What make your hair bling.

Tolle

Team Fluid
I have finally found my "holy grail" products and regimen but I'm missing some umph. My hair feels soft and strong, no more shedding, splits are non existent but I need some BLING. My hair is thin/fine so I am scared to use oils for fear of weighing it down and halting my swang:grin:.
My last beautician was using something called "brilliance something(it was a very lightweight finishing spray" but she's not around anymore:nono:. What are you ladies using?

I just use a lil bit of oil. Or a polish/shine serum. But really I henna and indigo and that black cherry cola color reflects light very well and gives me great shine and when I add the oil or serum to it, it gives me great BLING!

My favorites for mega shine are Oribe's supershine moisturising cream and mizani supreme oil

Lately, I've been using Bear Fruit Hair Shine Rinse as a Finishing Rinse. The Red Wine and the Green Tea & Apple. Also, Hairveda's Phinishing Rinse.

Pure Argan Oil, Hempseed Oil , Grapeseed Oil and as Ms.Boing said, Henna/Indigo also gives that Blinging Shine.:yep:

Frederic Fekkai has a Hair Glossing Cream that is good and Aveda has Brilliante Pomade that works well too.:lick:

A few drops of IC Fantasia Polisher is nice too.:yep:

Sounds like your stylist was using Aveda Brilliant in the little spray bottle.

I fiend for shine, some of the things I use:-

Aveda Emollient Finishing Gloss
Aveda Universal styling creme

Sometimes I will add a couple of drops of the finishing gloss to the USC and just run my hands through my hair to give my bun a nice shine. The USC is a great finishing creme to 'set' my hair, especially when I put my scarf on.

When my hair is wet I tend to use Alfaparf Liquidi Cristalli, this is great for my rollersets, I get lovely results every time/

I use a dab of Jane Carter Nourish and Shine. But honestly, I think that lots and lots and LOTS of water intake adds a certain shine, as well. :yep:

My favorites for mega shine are Oribe's supershine moisturising cream and mizani supreme oil

Dommo I've been looking at Oribe's products with interest. I'd like to try them but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of reviews from women of colour, have you tried their conditioners, if so are they any good?

The moisturising cream sounds good, but I'm too scared that I'll like it. :look:

You ladies never fail me. I will be looking for these products (will use the first one I find). I'll be sure to report back my results with pics.

Kimble Shine Spray(Target) works great for me, its sooooooo super light, you could be heavy-handed with it and it still wouldnt stop the swang, I know what you mean and I think you'd like it b/c I refuse to use most all oils, pomade, or creme on freshly ironed hair.

@Dommo I've been looking at Oribe's products with interest. I'd like to try them but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of reviews from women of colour, have you tried their conditioners, if so are they any good?

The moisturising cream sounds good, but I'm too scared that I'll like it. :look:

The supershine moisturizing cream is my fave from the line. I just repurchased another bottle and although it is expensive, it's worth it. I recently purchased the hair masque and for the price, I would not repurchase. The Kerastase masquintense is soooo much better and less money.

And unfortunately there aren't many reviews on the web from WOC who use these kind of products. I love luxurious hair products though; realistically not necessary but i love em none the less :grin:

I have very fine/thin hair and I love Organix coconut milk serum or one n' only argan oil these two are very light weight. My stylist at JCPenney used mizani thermasmooth shine extend anti humidity spritz and I like that also.

Hemp seed oil
Bear Fruit Hair Red Wine Grape Shine rinse
Claudie's Montego Bay oil
John Frieda Luminous glaze

The supershine moisturizing cream is my fave from the line. I just repurchased another bottle and although it is expensive, it's worth it. I recently purchased the hair masque and for the price, I would not repurchase. The Kerastase masquintense is soooo much better and less money.

And unfortunately there aren't many reviews on the web from WOC who use these kind of products. I love luxurious hair products though; realistically not necessary but i love em none the less :grin:

We clearly like the same things. I love masquintense too. :grin: I've run out now and need to repurchase. When I use it with Kerastase Aqua Oleum, OMG softness, shine, movement, silkiness. It is a seriously good treatment - it's expensive with only four vials in the pack. I'll keep buying it though because no other product has made my hair feel like that.

I think I'll nip into the store later today to try some of the moisturising creme. :yep:

I second what LushLox mentioned for roller sets - Alfaparf Liquidi Cristalli
Hemp oil or evco for sealing
Ceramides in DC (although I rarely mix oils in my conditioners these days)

I have been using Hot Six Oil and John Frieda Fly Away Creme with Shine

During the day I put Jojoba Oil on my hair from root to tip. I have passable shine but I want more!!!

You ladies have inspired me. I also rinse with cold water.

Sounds like your stylist was using Aveda Brilliant in the little spray bottle.

I fiend for shine, some of the things I use:-

Aveda Emollient Finishing Gloss
Aveda Universal styling creme

Sometimes I will add a couple of drops of the finishing gloss to the USC and just run my hands through my hair to give my bun a nice shine. The USC is a great finishing creme to 'set' my hair, especially when I put my scarf on.

When my hair is wet I tend to use Alfaparf Liquidi Cristalli, this is great for my rollersets, I get lovely results every time/

Yup. I love the Aveda Brilliant line. They smell so good. I use the humidity pomade prior to heat styling. Just a little dab.

Sometimes also use the silicon drops for after styling (or flyaways). I find Aveeda's is much lighter than all of the brands I have ever used.

I also have fine hair and just hate to have limp/greasy hair.

My hair has a natural shine lately when wet before dc. Adding wheat germ oil to my dc makes it even shinier without the oily feeling.

One of my sisters uses this spray called Clio something. Shine galore even for my natural hair so I know it works for relaxed hair too

My "holy grail" spray to achieve super shine is Proclaim Olive Glosser (from Sally's). I've been using this stuff for years. Not only does it provide a bit of moisture, I find that I can use it to seal my hair (and keep moisture in better) and it gives amazing shine (without weighing my hair down).

And if that wasn't enough, it smells amazing. I get compliments on how my hair smells when I use it. :lol:

Back