Solia flat iron from Folica. I will see how this one works in comparison to CHI. I'm so glad that I have other options.:yep:

Are you sure you bought the real thing, CHI has been copy cat. The CHI was the first and the other company copied it, in addition to the manufacture who was was making the CHI, FAROUK.

I've had my CHI for almost three years and it still works great. To comment on the heat setting, it is set for the correct heat so that you do not burn your hair. It's great and VERY worth the money.

Personally I don't see anything special about CHI. I bought a CHI Turbo in December. I wash/condition using Biolage and then I deep condition with ORS Olive Oil pak. Afterwards I blowdry my hair using Redken smooth down and a moisturizing leave in. I have tried to flat iron using Redken, CHI serum, IC serum, and a few other products that have been recommended as heat protectants/smoothers. I have almost tried them all. After I flat iron with the CHI, my hair looks and feels so dry. I have to add a lot of serums and oils after in order to try to tame my 4a/b coarse relaxed hair. :nono:

At first I was thinking that the heat protectants weren't working for my hair, but then one day I saw the light. I heard so many good things about CHI, that I didn't expect this good thing to be so negative towards my hair. I just recently ordered a Solia flat iron from Folica. I will see how this one works in comparison to CHI. I'm so glad that I have other options.:yep:

Did you try CHI silk infusions for your heat protectant? And try wash/condition/blowdry/Chi silk infusions and then see what happens. My hair didn't act right when I put product in it before flat ironing.

Did you try CHI silk infusions for your heat protectant? And try wash/condition/blowdry/Chi silk infusions and then see what happens. My hair didn't act right when I put product in it before flat ironing.

I tried CHI Silk Infusions as my heat protectant. Actually I used both CHI Silk Infusions and Redken Smooth Down as my heat protectant one day. My hair was shinier than normal, but my hair still was not nice and sleek :sad:

I've had CHI for around 3 months now and I gave it my all. Trying a new flat iron may be the best thing for me. I do understand that what works well for others may not work well for me. :yep:

Back